[TEST] Working AirPlay for iOS 7 and Mavericks on Raspbmc
Hi

If you go into Raspbmc Settings -> Nightly Builds and select xbmc-rbp-airplay-fix1.tar.gz and try this build, AirPlay should work with iOS 7. Would be nice to get some feedback.

As usual, AP mirroring is still not available and Netflix and other DRM stuff will not work so there is little point in trying.

Thanks
I just tested it out, and video streaming seems to be working well (a lot better than audio streaming, actually). One issue I noticed is that YouTube videos that have ads will only show the ad video, and after that, the actual video you are trying to watch won't play. I couldn't get it to work when trying to skip the ad or when watching the ad through to completion. So, it seems to be very close to working fully with just minor issues to address.

The audio (music) airplay is very slow and stuttering (and takes 8-9 seconds to respond to commands like pause), but I believe that this was an issue prior to switching to the Nightly Build, as well. Is the video much smoother and more responsive (e.g. to pause controls) due to the h.264 hardware decoder on the pi?

Thanks for your work on this. I just registered on these forums to give this feedback after checking it out Smile
Working with this fix. Tested with Photos and Youtube. iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3
Thanks for the fix. XBMC appears to correctly identify as a video target on every ios 7 device I've tried, consistently, whereas before it would be a crapshoot between video or audio-only. It also displays as a mirroring target.

After a reboot, though, or if I don't turn on airplay before applying the specified nightly, I can't seem to get airplay up and running.
Sam, I'm curious what the fix was and if it can be incorporated into the main XBMC trunk?
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
any similar fix for Open Elec builds on the rpi please?
Sam.

The airplay fix works with the nightly build and my iPhone 5S running iOS 7.0.4

I only wish you could incorporate mirroring just like the rplay.

Thanks for the fix.
Hey Sam looks like this could be big news for a few people any chance you can share what the fix is so we can get it pulled into master for everyone?
(2013-11-18, 23:26)bradvido88 Wrote: Sam, I'm curious what the fix was and if it can be incorporated into the main XBMC trunk?

This.
For some reason this build made my Flirc USB dongle not respond to remote commands. I went back to a stable build and the dongle worked again.
This would be amazing to get working correctly. I have to connect cables all over the room again after Mavericks came out. Will this work on all versions of XBMC? What is the status on this? Do you have a repro somewhere to follow the progress?

Thanks Andreas
Please help us testing for finding a sane bugfix for this problem:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179961
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
In openelec i have renamed the system name to appletv and it works video and audio
which ios version and device?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-12-13, 20:56)Boefke Wrote: In openelec i have renamed the system name to appletv and it works video and audio

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I have changed both computer name in Windows as well as the XBMC device name to 'appletv'.
Tried with XBMCSetup-20131214-ecbc85b-master.exe (Win 7 x64) and iPhone 5 / iOS 7.04. Phone has been reset before test.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TEST] Working AirPlay for iOS 7 and Mavericks on Raspbmc0