• 131(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2019-10-20, 16:50)annomatik Wrote: Hi! Switching from Kodi 17 to 18, my custom "System.logoff" entry in my menu has disappeared. I was logging in automatically in my Master profile (skipping the login screen) and used that command to exit back to the login screen.

After a long search, I found out, that this seems to be a feature -- not a bug. Still, If I comment out this part of datafunctions.py, everything works as before:

elif action == "system.logoff":
            return "[System.HasLoginScreen | IntegerGreaterThan(System.ProfileCount,1)] + System.Loggedon"

Would it be possible to remove the visibility-statement for system.logoff so my use case would work again? I tried it with System.ProfileCount,1 only but for some reason, it still did not work -- I had to remove all three criterias ( HasLoginScreen, ProfileCount greater 1 and System.Loggedon).

Thanks!

2016-12-12 removed infobools

these old deprecated infobools have now been removed:
- StringCompare() (use String.IsEqual instead)
- SubString() (use String.Contains instead)
- IntegerGreaterThan() (use Integer.IsGreater instead)
- IsEmpty() (use String.IsEmpty instead)
(2019-10-20, 17:16)Hitcher Wrote: 2016-12-12 removed infobools

these old deprecated infobools have now been removed:
- StringCompare() (use String.IsEqual instead)
- SubString() (use String.Contains instead)
- IntegerGreaterThan() (use Integer.IsGreater instead)
- IsEmpty() (use String.IsEmpty instead) 

Not sure, what you are trying to tell me. Regardless, if IntegerGreaterThan works correctly or not, my usecase is not having a login screen (ignore "HasLoginScreen") and still being able to logoff. With the check I have posted in place, this is not possible.
(2019-10-20, 16:50)annomatik Wrote: Hi! Switching from Kodi 17 to 18, my custom "System.logoff" entry in my menu has disappeared. I was logging in automatically in my Master profile (skipping the login screen) and used that command to exit back to the login screen.

After a long search, I found out, that this seems to be a feature -- not a bug. Still, If I comment out this part of datafunctions.py, everything works as before:

elif action == "system.logoff":
            return "[System.HasLoginScreen | IntegerGreaterThan(System.ProfileCount,1)] + System.Loggedon"

Would it be possible to remove the visibility-statement for system.logoff so my use case would work again? I tried it with System.ProfileCount,1 only but for some reason, it still did not work -- I had to remove all three criterias ( HasLoginScreen, ProfileCount greater 1 and System.Loggedon).

Thanks!

It may (sorry, out of practice on these issues, and not in a position to test) be possible to do this with an overrides file - create a file called overrides.xml in your userdata directory with the following contents...

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<overrides>
    <override action="system.logoff">
        <condition>True</condition>
    <override>
</overrides>

...and keep your fingers crossed it works!
Please delete this.
@mikeSiLVO
Just cloned your latest Python 3 branch on my Kodi 19 nightly 2019-12-13 and got the following error:

2019-12-13 19:16:59.380 T:16031   ERROR:   File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/library.py", line 2036, in getImagesFromVfsPath
2019-12-13 19:16:59.382 T:16031   ERROR: image = urllib.parse.unquote(image).decode('utf8')
2019-12-13 19:16:59.382 T:16031   ERROR: AttributeError
2019-12-13 19:16:59.382 T:16031   ERROR: :
2019-12-13 19:16:59.382 T:16031   ERROR: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'

line 2036 needs to be changed from:
                        image = urllib.parse.unquote(image).decode('utf-8')
to:
                        image = urllib.parse.unquote(image)

Thank you very much for updating this addon! I'll let you know if I spot anything else.
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
(2019-12-13, 21:57)AnonTester Wrote: @mikeSiLVO
Just cloned your latest Python 3 branch on my Kodi 19 nightly 2019-12-13 and got the following error:

2019-12-13 19:16:59.380 T:16031   ERROR:   File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/library.py", line 2036, in getImagesFromVfsPath
2019-12-13 19:16:59.382 T:16031   ERROR: image = urllib.parse.unquote(image).decode('utf8')
2019-12-13 19:16:59.382 T:16031   ERROR: AttributeError
2019-12-13 19:16:59.382 T:16031   ERROR: :
2019-12-13 19:16:59.382 T:16031   ERROR: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'

line 2036 needs to be changed from:
                        image = urllib.parse.unquote(image).decode('utf-8')
to:
                        image = urllib.parse.unquote(image)

Thank you very much for updating this addon! I'll let you know if I spot anything else.

Great catch, and thanks for the assistance in making Skin Shortcuts compatible with Python v3.

If you are able and have the time, a pull request against (Mikes) Master would be much appreciated. Otherwise, Mike or myself will update the code as you have directed when we have half a chance Smile
(I'm more than a little out of practice with my Git skills but...) please see https://github.com/mikesilvo164/script.s...ts/pull/11, and ignore the fact it isn't based on the current master - please note, this undoes some of the py2/3 compatibility code included in Mike's current master. It has not been tested by me, but is merely a pull request of the code changes suggested by @AnonTester.
Thanks. I have never done a PR and trying to read up on it just left me confused. Need to do some more reading over the Christmas break as I've got various other addons on my local system which I've been trying to make py3 compatible. In particular Skin Helper Service Widgets, thetvdb api2, skin helper service, and watchdog. I will need to read up on py2/3 compatibility though as I just fixed error messages I saw in the logs for py3, so those changes wouldn't be good enough for PRs.

There's a weird issue with banner images and thumbnails of the recently added episodes and next episode widgets. Those widgets don't properly get the show thumbnail to hide spoilers and the banners are somewhat random. Not sure whether this is a problem with the current kodi19 nightlies, my skin (Estuary Modv2) or an issue in one of the addons not working quite right yet...

Either way, I'll upload the changes to my github page and post links to the various forum entries in the hopes that it'll be helpful and we'll end up with compatible addons eventually.
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
(2019-12-19, 00:28)AnonTester Wrote: Thanks. I have never done a PR and trying to read up on it just left me confused. Need to do some more reading over the Christmas break as I've got various other addons on my local system which I've been trying to make py3 compatible. In particular Skin Helper Service Widgets, thetvdb api2, skin helper service, and watchdog. I will need to read up on py2/3 compatibility though as I just fixed error messages I saw in the logs for py3, so those changes wouldn't be good enough for PRs.

There's a weird issue with banner images and thumbnails of the recently added episodes and next episode widgets. Those widgets don't properly get the show thumbnail to hide spoilers and the banners are somewhat random. Not sure whether this is a problem with the current kodi19 nightlies, my skin (Estuary Modv2) or an issue in one of the addons not working quite right yet...

Either way, I'll upload the changes to my github page and post links to the various forum entries in the hopes that it'll be helpful and we'll end up with compatible addons eventually.

Sorry, I obviously wasn't clear - I've made the pull request (PR - the technical term for asking for code changes to existing code on Github) myself, so no need to worry about you doing it (though, if you find issues and can PR the fixes yourself, well, that's fantastic!) The relevant PR is here - https://github.com/mikesilvo164/script.s...ts/pull/11

The script isn't responsible for how skins actually display widgets, so any issue with banner or thumbnail issues is something you'd need to take up with the relevant skinner,
Hello Guys
 i don't know if this the correct thread....
I have an issue with Kodi 18....leia and 19...Matrix.....
 When i used 16 and 17 i put my HDD and find my movies from source and put them on my menu .....
And when i press DTS Movies take me to my Movies....
Now with 18 and 19 when i press Dts Movies take me to this........
What i'm doing wrong?
Is it a bug?
Am i wrong?
Plz give me a help bcz i still using 17.6 on my media player and i want to update it....
 Thanks for your time guys Big Grin
(2020-01-07, 13:50)VanChle Wrote: Hello Guys
 When i used 16 and 17 i put my HDD and find my movies from source and put them on my menu .....
What i'm doing wrong?
Is it a bug?
Am i wrong?
Plz give me a help bcz i still using 17.6 on my media player and i want to update it....

Not sure whether it specially affect your, but there's a known issue with the script when using souces > source > create (link/widget) to here. This is a function that is likely to be removed in a future version, as the underlying functions its relied on have changed between Kodi versions. Going forward, its expected users would create their own smart playlist to display the content they want to see (rather than the Skin Shortcuts creating the playscript automatically, as worked previously).

If it's not that issue, you'd need to provide detailed steps of how to recreate your issue and provide a full debug log so that this could be looked in to.
(2020-01-10, 23:41)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2020-01-07, 13:50)VanChle Wrote: Hello Guys
What i'm doing wrong?
Is it a bug?
Am i wrong?

Not sure whether it specially affect your, but there's a known issue with the script when using souces > source > create (link/widget) to here. This is a function that is likely to be removed in a future version, as the underlying functions its relied on have changed between Kodi versions. Going forward, its expected users would create their own smart playlist to display the content they want to see (rather than the Skin Shortcuts creating the playscript automatically, as worked previously).

If it's not that issue, you'd need to provide detailed steps of how to recreate your issue and provide a full debug log so that this could be looked in to. 

Hello and thanks for your promt response
 Bcz i am new to this you want for me to make you screenshots about my steps in 17.6 and 18.5Huh?
 And where i can find the debug log (and the steps to find it helping me)
I check around for smart playlist and all create them with the resolution of the movies but i want to go straight to my folders bcz i organize them buy the sound DTSand higher and ACC....
did anyone do have a version for python 3?
(2020-01-20, 16:36)tjost Wrote: did anyone do have a version for python 3?

@tjost , yes @mikeSiLVO is working on a python 3 version, you can find it here: https://github.com/mikesilvo164/script.s...e/python_3

Regards,

Bart
Are there any skins available as of yet that work with the new python3 Skin Shortcuts?
Also, wondering why all these skins show up as available to install in Kodi Matrix repo if they are not yet compatible with python3 skin shortcuts?? Theres no filter or GUI bump in addon.xml for incompatible Leia skins?
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8