Problems with PC shares
yes, you are correct... i use the computer name, and i have also used the ip for testing. i have also tried the domain account, and the local password. it is very strange. i will prompt me for the user id and show me the string of my code....but my password is only half there. i can also see my domain in workgroup options, but when i click on the computer name it says computer name invalid.
As this is an older thread you posted to, you are using sources.xml not xboxmediacenter.xml arent you?
i am not familair with the souces.xml file. am i in the wrong place. i have setup all these lines in the other xml file.
Ah... sources.xml has replaced xboxmediacenter.xml
you can read a bit more about it in the manual.
sources.xml will be in a folder called UserData.
i have setup all the menus with the other...do i need that one at all now?
Nope. xboxmediacenter.xml is no longer used. You can cut and paste most of what you require into the sources.xml
thanks..i guess all my reading was int he wrong place...
Try this for your reading

http://www.xbmc.xbox-scene.com/wiki/inde...ine_Manual
where is this file, i am not seeing it in the folders.
i do not have a sources file int he xbmc folder
I think you may need to go and read the link I gave you. When you say you have the latest version of XBMC, what is the compile date?
where can i find compile date int he folder structure?
its from 1-7-06
you should have a folder called UserData inside the main program folder. It should be in that.
You should really read the manual in the previous link. Most if not all your questions are answered there, and very well laid out too.
this is the internet, people don't read here!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with PC shares0