• 2(current)
Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions
I really like this a lot, do you think I could get the code to use the same system to make a page elsewhere for unofficial addons?
(2013-11-20, 15:28)Eleazar Coding Wrote: I really like this a lot, do you think I could get the code to use the same system to make a page elsewhere for unofficial addons?

We would rather have as much addons as possible in official repo than all those scattered other repos. So imo you should focus on getting devs convinced into submitting it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It was more in regards to addons such as international addons and perhaps ones of more questionable type content or resolvers that wouldn't be welcome intot he official repository. It's not for repository purposes, it's more just to compile an addon database similar to what SuperRepo has going on their web site, but without the repository or addon itself, and linking to the direct source, not hosting it.
International addons are welcome to our repo as well.
Any questionable addon should not be mentioned on our wiki either Wink
In short I doubt any one of id would be happy if the addon browser code would be abused for those questionable addons.
Also the frontend actually relies on a repo file.
I think our main aim is to bring many more add-ons into the official repository, including international ones.

I'll be adding language flag icons at some point and filtering options Wink
Cool sounds good, keep in mind that a lot of the international addons use questionable code to access their content, that was what I was getting at.
Thanks for working on this, it is very cool!

I notice that the add-on categories seem to be sorted by plugin.type then script. I think, instead, they should be sorted by the add-on's addon.xml <provides> element. This would make it the same as when using XBMC and more user friendly.
Good work , thanks !

Just a little thing missing I think : RSS feed for new and update addons and it will be perfect ! Smile
(2013-11-23, 19:37)celedhrim Wrote: Good work , thanks !

Just a little thing missing I think : RSS feed for new and update addons and it will be perfect ! Smile

http://addons.xbmc.org/rss.php?mode=newest
http://addons.xbmc.org/rss.php?mode=updated

Big Grin
(2013-11-23, 16:03)divingmule Wrote: Thanks for working on this, it is very cool!

I notice that the add-on categories seem to be sorted by plugin.type then script. I think, instead, they should be sorted by the add-on's addon.xml <provides> element. This would make it the same as when using XBMC and more user friendly.

Yep this is planned very soon. I'd like to get it using the same categories as you browse inside XBMC.
Hou yeah !! thks a lot ! Smile

(2013-11-23, 20:14)zag Wrote:
(2013-11-23, 19:37)celedhrim Wrote: Good work , thanks !

http://addons.xbmc.org/rss.php?mode=newest
http://addons.xbmc.org/rss.php?mode=updated

Big Grin
Looks great!

As you start thinking about enhancements, I have a suggestion for plugins with multiple authors. It would be nice if each author's nickname was a separate link. I see that the author link is meant to show you everything by that author, but in my case if you look at Artist Slideshow and click on the link, you see only the one addon for which ronie and I are co-authors. You don't see anything else I've written nor anything else ronie has.

Not a big thing, but it would be nice to change it.
(2013-11-23, 20:54)pkscuot Wrote: Looks great!

As you start thinking about enhancements, I have a suggestion for plugins with multiple authors. It would be nice if each author's nickname was a separate link. I see that the author link is meant to show you everything by that author, but in my case if you look at Artist Slideshow and click on the link, you see only the one addon for which ronie and I are co-authors. You don't see anything else I've written nor anything else ronie has.

Not a big thing, but it would be nice to change it.

should already be like that (i think) but it depends on the actual information from the addons which need to be updated for that
Yes that feature already works but it depends on the provider-name in the addons.xml

I'd recommend you update all your add-ons with your forum name.
(2013-11-21, 00:49)zag Wrote: I think our main aim is to bring many more add-ons into the official repository, including international ones.

I'll be adding language flag icons at some point and filtering options Wink

I believe both geographical and language filtering (content base of course) would be useful and would help limit the clutter.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171371
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions4