Unable to run Cinema Experience Trivia
Not sure if this is a problem with aeon nox or of the cinema experience script. But since the issue doesn't occur with other skins, I'm going to ask my question here.

When I enable slides in cinema-experience, the addon and movie fails to start. If I disable slides, the proper cinema experience intros play and the movie runs fine.

In my xbmc.log I get the following:

Quote:07:57:54 T:139863663834880 NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Starting Trivia script
07:57:54 T:139863663834880 ERROR: EXCEPTION: XML File for Window is missing
07:57:54 T:139863663834880 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
07:57:54 T:139863663834880 ERROR: File "/home/senjin/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience-master/addon.py", line 176, in <module>
07:57:54 T:139863663834880 ERROR: exit = Script().start_script( sys.argv[ 1 ].lower() )
07:57:54 T:139863663834880 ERROR: File "/home/senjin/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience-master/resources/lib/ce_player.py", line 96, in start_script
07:57:54 T:139863663834880 ERROR: self._play_trivia( mpaa, genre, plist, equivalent_mpaa )
07:57:54 T:139863663834880 ERROR: File "/home/senjin/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience-master/resources/lib/ce_player.py", line 298, in _play_trivia
07:57:54 T:139863663834880 ERROR: ui = Trivia( "script-CExperience-trivia.xml", __addon__.getAddonInfo('path'), "Default", "720p" )
07:57:54 T:139863663834880 ERROR: RuntimeError: XML File for Window is missing
07:57:54 T:139863663834880 NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - messy_exit: Use exit() or Ctrl-D (i.e. EOF) to exit

Is there a way cinema-experience, with the slides/trivia working?

I'm running: Starting XBMC (12.2 Git:32b1a5e), Platform: Linux (Linux Mint 15 Olivia, 3.8.0-33-generic x86_64). Built on May 2 2013
And Aeon Nox 4.0.9
I know you said it doesn't happen in all skins for you, but it looks like this could be be your issue?

Basically, there's a case sensitivity problem in the Add On.

As a workaround, try

Code:
ln -s ~/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins/default ~/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins/Default

HTH
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
I had encountered that problem and fix on my on search already. But alas that's not what's going wrong.
The directory was capitalized already. But just to make sure I did make the link with ln -s so there's both a capitalized and uncapitalized version with the same file.
It doesn't solve the problem though, still the same result.

I noticed now that also the navi-x plugin crashes with the xbmc log complaining about the same issue. XML window file missing. I switch to confluence, and it works fine again.
Incase somebody would like a full xbmc.log with debugging on of the issue. You can find it here: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7442659#file-xbmc-log

I have tried Aeon MQ4 as well and the cinema experience addon runs fine in that, same goes for Transparency. So I'm afraid I'm going to have to stick to MQ4 for the time being.
I hope somebody will fix Aeon Nox's compatibility with the slides.

If wanted, I can post a log of trying to start Navi-X on Aeon Nox as well, it gives a similar 'windows xml missing' error.

I tried reinstalling Aeon Nox, XBMC and Cinema Experience all to non avail. Even went so far as to delete the packages and userdata associated to it and removing it from the guisettings.xml. Nothing helps.

Is anyone else having these issues as well or am I the only one? Or maybe nobody uses slides or CE.
Just did a clean install and tried xbmc-nightly, aeon nox git and cinema experience git, same issue.
cinema experience-git doesn't work with xbmc-nightly, not even with another skin. so it's back to repository versions for both and aeon mq4
and back to the original problem
Tried the whole thing on windows today, and it runs fine there. Same cinema experience version, same aeon nox.
Which means I can only come to the conclusion that it's not a problem with the addons at all but with the addons and the xbmc version that linux Mint 15 puts in their distribution.
I have tried other verions from the ppa's. Nightlies and team-xbmc repository versions. But those don't work either so it could be any 3rd party things it uses. Eg. python incompatibility etc.

Using Aeon MQ5 on linux now, which also works well with the addons and I'm liking it so far. In looks it's fairly similar to Aeon Nox. So I'll stick to that for now.
Aeon Nox only on windows.
I know it's not particularly helpful (especially since it sounds like you've tried just about every combination possible), but it works for me.

I use XBMCbuntu with the stable versions of CE and Nox, no Git versions. Once the symlink is in place, it works as expected and Trivia slides play fine.

The fact it works on Windows for you does seem to point to case sensitivity shenanigans somewhere.

Like I said, I know that's not particularly helpful Smile
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Linux Mint 15 is an ubuntu-raring based flavor of linux and uses the ubuntu raring repositories as well as it's own.
I assume when I install xbmc from the default repositories, that it's installing the same version you have when you install it in ubuntu.
It does say 'git' though in the package description and in the xbmc system info. But it's from the stable repositories.

If it's a capitalization problem it's going to be hard to track down for me. There's no info in the debug log which points me in that direction and the 'fix' described above for the default<->Default folder doesn't work.
It's odd that there's no issues when I try it in Transparency or Aeon MQ4 and 5 That would indicate it's a problem with Nox. But the same Nox runs fine on windows with CE enabled. Again making capitalization seem a likely culprit.

I gave up on the linux xbmc for now and settled with the windows version. I have more issues with xbmc on linux and I now just want to enjoy movies and am done fiddling.
There's problems with that when it starts a video file, it glitches/stutters after 2 or 3 seconds, just for a second or so and after that it plays perfectly fine. Not a big deal you might say but when you play lots of little theater intro's and ads in succession it does become irritating because I want a smooth experience. Also I still can't get xbmc to vsync properly with the nvidia xorg. There's always some tearing going on, especially on HD footage. (I tried plenty of options to get it to sync up in the system video settings, xbmc video settings, xbmc syncing to audio clock etc, driver settings, hand-editing the xorg.conf etc etc etc)

The windows version of xbmc solves all of that for me right out of the box, plus no issues with capitalization and failing addons.
I like having things run well on linux and love using linux. But for now I'm just going to be practical. I might look into xbmc on linux again in half a year or so. Maybe things are fixed by then.

Thanks for the help.
(2013-11-11, 15:46)ReducedToZero Wrote: I know you said it doesn't happen in all skins for you, but it looks like this could be be your issue?

Basically, there's a case sensitivity problem in the Add On.

As a workaround, try

Code:
ln -s ~/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins/default ~/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins/Default

HTH

That problem was fixed in version 3.0.6. The XBMC addons repo was not updating the Lower case path.
You often have to watch using the Master Branch of any thing(XBMC, addons). This is where a lot of the work gets done and though efforts are made to have it functional, you might have grabbed when a bad change is pushed.
Will try next time I go looking into it. I tried several versions, not just git-versions. With the git version I usually went for the frodo-branch and not the master-branch as I didn't know how to turn the master-branch into a working addon.
I don't recall now if it was xbmc, the cinema experience addon or aeon nox that I got from git. But I tried different combinations and variations of each.
I blame the linux-distribution I used since it works fine on windows with the same versions of the software and addons. (It also runs a lot more smoothly on windows, without tearing issues and stutters at the start of each new video)

Oh and maybe an idea for the cinema experience addon, I know it's not the place but since the creator is reading along...
Why not make it so that it's just a list of intro/outro/slide folders that it goes through in succession, with arbitrary selection if it has to be 1-5 random or specified videos etc from the folders.
Eg, as it is now but without specifying if it's theater-intro or feature-intro's etc. Just a list you can expand on and add folders to.
That way people don't have to jump through odd hoops to get certain things to play that aren't supported by the plugin.
I have a cartoon section for example that I now have to put down in the slides-outro section
And I can't do a cinema-advertisment slides + after that the movie quiz/slides. (eg 2 slide sections with different content)
With a non-specified setup it'd be much more flexible, plus it's a lot easier to maintain I recon. You'd just need a video folder player, a slides folder player and a queued feature player. Each of which the users can add as many as they like in a list. You'd only need to specify intermissions seperately then because they're not always in the flow, depending on how many movies you queue.
It's not a complaint, just a thought.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to run Cinema Experience Trivia0