Offline Media Stub Files (Feature Request)
ahhh, fantastic. Exactly what I needed! Thanks everyone.
Hi.

I made the changes proposed by @da-anda.

In case, there is no DVD drive, the following dialog appears:

The first "3:10 to Yuma (2007)" corresponds to the <title> section of the .disc stub file, and the "DVD #778" is the <message> section.

What do you think? Any more suggestions?

Regards.
what's the message if it's an empty stub file? It might be good to change the last paragraph to "Please check your offline library for it." in this case (or something like that) or just omit it?
(2017-02-09, 10:38)da-anda Wrote: what's the message if it's an empty stub file? It might be good to change the last paragraph to "Please check your offline library for it." in this case (or something like that) or just omit it?
How about: "Please check your offline library." and the last line with the <message> section?

Thus, the idea is given anyway and the <message> part is an addition/clarification given by the user, who is the one who has written the specific instructions to get what he needs...

What do you think?
would work for me
The changes mentioned by dml3334 sound really GREAT, since it would make my kodi really family compliant. I'm using krypton 8.1 on libreelec (raspberry), which is newer than the last post on this forum, but it is not there. How do I get this stuff?
Hi.

Sorry, when I commited the changes, developers didn't approve them at first. After some discussions, we all agreed where to place them. I have been very busy since then, but I hope to do it soon. Most probably, it will go in Kodi 8 Leia.

Regards.

Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk
Sounds good. A thousand thanks to everybody involved in this
So glad this has been worked on. Have been waiting for years for this change! Thanks to all involved!!
I am very interested in this feature. Would it also work with stub files on external harddisks? I have a collection of offline harddisks in addition to a NAS. I can plug those harddisk in a device and connect this to my NVIDIA Shield TV, to make it accessible. When I use media stubs I get stuck with a pop-up window asking me to insert the proper disc. However there is no optical drive. There is currently no way tot use the stubs in a way to enable to use a movie on an external harddrive. I would very much apprciate if this would become possible in the near future
Did this actually got implemented? how do i use it?
(2019-11-25, 20:43)totopsgr Wrote: Did this actually got implemented? how do i use it?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Media_stubs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-25, 21:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-11-25, 20:43)totopsgr Wrote: Did this actually got implemented? how do i use it?

Hi, thanks for the response. The question was regarding the use of media stubs without having an optical drive, for example when you use Nvdia shield to run kodi. Is there anything I can modify so the message in the stub is displayed in such a case?
(2019-12-04, 08:07)totopsgr Wrote: The question was regarding the use of media stubs without having an optical drive
Why would it make a difference? Have you tried? If yes, then what happens?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-04, 08:07)totopsgr Wrote:
(2019-11-25, 21:06)Karellen Wrote:

Hi, thanks for the response. The question was regarding the use of media stubs without having an optical drive, for example when you use Nvdia shield to run kodi. Is there anything I can modify so the message in the stub is displayed in such a case?

If you read the wiki entry then you would know stub files can display any user defined message. If that doesn't cover what you want to know then be more explicit in what you are asking.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Offline Media Stub Files (Feature Request)2