• 74(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
guys do you also have the problem with .strm files containing an apostrophe or does this only occur in association with emby for kodi?
(2016-11-16, 02:56)horstepipe Wrote: guys do you also have the problem with .strm files containing an apostrophe or does this only occur in association with emby for kodi?

Can you clarify if the name of the video file contains the apostrophe as well or is it just in the STRM filename?
(2016-11-16, 00:54)SEIKT Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 18:14)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 17:48)SEIKT Wrote: Hey dmd,

Is it possible to integrate the resume menu (selection of resume or start at the beginning) on local STRM's using the cloud_db approach for saving resume points?

You mean so that when you start the media file, it asks if you want to resume or start over, instead of resume where left?

Yeah. The menu prompts when I play a media file through your add-on but won't display when playing a media file via STRM.

I can popup with a similar dialog like the stream quality selection. The little context menu type popup is not accessible for plugins (it's not an available input type).
(2016-11-16, 16:20)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 00:54)SEIKT Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 18:14)dmdsoftware Wrote: You mean so that when you start the media file, it asks if you want to resume or start over, instead of resume where left?

Yeah. The menu prompts when I play a media file through your add-on but won't display when playing a media file via STRM.

I can popup with a similar dialog like the stream quality selection. The little context menu type popup is not accessible for plugins (it's not an available input type).

If you can create a selection menu, like the stream quality one, that provides resume/play from the start options.... then that would be brilliant.
(2016-11-16, 16:19)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 02:56)horstepipe Wrote: guys do you also have the problem with .strm files containing an apostrophe or does this only occur in association with emby for kodi?

Can you clarify if the name of the video file contains the apostrophe as well or is it just in the STRM filename?

Sure, sorry:
  • First scenario
    video file name and strm file name contain an apostrophe:
    Stephen King's Es.1080p.bluray.dca.mkv
    Stephen King's Es.1080p.bluray.dca.mkv.strm
    -> The error occurs
  • second scenario
    I removed the apostrophe only from the strm file name, not from original video file, so
    Stephen King's Es.1080p.bluray.dca.mkv
    Stephen Kings Es.1080p.bluray.dca.mkv.strm
    -> The error occurs
  • third scenario
    I removed the apostrophe from the strm file name, the original video file name and, consequentially, from the link in the .strm file, so
    Stephen Kings Es.1080p.bluray.dca.mkv
    Stephen Kings Es.1080p.bluray.dca.mkv.strm
    -> playback works fine

Best regards
should the resume function work properly?
I'm on v0.8.29 and I'm being asked whether to resume or not (not in plugin).
But when I choose "resume from xxxx" it starts from beginning, anyway.
(2016-11-17, 04:03)horstepipe Wrote: should the resume function work properly?

Interesting, I'm on 0.8.05. Will give 0.8.29 a try later.

I have no issues playing back a title with an apostrophe in it. Tested with a STRM/movie named: Stephen King's It (1990).strm/Stephen King's It (1990).mkv

via STRM?
(2016-11-17, 06:18)dmdsoftware Wrote:

via STRM?

yes, strm in Emby for Kodi database if this is of importance.
(2016-11-17, 04:11)SEIKT Wrote:

Interesting, I'm on 0.8.05. Will give 0.8.29 a try later.

I have no issues playing back a title with an apostrophe in it. Tested with a STRM/movie named: Stephen King's It (1990).strm/Stephen King's It (1990).mkv

and this strm is in your Kodi database?
Hm where to get v0.8.05? will give it a try
ok I installed v0.8.05, but I'm getting still the same error.
You are right the error occurs only in connection with Emby for Kodi.
Just made a test Kodi setup and scraped some movies with apostrophe directly to Kodi, here it works.

So I can just hope ddurlde feels like tracking down this specific problem. Will ask in Emby forum, too.
(2016-11-17, 14:37)horstepipe Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 06:18)dmdsoftware Wrote:

via STRM?

.STRM files in KODI does not support resume. This is why I asked. If you playback files in the plugin, if there is a resume point, it prompts to resume. Because KODI doesn't recognize resume points with STRM it stores no such information and there is no prompt. A user can enable CLOUD_DB and resume points (stored in the cloud in your Google Drive account) will work -- right now, it will simply resume, but adding a prompt.
(2016-11-17, 17:30)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 14:37)horstepipe Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 06:18)dmdsoftware Wrote: via STRM?

.STRM files in KODI does not support resume. This is why I asked. If you playback files in the plugin, if there is a resume point, it prompts to resume. Because KODI doesn't recognize resume points with STRM it stores no such information and there is no prompt. A user can enable CLOUD_DB and resume points (stored in the cloud in your Google Drive account) will work -- right now, it will simply resume, but adding a prompt.

Thanks for the info! At least I'm being asked to resume and can see the time I need to fast forward to.
Any chance to solve my apostrophe problem? Otherwise I have to start renaming hundreds of files... Undecided
(2016-11-17, 17:44)horstepipe Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 17:30)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 14:37)horstepipe Wrote: yes, strm in Emby for Kodi database if this is of importance.

Thanks for the info!
Any chance to solve my apostrophe problem? Otherwise I have to start renaming hundreds of files... Undecided

Can you send me details of your Emby setup and if you can check the log for any pertinent information when you try to playback.
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12