• 6(current)
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC
If you have started testing with the json version you may need to grab the default.py again, I just updated it to use the simple json lib that ships with xbmc

or if you want just change the import

from
import json
to
import simplejson as json
i've been out. i'll just grab the latest. ta!
(2014-01-06, 19:17)xnappo Wrote: Pi users:

We have determined the Python processing on the Pi is just plain slow.

We have two options for you to consider, please let us know which you prefer we pursue:

1. Minimal data - just a like of items with the artwork optional
2. Paging. Configurable number of items per page, with previous/next page options as the first and last entries in the lists.
3. We buy everyone a NUC (kidding Smile but they are $170 on Amazon with memory right now Big Grin )

xnappo

Is this bottleneck about time between home window -> library or about waiting for covers, after library has been opened?

First one - you may want to try adding list itemS instead of item (def addguiitem). Xbmc wiki says it should be quicker and I wanted to try it in plexbmc but my python skills are pretty basic for such a major code refactoring adventure.

Second one can be partially solved with smaller covers, if photo transcoding can be done on server side. Maybe you are already using it?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

We are talking about the first one (at least for now) - and that change (building the list then adding all at once) is also in null_pointer's fork.

Thanks,
xnappo
(2014-01-08, 00:44)xnappo Wrote: We are talking about the first one (at least for now) - and that change (building the list then adding all at once) is also in null_pointer's fork.

Thanks,
xnappo

May I ask are there any speed gains with itemS compared to item? What are benchmark results on your system?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

It is really hard to tell on our test systems - they are too fast to see the difference, and the operations likely don't scale the same.. If it made any difference it was in the 10s of ms range.

We really need data from a Pi..

Thanks!
xnappo

P.S. We are looking for skin help - are you interested??
I will try it on my PI, but it will be 3 or 4 hours.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
(2014-01-08, 01:00)xnappo Wrote: It is really hard to tell on our test systems - they are too fast to see the difference, and the operations likely don't scale the same.. If it made any difference it was in the 10s of ms range.

We really need data from a Pi..

Thanks!
xnappo

P.S. We are looking for skin help - are you interested??

I need mediabrowser to run on OSX in order to use it. I have installed windows build it in VM in order to test but initial library update took over 30 min and I had problems server being unable to get to/read some of the paths (SMB shares on OSX).

I'm following your work and planning skin integration in Amber if the server becomes usable for me.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

unfortunately I did not test just the itemS approach by itself, I made that change and before I got a chance to officially profile I started with the json change so I don't have independent results for just the itemS switch.

It is worth doing though and can be done, if the switch form xml to json does not help people with slower systems then I will pull that out and profile just the itemS changes.

Quote:initial library update took over 30 min
that should not be an issue with the latest changes that use the image proxy server to serve the thumbs and artwork in the background and allows XBMC to cache the images as needed. The initial load no longer needs to do a full image local cache build.
i've installed it and i'm trying to run but it seems to be doing something very slowly on initial load. it must have been buffering please wait for 10mins now, but pics are being written to the sddon data folder
ok, its working. on my movie collection of 750 folder it took 15-20 mins to initially list the items. second run took 5mins 5s to fully load the wall, although all covers are there on load. its pulled all the pics to the pi from what i can see. sorry i didn't set the performance logging and it is time for bed now. i can have another go tomorrow if no-one else has

cheers
that sounds like you are still running the old version, the new version does not have to cache the images on first load.
My forked version also does not pre cache the images so I think you are still running the wrong version, did you grab the default.py file from my repo?
https://github.com/faush01/MediaBrowser.XBMC

Also when you get it running turn on profiling and post the profile txt file here or on pastbin
(2014-01-08, 01:11)pecinko Wrote: I need mediabrowser to run on OSX in order to use it. I have installed windows build it in VM in order to test but initial library update took over 30 min and I had problems server being unable to get to/read some of the paths (SMB shares on OSX).

I'm following your work and planning skin integration in Amber if the server becomes usable for me.

Great - there is a lot of nice data MediaBrowser provides that could use a skin. I know OSX is next after Linux for the server...

xnappo
I tried it on my PI and it loaded my collections a whole lot faster, but I get a script error when I try to go into any of then. I am trying to get the log off it.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
Yeah logs and profile data would be awesome, thx for testing.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC5