Offline Media Stub Files (Feature Request)
(2019-12-04, 10:53)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2019-12-04, 08:07)totopsgr Wrote:
(2019-11-25, 21:06)Karellen Wrote: https://kodi.wiki/view/Media_stubs

Hi, thanks for the response. The question was regarding the use of media stubs without having an optical drive, for example when you use Nvdia shield to run kodi. Is there anything I can modify so the message in the stub is displayed in such a case?

If you read the wiki entry then you would know stub files can display any user defined message. If that doesn't cover what you want to know then be more explicit in what you are asking.

Hi @jjd-uk!

I just tested it under Kodi 18.5 on a device without an optical drive (FireTV Stick 4K).
It's still not working as described by you / as designed, even if the .disc-files are OK with the XML structure and content.
Not the message text from the .disc-file is shown whend trying to playback it, but only a message about a missing optical drive.
Yes I hadn't realised at the time that Media Stubs would only work on a device with a optical drive (as the wiki didn't say anything about this), this has now been changed in the development build for v19 so Media Stubs are shown whether there is an optical drive or not.
Hi,
thanks for this update. I can really confirm, that it's finally working in the v19 (tested on the last nightly build), but unfortunately, 9x% of my addons are not working with this, yet, and it's still alpha stadium, so is there any chance to get a fix for the 18.x version too?!
(2020-08-06, 14:20)Kuki77 Wrote: so is there any chance to get a fix for the 18.x version too?!
Unfortunately not. All development for v18 ended when v18.8 was released.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Offline Media Stub Files (Feature Request)2