Season handling in Playlist
The TV season never seems to have an id associated with it like tvshowid, episodeid, albumid, movieid, artistid, genreid etc. Is there a reason behind why this is the case? If season had an id, it could be used to add an entire season into the playlist. Now, the solution is to query all episodes for that season and then add them to a playlist and play. Is there a more efficient method using JSON? Also, if seasonid is added, the resume boolean param in Player.Open could handle where to start playback from, which would be pretty cool to implement with one command Smile. I know might be a big ask, just my thoughts.
Seasonid support has been added in JSON API 6.10.0, you need to switch to a recent Gotham nightly or weekly build. Not sure if you can add an entire season to a playlist but you can now get and set details for a specific season.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Will there be a possibility to pass the season id from the video library to a script?
As far as I know, now there is no season id available in the VideoInfoDialog.
The main reason for this is that seasons were never really stored in the database until a few months ago. Until then seasons were simply determined based on the available episodes which are assigned to a specific season number. Support for seasons as an actual container is slowly getting into XBMC.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ohh that will be great. I was already working on some tweaks on Artwork Downloader so it can properly handle season artwork.

The only thing that was missing were the right json methods to set the season detail - you just supplied it Smile
The other thing is the right DBID of the season that is not available in the VideoInfoDialog. The DBID in this dialog points to the show.

Maybe it would be possible that the seasonid can be accessible in the GUI through i.e. ListItem.SeasonId?
This is awesome. Thanks for the information @Montellese Can you confirm if seasonid is supported as a PlayList.Item parameter?
(2013-11-17, 18:39)anil.smp Wrote: This is awesome. Thanks for the information @Montellese Can you confirm if seasonid is supported as a PlayList.Item parameter?

It's not. As I said support for seasons as a container has only been added recently and being able to make use of that in the different places (skins, addons, json-rpc, ...) will take a while.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Season handling in Playlist0