Symptoms of bad aerial signal?
I have been getting strange things happening with recorded shows lately. The show might read as 17 hours or so long, and the play bar reflects this. All is well for say 40 mins, then picture begins to break up and make those squiting sounds that digital does. Length of recording changes, and so does the current time played in the recording. Eventually the whole thing grinds to halt - or if trying to skip an add you timewarp to somewhere much later.
I don't have any signal problem when just watching on the tv via its own tuner though. And previously I have used a signal checking program that revealed nothing of interest on the pc in question. All else I can do is put my osciloscope on the aerial one time.
Has anyone else experienced these symptoms and am I correct in suspecting signal? Ot could it be codecs etc?
It was all working swimingly for a while, too Sad
What is your PVR backend, and what file format is it saving in? I've seen this sort of thing with wtv files. Not exactly as you describe, but issues with incorrect duration being reported and playback going nuts because of it.
Jarvis + Mediaportal, Phenomenal skin
I'm using next pvr - the latest version.
I'm not sure what it saves the files as - or if the settings I gave it make any difference to that. Mousing over a file, it comes up with .ts
Settings,
Video render: EVR
Audio render: Default
Music Render: Directsound Realtek
MPEG2 video: Nvidia Video Decoder
H264 video: ffdshow
All audio decoders set to ffd show.

I had to download a codec pack to get it working, and experiment - other settings just plain don't work. The nvidia decoder I had a copy of knocking around.

It is also ticked where it says only use mapped udio decoders during playback.

I guess if you think its the back end I should post up on the npvr forum?

Thanks,
Yeah, I would post in the npvr forum, definitely. Smile
Well I headed over to npvr forum, long story short it seems that the crystal palace transmitter is operating at low power right now, for maintenance... so looks like that could be it. I had to speak to at800 and freeview. Wouldn't it be nice if they let you know these things?
Yes, it would be nice. We have one "indie" here that likes to do things to his channels without any warning or notice. They have numerous subs - I think it's up to 7 channels now. Recently he had problems with one, and he just went and swapped his broadcasts around (which I'm pretty sure he's not allowed to do). I, and many others, DVR certain shows on those subs because two of them are popular affiliate channels - RetroTV and Cozi. If it wasn't for the local HDTV thread over on AVS forums, I wouldn't have known what the heck was going on.

We've got some diehard OTA enthusiasts in this market, though. When our local MeTV affiliate went down after a storm, we swamped the MeTV facebook page, communicating updates. Someone tracked down the station manager and was feeding us information.

In both cases, it was a matter of viewers having to track down people for information, they never tell us anything unless we hunt them down.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Symptoms of bad aerial signal?0