Linux XBMC does not remember my settings for video calibration
I have custom setting under System>Settings>System>Video output>Video calibration which I need to apply every time I reboot the RPi. In other words, the settings are not getting written out to disk or they are not getting recalled. This is true whether I run xbmc as a user or by using the xbmc.service. Just to verify, I ran chown -R xbmc:xbmc /var/lib/xbmc so that isn't the problem. Anyone else observe this? Any suggestions are welcomed.

This is on an RPi running Arch ARM using the official xbmc package (xbmc-rbp 12.2-2); the system is fully updated. Thank you in advance!
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Hi not sure if this will help as mine was only doing it every 3rd or 4th reboot, but found out that if the TV "P size" was set at 16:9 xbmc would need recalibrating every 3rd or 4th reboot. If I set the tv up for "just scan" (samsung tv maybe different wording on other brands) then re calibrated in xbmc no more issues...You could also try editing the xorg.conf with nano in a terminal window and try and save it, should throw up an error if it cant which may help where the issue is....
@W - In my case, it is a SDTV so not such settings. I gotta think this is a problem with xbmc itself.
Do you have free space on the root drive? If xbmc can't write to guisettings it will default.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Raspberry PI's are well known for corrupting the SD disk on shutdown, especially when the shutdown is not done in a nice way.
Do you use a USB stick to store the settings on ?
Xbmc saves its settings on _exit_. Did you try to restart(not reboot) xbmc after changing the calibration?
@luna - Yes, plenty of free space.
@Kib - No, it is on an SD card and I have fsck'ed it with no errors.
@wsnip - Yes, if I exit from the shutdown menu (rather than reboot or shutdown or suspend, etc.) it goes down cleanly and the systemd service promptly restarts it, but again, the settings are lost. Would it be helpful if I posted a full xbmc.log in this case?
We can always take a look when you upload a debug log (wiki)
(2013-11-18, 23:39)Kib Wrote: We can always take a look when you upload a debug log (wiki)

OK... this log is me starting xbmc and setting the video calibration with my ipad remote, then exiting from the power menu in the GUI:
setting.video.calibration.with.ipad.remote-xbmc.log

Here is the log that comes up when the service restarts and the video calibration settings are forgotten:
xbmc.log
I think there was something jacked-up in my profile when the RPi was connected via SVideo. I plugged it into an 1080p monitor for something else and found that when I returned it to the SDTV, everything was as it should be. The only thing that changed was under video output... here the resolution is 720x480i but the refresh rate is 60.00 which is not possible on an SDTV. From memory, before, the refresh rate was something else... not a number but something like "let driver choose" or "same as source" or something. I think there is some bug when outputting to SDTV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC does not remember my settings for video calibration0