XBMC not scraping a few custom shows
Ok, I have a dedicated HTPC.
I am using the videoextras addon.
However before I started using this addon I had tons of extras for a few tv shows that I ripped. Specifically The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad.
So many extras that I just created there own shows for them titled The Simpsons Extras and so fourth. Split them up in seasons just like a regular tv show. Created the nfo and artwork with Ember Media Manager just like I do with everything else.

These all worked fine but before I started using the videoextras addon a week or so ago I did a clean install. Now XBMC will not recognize these folders when it scans. I also did a similar thing with Lord of the Rings. I made a separate movie titled Lord of the Rings Extras and also created an 'extras' sub folder... it does not scan these files either.

Now then... I have also done a clean install on another pc on my network. Using the same files on the HTPC it scans everything into the library/
So this means the nfo's and files and folder structure are fine.

Can't figure out why it will not pick these up on my HTPC
I have linked the log files from both pc's.

On the one that works I did a fresh scan of the tv folder and it picks them all up.
On the HTPC that is not working I already had the tv shows in the database and had it scan for new content. I even tried add a single folder of one the extra tv shows and that did not work. I can view and watch these files from the file manager but they wont add to the library.

working

Not Working
BUMP

No love here.... I thought this would be an easy fix for the XBMC guru's :-)
When you set up videoextras, did you add the excludes to your advancedsettings.xml file? If so, your custom shows are likely being skipped because the excludes are telling XBMC not to add anything matching the pattern to the library.

Try changing the title of one of them, maybe "Bonus Content" instead of extras and see if it gets added.
Jarvis + Mediaportal, Phenomenal skin
Yeah, I actually did that with one of the titles.... almost exactly as you mentioned. I changed to 'Bonus' instead of extras.
What's really confusing is why is working on one computer and not the other. Both have the videoextras addon enabled.

Getting ready to leave for work right now but when I get back I'll try disabling videoextras and trying the scan again.
Well, I tried disabling videoextras and that didn't help.

Any other thoughts?
Don't know what else to do. My next step will be to either delete the whole library and the videoextras addon or a complete reinstall again. But scan the library before I install the videoextras addon.
Well, there's a couple things here. Videoextras is intended to handle Extras inside an extras subfolder. The reason for the excludes is because that allows the addon to handle extras while keeping the library from adding them as regular library items, but that is also affecting your custom items. That info, if setup properly, is in advancedsettings.xml and wouldn't be affected by disabling the addon The question is, what result do you want?

1) Videoextras handle all extras?
or
2) Have your custom extras items in your library, in addition to videoextras handling other extras?

You're going to have to change some stuff, but what you need to change depends on what result you want. I'm guessing the reason it's only that way on one computer is because the other one didn't get the excludes added to the advancedsettings.xml.
I think you may be misunderstanding one thing.

The custom shows 'American Dad Extras' 'Family Guy Extras' and 'Simpsons Extras' are not in sub folders of the original show but in there own folder named as such. Each has there own nfo and artwork. Each has season folders just a like a regular tv show. I have made custom nfo's for every extra as well as screen captures for the artwork.
So none of these should be getting passed over in the extras scan.

The computer that is adding the extras tv shows to the library has the advancedsettings xml.... exact same file....

The end result I want is the 3 tv extra shows to come up as their own show... especially after I went through all the effort of making all the nfos and artwork.
No, I understood that part, but I think what threw me off was you said you tried changing the name, and I assumed the result - you didn't actually say if it worked (was added to the library) or not. I assumed that it did work, and therefor placed the blame on the excludes. I am not great with regex so I don't know if the expression only works on subfolders. If it doesn't, then that would be the issue. BUT the fact that the as.xml is identical on both throws me off. If the excludes are the problem, it should act the same way on both computers. So that has me stumped.
Ok, sorry, I made a mistake. I did not have the exact same advanced settings xml files.

Here is the one I have on the PC that everything is working on
<advancedsettings>

<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>-extras-</regexp>
<regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>

</advancedsettings>

Here is what I had on the HTPC giving me troubles

<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>Extras</regexp>
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>extras</regexp>
<regexp>-trailer</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan>
<regexp>Extras</regexp>
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>extras</regexp>
<regexp>-trailer</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</video>

So, I changed the HTPC to match my main PC.
Now it scans my extra tv shows. Short victory.... unfortunately now that it is getting that right it is now scanning the extras folders in my movies and creating individual files for them in the library!!
So one problem solved and a new one created....
I think the regexp in the first one is still incorrect.

This is what I have:

Code:
<excludefromscan>
   </excludefromscan>
   <excludetvshowsfromscan>
I tried your settings. Swing and a miss.... this is getting very frustrating!!!
Well, shoot. Sorry. Sad Since the "long version" of the excludes you posted up there came out of the videoextras forum thread, I'd head back there and just say, "okay, which of these items *only* filters Extras subfolders?"

I was all prepared to say that the code I posted was working for me, but now I'm not so sure. Turns out, since I stopped working on videoextras when I realized the limitations of using it in my favored skin, I apparently never got around to un-hiding the extras folders to test the excludes. But the code I'm using came right from the videoextras wiki page, so if that's not right, then...?
Yeah, when I first found this addon a couple weeks ago I was trying to use the code from the wiki. I found the other ones reading through the videoextras thread. I need a little break from this for the night... maybe browse through the thread again and see what I can find.
I appreciate the help Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not scraping a few custom shows0