Linux nVidia/ATi/Intel - what works great on linux ?
My second Zotac ZBOX just died, I was very happy with it, except for the BOB deinterlace on Intel HD4000.

So I'm om searching for a new small low-noise pc, and I'm wondering if it's safe to buy ATi and nVIDIA.

They need to have good dual monitor option and it would be nice with something better than the BOB de-interlace I get on Intel.
check out the progress done with the AMD GPU's. they use Temporal / Spatial deinterlacing.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854

just watch out for the APU's, they have a bug at the moment that is creating artifacts on the XBMC GUI.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
nVidia on my ZBOX is pretty strong.
Don't buy AMD GPUs for use with linux, their drivers are garbage. I know amds oss drivers have come along way recently but nvidia is still top dog on linux, with AMD at the bottom (and its been like this for years).
(2013-11-14, 21:46)teeedubb Wrote: Don't buy AMD GPUs for use with linux, their drivers are garbage. I know amds oss drivers have come along way recently but nvidia is still top dog on linux, with AMD at the bottom (and its been like this for years).

What he said +++
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for input guys, can't seem to find a small box that suit my needs (zbox ID90 was perfect, but my second one stopped working now, first one after days, last one lasted weeks), so I guess I will build one myself based on haswell, and have the option to put in another gpu if intel don't provide better de-interlace soon.
Zbox have a box with nvidia 610 built in. But sounds like you don't want another one.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nvidia rules. Amd drooles and intel might dven work properly someday..... ya sorry no rhymes.
Uni not a rapper.
(2013-11-14, 23:30)nickr Wrote: Zbox have a box with nvidia 610 built in. But sounds like you don't want another one.

I'm done with zbox for time beeing, I read online others have had same issue as I had with different zbox versions, I will ask for money back. I will build my own system now, already ordered - it's same price and better hardware, but much bigger case Sad
I've only used a zotac product once (ion motherboard) and that was a bit flakey with detecting more than 4gb of ram and always ran hot (~60'). Mobo works well to this day but its enough to steer me away from their products.
that's one plus i can say about the AMD.

mine runs a coool... 34 - 39' F.

only a matter of time before the drivers catch up to the hardware. Smile

i'm patient. Videos play crisp and clean! just dealing with the artifacts.
(2013-11-15, 04:18)locomot1f Wrote: that's one plus i can say about the AMD.

mine runs a coool... 34 - 39' F.

only a matter of time before the drivers catch up to the hardware. Smile

i'm patient. Videos play crisp and clean! just dealing with the artifacts.
Never ever buy tech products (hardware or software) on the promise of a feature that is just around the corner. Doubly so when the vendor has a reputation of not delivering (yes you ATi/AMD).
@ nickr -- touché!!!

LOL!!!
Ran into a little bit of an issue with HD4600

It only detect 1 of my output, DVI is working, all else is reported as disconnected Sad

Seems it might be a driver issue, intel website was not of much help searching for newer drivers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia/ATi/Intel - what works great on linux ?0