My XBMC Console w/ Raspberry Pi
I've been working on this for a while now and thought I would share my progress so far. My goal here was to build a travel size, all in one, XBMC system that I could take with me on trips and to friends/family's house.

The container was designed in SolidWorks and printed on my Replicator2. Overall dimensions are 7.125" x 6.125" x 1.375"

Inside the box I have:

-Raspberry Pi Model B
-WD My Passport 1TB External Hard Drive
-Powered USB Hub
-Edimax 150mbs Wireless Adapter
-Mini Wireless Keyboard
-Blue LED strip (powered off the remaining USB port)

I am using the Amber skin for the Raspbmc interface. Using the standard overclock feature on the Pi, the interface runs surprisingly well. Not the equivalent of my HTPC, but more than acceptable.

I'm looking for ideas for V3.0... Any and all feedback is welcome!

watch gallery
Nice case, especially with the illuminated "XBMC" cutout! I'm moving this to the "Showcase" subforum so others can enjoy seeing your creation without having to dig through all the hardware recommendation requests.
Very cool!
Very nice
Nice setup man. Here is an idea for V3.0, put the LEDs on the GPIO pins and make them RGB that way you can control them based on what's going on in XBMC. Some simple python scripts would make it easy and integrate with XBMC with ease.
Awesome!
(2013-11-11, 06:49)poplap Wrote: Nice setup man. Here is an idea for V3.0, put the LEDs on the GPIO pins and make them RGB that way you can control them based on what's going on in XBMC. Some simple python scripts would make it easy and integrate with XBMC with ease.

Great idea... I didn't realize that was something I could do. Thanks!
Awesome and great idea!
rebuilding ....
Do you have the 3D printer files?

I've got a replicator2 here and I'd like to print the case Smile
(2013-11-12, 11:58)zag Wrote: Do you have the 3D printer files?

I've got a replicator2 here and I'd like to print the case Smile

I do, and will be happy to share them. I will put it on Thingaverse. The model needs a little tweaking first. I will try and get it up this weekend.
Very cool.
I saw that you were looking for suggestions for v 3.0. I would suggest the Aeon MQ5 theme. It is super clean with tons of options to customize the menus. Other than that that case is pretty clean! Nice install!
This is very cool. But I personally did not like the blue LED's.
I think milky plexiglass would distribute the light better. But all in all it is very nice Smile
Wow. At first glance I thought it was a neat case, nothing more. Then I scrolled through the photos and saw you fit all that stuff in there. Very cool.
Very nice setup. I'm running a Raspberry Pi myself. Love the build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My XBMC Console w/ Raspberry Pi0