Found one bug that prevents launching from DVD
hello all,
i know that launching from dvd is totally unsupported but imho its nonetheless an interesting feature.
i managed to build a binary that launches fine from dvd and in the process i found two bugs.
i reported them in another thread a while ago but i'm posting this to the dev board now because somebody might care enough to add a lone line fix.

the problem i found is with the caching of textures.xpr. it copies the file from dvd to z: which works fine the first time but fails every time after that because z:\textures.xpr is write protected since the xbox copied the original read only flag from dvd.

the fix is to set the file to writeable before trying to copy it:
Quote: if (!copyfile(strpath, "z:\\textures.xpr", false))
{
clog::log(logerror, "unable to open file: %s: %x", strpath.c_str(), getlasterror());
return false;
}
becomes
Quote: setfileattributes("z:\\textures.xpr", file_attribute_normal); //must set readable before overwriting
if (!copyfile(strpath, "z:\\textures.xpr", false))
{
clog::log(logerror, "unable to open file: %s: %x", strpath.c_str(), getlasterror());
return false;
}

the other bug is filezilla related and i simply disabled it. the original thread is at
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=17639

btw i'm curious why there is a cache function in the first place if xbmc was never intended to be launched from dvd. after all the caching only happens when "disk sector size is not supported" which equals a launch from dvd.
thanks - i'll add the fix.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Found one bug that prevents launching from DVD0