PSA: The forum server will be physically migrated to a new datacenter. Expect a large downtime of the forum between the 27th and the 29th of September.

Offline Media Stub Files (Feature Request)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
dubster Offline
ahhh, fantastic. Exactly what I needed! Thanks everyone.
find quote
dml3334 Offline
Hi.

I made the changes proposed by @da-anda.

In case, there is no DVD drive, the following dialog appears:

[Image: h7djeqL.jpg]

The first "3:10 to Yuma (2007)" corresponds to the <title> section of the .disc stub file, and the "DVD #778" is the <message> section.

What do you think? Any more suggestions?

Regards.
find quote
da-anda Offline
Team-Kodi Member
what's the message if it's an empty stub file? It might be good to change the last paragraph to "Please check your offline library for it." in this case (or something like that) or just omit it?
find quote
dml3334 Offline
(2017-02-09 10:38)da-anda Wrote:  what's the message if it's an empty stub file? It might be good to change the last paragraph to "Please check your offline library for it." in this case (or something like that) or just omit it?
How about: "Please check your offline library." and the last line with the <message> section?

Thus, the idea is given anyway and the <message> part is an addition/clarification given by the user, who is the one who has written the specific instructions to get what he needs...

What do you think?
find quote
da-anda Offline
Team-Kodi Member
would work for me
find quote
pmus Offline
The changes mentioned by dml3334 sound really GREAT, since it would make my kodi really family compliant. I'm using krypton 8.1 on libreelec (raspberry), which is newer than the last post on this forum, but it is not there. How do I get this stuff?
find quote
dml3334 Offline
Hi.

Sorry, when I commited the changes, developers didn't approve them at first. After some discussions, we all agreed where to place them. I have been very busy since then, but I hope to do it soon. Most probably, it will go in Kodi 8 Leia.

Regards.

Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk
find quote
pmus Offline
Sounds good. A thousand thanks to everybody involved in this
find quote
btiltman Offline
So glad this has been worked on. Have been waiting for years for this change! Thanks to all involved!!
find quote
KindofWesy Offline
I am very interested in this feature. Would it also work with stub files on external harddisks? I have a collection of offline harddisks in addition to a NAS. I can plug those harddisk in a device and connect this to my NVIDIA Shield TV, to make it accessible. When I use media stubs I get stuck with a pop-up window asking me to insert the proper disc. However there is no optical drive. There is currently no way tot use the stubs in a way to enable to use a movie on an external harddrive. I would very much apprciate if this would become possible in the near future
find quote