Offline Media Stub Files (Feature Request)
@helta
But there are still cineast with a big DVD/BD collection, who would like to use Kodi as their movie collection center, for movies from HDD/NAS, but also for the disk collection.
Still no news here? Sad
push

@developers
Please remove the "if (g_mediaManager.HasOpticalDrive()) " in Application.cpp ...!
Just tried the latest version and still can't believe an optical drive is mandatory just to open a stub file to display what number disk I need to put in my standalong dvd/blu-ray player.

I have several hundred disks I want to include in my kodi library and have the benefit of all the library features but have it tell me the disk number via the custom stub message when I click on the movie.

Is it really that hard to remove the restriction to have an optical drive attached? Can't we just have an option in the system settings to tick whether a drive is attached or you are using a separate player for optical disks?
what about creating a PR when you guys know exactly what needs to be changed? That's how opensource works.
(2016-12-08, 14:22)da-anda Wrote: what about creating a PR when you guys know exactly what needs to be changed? That's how opensource works.

What's a "PR" and where does one 'create' it?

I guess you are assuming everyone in these forums is a technical user and familiar with acronyms? I found myself here purely by researching, through google, this issue with Kodi that is preventing me using it for half my collection. This was one of the many places where others were looking for a solution to the same issue so I posted here.

What I did find though was that removing this restriction has been asked about for years. I have ended up having to plug a usb cd drive in, which just seems a bit silly.
"PR" seems to be a patch request in github.

There are > 500 active contributors. It's a pitty that noone want's th do this small change.

@da-anda
I have no C or C++ programming experience at all. i.e. I even couldn't test the change and just doing it in the text editor of github in an own fork and requesting than a PR is too risky, in my eyes.
well, somebody has to be willing to make the change. Even if you can't test, if there is a PR (pull request) on github, it would be easy for us to provide a test build from there (I could trigger one f.e.). Also, the change doesn't seem to be intrusive, so devs can likely tell by reading the code if it's correct or not. Just give it a try and be proud of yourself Smile Thanks.
Created a PR: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11317
It's my first one on kodi-master so ... Angel
thanks for contributing. Will have a look at it later.
(2016-12-30, 23:29)Woerd88 Wrote: Created a PR: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11317
It's my first one on kodi-master so ... Angel
Thanks for taking a minute to submit the change[emoji106]

It's one week and no developer has still taken a look to it... [emoji27]

And I also think that it's basic to be able to build a temporary internal executable to test the change without having to build a whole nightly, which is public. I hope it's so.

We'll be looking for news. Thanks!
which platform do you need a test build for? I can trigger a public one (except for RPI and Linux).
(2017-01-06, 14:32)da-anda Wrote: which platform do you need a test build for? I can trigger a public one (except for RPI and Linux).
For me, a windows one would be perfect!
from a quick look though, I think the change is not entirely correct, but we'll see.
@dml3334 have a look for a file containing "Woerd88-patch-2-af8297b" on http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32/ in like 1h

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Offline Media Stub Files (Feature Request)2