no subtitle service installed
Hi all,

I have a problem with the last git version 20131115 (compiled today but problem can be older), I can't download subtitles anymore.
Xbmc says "no subtitle service installed", I tried to check to OSD assignation in theme configuration but line is not here. I looked after the extension in repo but unable to find her.

Is the subtitle downloader erased on XBMC ?

Thank you !
search? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177297
Sorry,

didn't find it, I searched via the search tool on top of page.

Thank
I'm sorry amet, why do you say it's off topic?

in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178120 you told the guy to come here and he had the same problem as me: "I have a problem with the last git version 20131115 (compiled today but problem can be older), I can't download subtitles anymore.
Xbmc says "no subtitle service installed""

because when i use the convenience theme, i have the same thing but i don't understand what to do.
(2013-11-17, 22:09)fiatt Wrote: I'm sorry amet, why do you say it's off topic?

in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178120 you told the guy to come here and he had the same problem as me: "I have a problem with the last git version 20131115 (compiled today but problem can be older), I can't download subtitles anymore.

because when i use the convenience theme, i have the same thing but i don't understand what to do.

perhaps you should go to add-ons and install one. also you never mentioned what skin you used and beside we have no "convenience" skin. it's Confluence
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
thanks Martijn.

I wrote quickly, sorry for that,i used the confluence skin just for the test, the one i use every day is aeon nox.

The downloader subtitle add-on was working fine since few days. I didn't touch anything, just updated xbmc. When i go on system, add-on, and install add-on, i got only one under "subtitle": it's the opensubtitle add-on.
And i say again it was working fine since some days.
(2013-11-17, 22:56)fiatt Wrote: thanks Martijn.

I wrote quickly, sorry for that,i used the confluence skin just for the test, the one i use every day is aeon nox.

The downloader subtitle add-on was working fine since few days. I didn't touch anything, just updated xbmc. When i go on system, add-on, and install add-on, i got only one under "subtitle": it's the opensubtitle add-on.
And i say again it was working fine since some days.

you are using alpha software. things change so you need to accept that. no skin will work any more until they are updated.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ok i understand, no problem for that. So it's not a "beug" of xbmc? if you can confirm it's normal, i'll stop looking for a solution and wait.
ok i understand now what's happening, thanks for your help.
Your "problem" is fully explained in the first post, I announced that this will happen and asked to keep this thread clean for service developers. Your posts are off topic for this thread but I guess there is no point in explaining this again.
(2013-11-17, 22:09)fiatt Wrote: I'm sorry amet, why do you say it's off topic?

You should have asked there then cos it seams to me that he understood perfectly what the issue is and didn't come here to spam.
English is not my first language so i don't understand all quickly.

Sorry if i disturbed you. I didn't mean to "spam" your thread, i was just looking for help. Now you can delete all my posts, to clean the thread.
no issues, as long as you are sorted now we are all happy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no subtitle service installed0