• 1(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI
Great job. I hope to try it out soon
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Thank you for the great plugin. It is smooth but i dont have too may videos. I also tested it to play from livestreams plugin and it works great. Thanks for great sharing.
Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm intending on adding more features and extending functionality.
Thank you for this great app just as I started using XBMC for the first time. I have over a hundred alternative films on my google drive and this is the add-on i need. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to get it to work. I am very much a noob but I did manage to get the add-on installed and enabled and it appears in my video add-ons. I went into the configure screen and entered my gmail/drive user name in the form [email protected] and entered my password as well. When i go to Video - Add-on and click on the gDrive icon I get back a message "Error! script failed gDrive 2.0" I am running Linux Mint 15 on an HP DV-9230us. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I was not sure what you meant in your instructions when you stated "2) transfer the .zip file to XBMC " I simply clicked on Install from .zip file then navigated to where i had downloaded it to in my Home-Download folder and clicked on the file to install the add-on.
Nice work!
(2013-11-09, 06:43)alibaba011 Wrote: Thank you for the great plugin. It is smooth but i dont have too may videos. I also tested it to play from livestreams plugin and it works great. Thanks for great sharing.

(2013-11-11, 05:48)markas Wrote: Thank you for this great app just as I started using XBMC for the first time. I have over a hundred alternative films on my google drive and this is the add-on i need. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to get it to work. I am very much a noob but I did manage to get the add-on installed and enabled and it appears in my video add-ons. I went into the configure screen and entered my gmail/drive user name in the form [email protected] and entered my password as well. When i go to Video - Add-on and click on the gDrive icon I get back a message "Error! script failed gDrive 2.0" I am running Linux Mint 15 on an HP DV-9230us. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I was not sure what you meant in your instructions when you stated "2) transfer the .zip file to XBMC " I simply clicked on Install from .zip file then navigated to where i had downloaded it to in my Home-Download folder and clicked on the file to install the add-on.

For installing, from within XBMC, you can access Videos -> Add-ons -> Get More -> Install from zip file, then navigate to the .zip file and click ok. You can also install it from System -> Add-ons -> Install from zip file.

If you have it installed, you'll notice a directory called plugin.video.gdrive under ~/.xbmc/addons/

Can you send me the debug log? I will PM you the email address. You can enable debug by going to System -> System -> Debugging, enable debug logging. Then try accessing the plugin. After you encounter the error, send me the log located at ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log.
I have pushed a 0.2.1 version.

I found a minor issue with the authorization token feature turning on by itself. If you are encountering errors and if you see the authorization token field containing a value in Addon Settings, install the new revision, go into Addon Settings and click Defaults. This will reset your input fields. The authorization token field should not populate with a value unless you turn the experimental feature on. At this time, it is not recommended you turn that feature on.
Great work! I'm trying to build my first addon, which will play videos that are publicly hosted on Google Drive. Is there a way for me to call plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&videoid=ID_of_video instead of using the title, and without having to enter credentials for authentication? Thank you
Hi dmdsoftware, great add-on thank you very much. Is there any chance that you could add picture viewing also, this would be fantastic if possible to view all the family backed up photo's. Once again thanks for your time and effort.
tried it , shows the list but fails to play it
(2014-01-25, 20:20)o2ri Wrote: tried it , shows the list but fails to play it

It was working as of Monday.

It appears (from reading on google drive developer APIs) that they are pushing through new changes to the Google Drive Accounts (new features). I logged in today to my drive account, and sure enough, the UI is different. The plugin isn't working for me anymore either. I get the list but playback fails. Debugging shows that an API call that was working before now fails. It looks to be a google bug, but there should be a way around it. Will need to work on it.
Updated! with version 0.2.5

I tracked the newly introduced problem recently where the list of videos show up, but playback fails. This problem started for me on Tuesday Feb 04, 2014. I, coincidentally, noticed that the UI for Google Drive WebSite UI also updated at the same time. I don't know if it is a bug or an intentional change. The change is that now video files are accessible via the wise service and not writely (the way it has been previously). Therefore, playback would fail. I have updated the plugin to download or stream using wise.

IF YOUR ACCOUNT ISN'T AFFECTED BY THIS CHANGE, that is, if your Google Drive account has not yet been updated (since changes to the services are rolled out gradually), you can force using the old method. In most cases, the plugin will automatically try to use the writely service if it detects that your account hasn't switched over yet. But in cases where you use the playvideo or memoryCacheVideo parameters to invoke a video file directly, you will need to actually enable "Force old writely service for plackback" to ON/TRUE in settings IF you find that playback fails
Can't wait for the folders updates.
The folder updates are my next task. My main account has over 500 videos.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12