Linux Scan new music album to library, artist is listed as musicbrainz_artistid
I've got all of my music in flac format, and have used both EasyTag and Puddletag to correctly tag my music. I mostly use Morituri to rip the cds, which also adds the musicbrainz_albumartistid metadata to the flac file.

I'm having a problem with XBMC in that when any flac file with this data present is scanned to the library, XBMC lists the artist (in library mode) as the musicbrainzid.

For example, I recently added "Sia - Some People Have Real Problems" to the library, and when I go Music -> Artists and see what has been imported, the artist name is "2f548675-008d-4332-876c-108b0c7ab9c5", not "Sia". The complete metadata for an example track is
Code:
ALBUM=Some People Have Real Problems
MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID=2f548675-008d-4332-876c-108b0c7ab9c5
ARTIST=Sia
TITLE=Little Black Sandals
MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID=3dff9afa-7883-4030-9055-353e16135ee8
DATE=2008
MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTISTID=2f548675-008d-4332-876c-108b0c7ab9c5
GENRE=Pop
TRACKNUMBER=1
MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID=a87d0a81-f023-4878-a82c-25690bef9918
ALBUMARTIST=Sia
TRACKTOTAL=14
An easy solution was to remove that musicbrainz_artistid tag, but this seems like there may be a better way. What should I try next?
Are you scanning with online lookups enabled? If not, that might be the problem (silly, yes, but it might be a solution?)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Initially I wasn't, so I'll try that. How can I easily remove this artist from the library? Do I need to remove the flac files, clean the library and then replace the flac files and rescan? I can't see a "remove from library" feature like there is for Movies and TV Series.
You should be able to do a lookup on that artist I think via Artist Information? No idea what it'll do Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

If I select one of these artists and choose "Artst Information" then I=it comes up with the musicbranz id. But if I then refresh the information, then it gives the correct name in the "information" section but still the musicbrainz id in the list of all artists. Some screenshots for a clearer idea of what I mean.
http://imgur.com/a/ABLIe
However, if I remove the music files from my folder completely, clean the library, bring the music files back and update the library with the online lookups enabled, the information gets loaded correctly and is persistent.

But deleting the library database (~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyMusic37.db) and rescanning with online enabled still brought in all the crazy names!
Most strange. There's work being done on it at the moment that will hopefully fix these issues. To confirm, you can reproduce this easily using:

1. FLAC files containing music artist MBID.
2. Scanning from a fresh database with online lookups either enabled or disabled.

I think that seems right.

The process I followed last time was to originally scan my music with online lookups disabled. I then noticed these strange artist names. I removed "Sia" albums completely from my music folder and cleaned the library. Then I enabled online lookups, replaced the Sia albums and scanned them in and they scanned correctly. I then deleted the MyMusic37.db file and rescanned the whole music folder.

Is there anywhere else that artist/album information is stored in XBMC? Because when I deleted the database and rescanned my music folder into the library, the artist that I used as an example (Sia) actually scanned correctly, whereas the others with a musicbrainz id did not.
Nope - the music database is the only place that tag information is stored.

I should mention that I am using the following version of XBMC
xbmc-git 20131115.a14289b-1
Same as this one I think?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1552445

(2013-11-17, 12:33)farmerdave Wrote: I should mention that I am using the following version of XBMC
xbmc-git 20131115.a14289b-1

Your problem sounds related to mine. But in my case I was looking at mp3 files. In Gotham it's obviously changed to look at musicbrainz data. I think you need to look at the debug log and see what MusicInfoScraper is coming up with.

On my FLAC files, the tags I have are:
MUSICBRAINZ ARTIST ID
MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ID

without the "underscores", don't know if that makes a difference.

I've also had a problem where universal artist scraper returns a list of artists and Gotham just takes the first one without asking if it's right, but that was an actual artist name that went into the database, not an ID.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan new music album to library, artist is listed as musicbrainz_artistid0