Rooster Teeth
Works great for me, thanks again.
Btw, skipmode, if you don't already have a sponsorship, id be happy to get you one.
Thanks for the offer nate Smile. I don't need one just right now, but i'll keep it in mind!
Hey, @SkipmodeA1, got a new problem. It might actually be a really old problem. I haven't tried watching sponsor stuff in Kodi pretty much ever, but today it occurred to me to give it a try. So I logged in, gave it a go, and was immediately told there was an error. Here's the debug log. http://xbmclogs.com/ptf9jvpmq
I suspect I have a similar problem to @natethomas.
I have version 0.1.1 running on both a Windows PC and a Raspberry Pi 2 (OpenELEC).
On Windows, everything works great - sponsor videos, everything.
On the Pi, the sponsor videos always fail.
I think i may have found the problem. I made a testversion: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0znomd...rsion1.zip

@Nate/Arctic: please try if this version works better...
Can confirm problem solved on my RPi.
Thank you very much for the speedy response!
While I'm aware of the inherent limitations password storage in python, especially while trying to maintain cross-platform compatibility, I feel it necessary to point out that this addon stores passwords in plain-text.
I would highly suggest either coding Python keyring integration directly into the addon or setting something like http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=185631 as a required plugin in order to secure credential storage.
I am willing to contribute to the development of this addon with regards to implementing some basic security, and plan to submit a pull request once I figure out a working solution and test across the platforms I have available.
Can confirm, sponsor stuff is now working on Android (with Alpha2) and iOS (with 14.2). Looks like you should be good to push, Skipmode, unless you decide to follow JBu92's suggestion of working with @ruuk to add security to the password storage.
I'm gonna try and add the password storage stuff.
It seems like Rooster Teeth have started marking more and more videos as "Sponsor Early Screening". These videos fail to play in Kodi until they're released to the public later.
Regular "forever" sponsor videos still work fine, it's just these new timed exclusives that don't.
Hey guys, does anyone know if we can watch live sponsor broadcasts through something like this?
(2015-04-29, 14:10)ArcticCascade Wrote: It seems like Rooster Teeth have started marking more and more videos as "Sponsor Early Screening". These videos fail to play in Kodi until they're released to the public later.
Regular "forever" sponsor videos still work fine, it's just these new timed exclusives that don't.

Yup, ive been having that issue since i became a sponsor like a week ago. It's particularly annoying because the video player on their website has black bars for me so i only really watch through kodi.
I will look at it.
I cannot find the link to the video file in any of those 'sponsor early' webpages. Maybe i'm missing something, but as it is now, i won't be able to implement those 'sponsor early' vids in the add-on...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rooster Teeth1