Rooster Teeth
OBSOLETE
Please go to http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=235071 for continued support.

With this add-on you can watch comedy and gaming shows from Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunter, including the popular "Red vs Blue" series.

Current release version 0.0.4
- bug fixes
- added podcasts
- added 'Latest' episodes directory
- added the option 'Ask' in the add-on settings, this lets the user choose from the available streams
- bump python api for gotham

Available from the XBMC.org repository.

Testing release 0.0.5
- beta/testing release
- added initial support for sponsor only videos
- added more media information where available
- set content to tv shows/episodes, enabling more view modes
- added setting 'Default view mode for episodes'

If you're a sponsor or not, and would like to help, please test this version and report any issues.

To do:
- add live podcast stream

Any feedback, feature request welcome.

Thanks to natethomas for inspiration for this add-on - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134588
+1
+1
i dont know if its me or if anyone else is having problems but when i try to use the plugin now i get a script error. ive tried uninstalling it then reinstalling but nothing works any suggestions?
(2014-03-09, 01:42)motel6man Wrote: i dont know if its me or if anyone else is having problems but when i try to use the plugin now i get a script error. ive tried uninstalling it then reinstalling but nothing works any suggestions?

I've been getting the same script error for the past week or three. Can someone please suggest a fix?
I made a temporary fix tonight.

The HTML parser used by the add-on has trouble recognizing closing tags. It mistakenly thinks some code in a script on the page is a </script> tag.

To fix the issue, you'll need to find the add-on on your local drive. In Windows 7 it's in "\users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.roosterteeth". I'm not sure where it is on other systems, but you can probably find it by searching for plugin.video.roosterteeth.

In that directory is a file named "default.py". At line 80 you'll find:

if data.startswith('http'):
data = make_request(data)
return BeautifulSoup(data, 'html.parser')

We need to insert one extra line to massage the data before it goes to the HTML parser:

if data.startswith('http'):
data = make_request(data)
data = re.sub(r'</scri["\']', '', data)
return BeautifulSoup(data, 'html.parser')

In python, indenting is very important. The extra line needs to be indented identically to the "if" and "return" lines. You have to use spaces, not tabs.

The fix isn't tremendously robust, but it fixes a common issue in BeautifulSoup, the HTML parser.
(2014-03-27, 06:56)Frenzy Wrote: I made a temporary fix tonight.

That fixed it! Thanks a lot Frenzy.
Any news on the sponsor only videos ?
I cant get it working
(2014-04-03, 14:53)AikenDrum Wrote: Any news on the sponsor only videos ?
I cant get it working

This works for me, but I find I have to delete my cookie file quite often or it thinks I'm not logged in or something.
Looks like divingmule has been on hiatus for a bit. I wonder if any other addon devs would be interested in pushing in the fixes to get this rolling without manual editing again.
I'll try and add Frenzy's the patch so it at least works again. I don't know if i can fix that sponsor only stuff tho.
Thanks halkeye
Deleting cookie_file in /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.roosterteeth worked, sponsor videos play now.

Just out of interest, how often do you have to delete your file? I have to delete mine every time I want to watch a sponsor video.
Version 0.0.7
Because divingmule seems off the grid for a bit, i've patched this version and put it in my repo.
I'll push it to the xbmc repo, so it will automaticly update for everybody.
Thanks to Frenzy for the patch.
Looking at cookie_file the last line appears to be the problem

Code:
Set-Cookie3: rtusername=SPONSORNAME; path="/"; domain=".roosterteeth.com"; path_spec; domain_dot; expires="2017-07-04 21:20:28Z"; version=0

delete that line after watching a video.
editing the check_login in /addons/plugin.video.roosterteeth/default.py
Code:
def check_login():
    logged_in = False
    cookies = {}
    cookie_jar.load(cookie_file, ignore_discard=False, ignore_expires=False)
    for i in cookie_jar:
        cookies[i.name] = i.value
    if cookies.has_key('rtusername') and cookies['rtusername'] == addon.getSetting('username'):
        logged_in = True
        addon_log('Already logged in')
    return logged_in

to

Code:
def check_login():
    logged_in = False
    cookies = {}
    cookie_jar.load(cookie_file, ignore_discard=False, ignore_expires=False)
    for i in cookie_jar:
        cookies[i.name] = i.value
    if cookies.has_key('rtusername') and cookies['rtusername'] == addon.getSetting('username'):
        logged_in = False
        addon_log('Already logged in')
    return logged_in

has fixed it for me, I no longer have to delete the cookie file to watch a video

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rooster Teeth1