Getting Channel Groups to work on EPG grid screen
Anyone have any idea how to get groups working on the epg grid screen? I've had numerous attempts and all failed.

I'm guessing its hardcoded, is anyone able to confirm this? Though I haven't seen any other skin utilising this so I can only assume so at this moment In time.

As it stands you can only seem to get it working on the tv channels screen. When trying to build that as mu epg screen to then see if I could get groups implemented, my epg grid would not show on that screen.

Lastly does anyone have any idea how to make the epg grid show ALL tv channels whether you have epg data for that channel or not. As it stands atm you can only see channels in the epg grid if they contain epg data.

Any info on these would be great.
Thanks.
Some more information about exactly what you're attempting would be useful. i.e. where are you placing these groups? Example XML?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok ill try and be more specific.

Ive modified the epg timeline screen from MQ5 like so:

I want to add groups to this screen like this:

But one im unsure of the correct data to use. ( I found something with groups in the tagline which I thought was it but it doesn't work). I don't know all the technical names for everything so you will have to try and bare with me.

As it stands you can only select groups by pressing the TV Channels button? But I want to be able to select them on the epg timeline screen as shown. Even if someone can help point me in the right direction that would be helpful.
Though ive not seen anyone do this and ive not been able to either hence why im not sure if its a hardcoded xbmc thing, which if it is then theirs no point me wasting time trying to get it to work.

Does that make any more sense? If you want pictures of the screens im talking about then let me know. But in confluence the first screen you can select from top to bottom is the tv channels screen, a couple down is the epg timeline screen - that's the screen I want to be able to change the groups on, not just on the tv channels screen.

Also see here for the other epg screen I modified with a discussion on the groups thing :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174423

EDIT**
See here for a better explanation and a small discussion on the same subject. Much better explained than ive done but still no outcome or definitive answer Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=148265&page=22

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting Channel Groups to work on EPG grid screen1