Every 10-20 secs microstutter
Greetings,

I installed xbmc three days ago and i`m very exited about this program. But one thing is a little bit annoying: I experience some microstutter when i watch movies. You barely can see it, but every 10-20 seconds the video stutters a little bit while there is no stutter at all with the audio.

I installed xbmc on my pc with windows 7 64bit, my audio/video output is via a gtx 770 hdmi to a Pioneer VSX-920 av-receiver to a Phillips LED TV.

In debugging mode the framerate is stable at 24fps but if i go to the System --> systeminfo --> graphics screen i can see the resolution (1920x1680@60Hz) fullscreen an the framerate there is fluctuating between 60fps and 40fps.

Any idea what the problem is?

Thx for the help and sorry for the (maybe) bad english. Smile
i don`t know what i have changed but debugging mode and system infos shows 100fps now... !? microstutter still there, i think in some movies more than others.
It might just be you're noticing the pulldown happening when converting from 24 fps material to 60 (since your display is set at 60 Hz). You could try going into settings and enabling the adjust display refresh to match video.

Be careful with your source video. You might run into problems with your receiver or TV not being able to play back specific frame rates. For example, my receiver can do 25 Hz, but my TV cannot.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
(2013-11-14, 05:51)Jogee Wrote: It might just be you're noticing the pulldown happening when converting from 24 fps material to 60 (since your display is set at 60 Hz). You could try going into settings and enabling the adjust display refresh to match video.

Be careful with your source video. You might run into problems with your receiver or TV not being able to play back specific frame rates. For example, my receiver can do 25 Hz, but my TV cannot.

i have tried that, do difference Sad

what i don`t understand is, regardless if the program is displayed on the pc screen (120hz) or the TV (60Hz) the debugging and the systeminfo shows it @ 100hz (but the stutter certainly occurs on the TV). either way there is still this noticeable microstutter...
is it possible that my external hd causes this? my movies are stored there (most of the movies are 1080p but not larger than 3gb) and its connected with usb with my pc.

EDIT: nope, i`ve copied a movie on my pc, stuttering still there.
If your screen can't do 24Hz you will always experience pulldown microstutter.
I have a Philips 42PFL6907K/12, i think this tv can do it.

Product data says video entrance formats are: 1080/24p, 1080/50p, 1080/60p, 1080/30p, 1080/25p
how about posting a debug log?
How long do i have to log?
MY logs:

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=84705
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=84706
The stutter is still there even without the Pioneer AVR between the PC and the TV.
Is it possible that my wrong graphicscard freq causes this?

i changed it from 60hz to 24hz and the stutter is at least nearly gone.

EDIT: nope i have been wrong, stutter is still there. you can see it best at the credits of a movie, when there is one continuous movement.
seems you are running multihead, not sure if this is a problem on windows or not. The log says your screen #2 has a proper 1080p@23,98hz mode. Can you try with only this display and "adjust refresh rate to match video"?
I have tried that now, the stutter more frequent but not so long, but there is still the stutter Sad
The PC Monitor freq is now 120hz, wihle the avr output is set to 24hz. With this the stutter is minimized, but still there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Every 10-20 secs microstutter0