• 135(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
I want to set a string when skin shortcuts finish building menu. I put set string in xmlfunctions.py but it's not showing the string in skin settings.xml file.
Can anyone assist
Hi guys,
I've trying for days to find a solution to something I want to do in the skin I'm using.
I now think it is related to Skinshortcuts and not the skin itself.
(I've been told in the thread of the skin that it is a lot of work and not worth it, so I thought of asking here)
I'm trying to move the "widget header" to the bottom of the widget instead of being at top.
I think there might be something to change/add to the file overrides.xml of the skin.
I'm using skin "Titan M O D" with vertical home.
If someone has the knowledge to help me out, I would be grateful.
Just point out where to go and what needs to be changed or added.
Cheers.Image
Hey all. I have my system set up almost perfectly, but I'm having an issue with some widgets.
First, On my home screen I have Movies, TV Shows, etc... When the Movies button has focus I have it set to show a widget with my entire movie collection, and it does this fine. However, in my collection folder I have it set to sort the movies in alphabetical order, and that's how I want the widget to display them when the Movie button has focus. But it doesn't, it shows them sorted by year. Where would I find the code to set the sorting for this?

Second, when I press down arrow and the sub menus on Movies comes up I have sub menus; Collection, Genres, Years. I have set widgets to show up for each of these sub menu button. The Collection widget shows up fine (albeit with the wrong sort order I want as mentioned above), but when I move to the Genres or Years buttons their widgets won't show up. Sometimes nothing appears, and sometimes the Collection widget will remain, but the label on the widget will change to Genres or Years depending on which button has focus. I've checked and rechecked, and each widget has the proper path in settings.... So if there's a way to fix this in the code somewhere I just need to know where to find the code for it, to make sure it's proper.

Thanks in advance.

If needed, I'm using the Eminence skin.
Would like to report and discuss a long standing issue of this script...

The script shares (or tries to share) the home menu customizations between skins by default - the option for this would have to be disabled by users manually. This poses an issue though when it tries to do so for skins that are shipped with Kodi - the one placed in the Kodi root addon directory and not in the user addon directory. Most times these would be Estuary and Estouchy which don't support the script anyway.

What's quite annoying now is that an error dialog appears each time one tries to switch to one of these skins as the script tries to write its include file to the skin's directory it doesn't and can't have write access to. Can this behaviour be changed for skins that don't allow the script to write to their directory? Maybe via a permission check that prevents the error dialog to pop-up for these skins - users can't and shouldn't be able to change much about the reported error anyways as they shouldn't change the write permissions and ownership of those addon folders.
OSMC Skinner      |    The OSMC Skin for Kodi v20 Nexus (native 16:9, 21:9 and 4:3 skin, special cinemascope/CIH version available)      |     GitHub: https://github.com/Ch1llb0/skin.osmc
hi everyone I hope someone can help me with this question I posted in another place but I was told I might find help here

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3009944

I am not sure what are the rules about getting help in one place then refer me to another. I could repost the complete case here again if that is required.

thanks Smile
@mikeSiLVO, do you know whether it's normal behaviour that the skinshortcuts script doesn't re-build the home menu anymore under v19 Matrix when the skin's template.xml file has been changed like it did under v18 Leia? Atm, I have to open the customization dialog, change an item and only then will it re-build.

I'm using this re-build code line:

xml:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.skinshortcuts)">RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;group=mainmenu&amp;levels=1&amp;options=noGroups)</onload>
OSMC Skinner      |    The OSMC Skin for Kodi v20 Nexus (native 16:9, 21:9 and 4:3 skin, special cinemascope/CIH version available)      |     GitHub: https://github.com/Ch1llb0/skin.osmc
Does anyone know why I can't use a skinshortcuts provided property to fill in another property

xml:
<property name="id" tag="mainmenuid" />

<property name="label" tag="property" attribute="name|widget" value="embuaryhelpermoviesrandomgenre">$INFO[Container(1600$SKINSHORTCUTS[id]).ListItemAbsolute(0).Property(searchstring),More , movies]</property>
<property name="label" tag="property" attribute="name|widget" value="embuaryhelpertvshowsrandomgenre">$INFO[Container(1600$SKINSHORTCUTS[id]).ListItemAbsolute(0).Property(searchstring),More , shows]</property>
<property name="label" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetName" />

In this context $SKINSHORTCUTS[id] returns nothing, however when used in my control code it returns the correct value. Any ideas?

Thanks
(2021-03-27, 10:23)Chillbo Wrote: @mikeSiLVO, do you know whether it's normal behaviour that the skinshortcuts script doesn't re-build the home menu anymore under v19 Matrix when the skin's template.xml file has been changed like it did under v18 Leia? Atm, I have to open the customization dialog, change an item and only then will it re-build.

xml:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.skinshortcuts)">RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;group=mainmenu&amp;levels=1&amp;options=noGroups)</onload>

Yes this is super annoying behavior , and is causing lots of users to wonder what happened to their menus after a simple update

never mind i'm a idiot .  I was including the scriptskin shorcuts includes xml .. with the skin .. of course that causes issues , it needs to be built fresh .
(2021-03-31, 14:15)SerpentDrago69 Wrote:
(2021-03-27, 10:23)Chillbo Wrote: @mikeSiLVO, do you know whether it's normal behaviour that the skinshortcuts script doesn't re-build the home menu anymore under v19 Matrix when the skin's template.xml file has been changed like it did under v18 Leia? Atm, I have to open the customization dialog, change an item and only then will it re-build.

xml:

Yes this is super annoying behavior , and is causing lots of users to wonder what happened to their menus after a simple update

Can this be fixed maybe? I'm not sure how users of my skin will get changes otherwise?
(2021-03-31, 14:39)Chillbo Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 14:15)SerpentDrago69 Wrote:

xml:

Can this be fixed maybe? I'm not sure how users of my skin will get changes otherwise?
My issue was i was including the the skinshorcuts includes.xml the generated file , i shouldn't have been , i know this .. was just being stupid . 

carry on !
is there a context.skinshortcuts.addtomenu for kodi 19
i get this error from version="1.0.0"

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="context.skinshortcuts.addtomenu" name="Skin Shortcuts - Add To Menu" version="1.0.0" provider-name="BobCratchett">
  <requires>
   <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>
    <import addon="script.skinshortcuts" version="1.1.4"/>
  </requires>
  <extension point="kodi.context.item" library="addon.py">
    <item>
      <label>32000</label>
      <visible>!StringCompare(ListItem.Label,..) + ListItem.IsFolder</visible>
    </item>
  </extension>
  <extension point="kodi.addon.metadata">
    <platform>all</platform>
    <summary lang="en_GB">Add folders to Skin Shortcuts managed menus</summary>
    <description lang="en_GB">Add folders to Skin Shortcuts managed menus directly from the context menu. Requires skin support.</description>
    <license>GNU General Public License, v2</license>
    <forum></forum>
    <source>https://github.com/Ignoble61/context.skinshortcuts.addtomenu</source>
  </extension>
</addon>

xml:

import sys
import xbmc, xbmcgui
import urllib

if __name__ == '__main__':
    # Extract the info we'll send over to Skin Shortcuts
    filename = sys.listitem.getfilename()
    label = sys.listitem.getLabel()
    icon = xbmc.getInfoLabel( "ListItem.Icon" )
    content = xbmc.getInfoLabel( "Container.Content" )
    window = xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId()

# Call Skin Shortcuts
    runScript = "RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=context&filename=%s&label=%s&icon=%s&content=%s&window=%s)" %( urllib.quote( filename ), label, icon, content, window )
    xbmc.executebuiltin( "%s" %( runScript ) )

Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'xbmcgui.ListItem' object has no attribute 'getfilename'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\pearc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\context.skinshortcuts.addtomenu\addon.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                   AttributeError: 'xbmcgui.ListItem' object has no attribute 'getfilename'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
(2021-04-06, 13:44)the_other_guy Wrote: is there a context.skinshortcuts.addtomenu for kodi 19
i get this error from version="1.0.0"

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="context.skinshortcuts.addtomenu" name="Skin Shortcuts - Add To Menu" version="1.0.0" provider-name="BobCratchett">
  <requires>
   <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>
    <import addon="script.skinshortcuts" version="1.1.4"/>
  </requires>
  <extension point="kodi.context.item" library="addon.py">
    <item>
      <label>32000</label>
      <visible>!StringCompare(ListItem.Label,..) + ListItem.IsFolder</visible>
    </item>
  </extension>
  <extension point="kodi.addon.metadata">
    <platform>all</platform>
    <summary lang="en_GB">Add folders to Skin Shortcuts managed menus</summary>
    <description lang="en_GB">Add folders to Skin Shortcuts managed menus directly from the context menu. Requires skin support.</description>
    <license>GNU General Public License, v2</license>
    <forum></forum>
    <source>https://github.com/Ignoble61/context.skinshortcuts.addtomenu</source>
  </extension>
</addon>

xml:

import sys
import xbmc, xbmcgui
import urllib

if __name__ == '__main__':
    # Extract the info we'll send over to Skin Shortcuts
    label = sys.listitem.getLabel()
    icon = xbmc.getInfoLabel( "ListItem.Icon" )
    content = xbmc.getInfoLabel( "Container.Content" )
    window = xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId()

# Call Skin Shortcuts
    runScript = "RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=context&filename=%s&label=%s&icon=%s&content=%s&window=%s)" %( urllib.quote( filename ), label, icon, content, window )
    xbmc.executebuiltin( "%s" %( runScript ) )

Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'xbmcgui.ListItem' object has no attribute 'getfilename'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\pearc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\context.skinshortcuts.addtomenu\addon.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                   AttributeError: 'xbmcgui.ListItem' object has no attribute 'getfilename'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
Try that.

replace:

Code:

with:

Code:
filename = sys.listitem.getPath()
@mikeSiLVO 

Dunno how active u follow GitHub:
https://github.com/mikesilvo164/script.s...ts/pull/31

Please merge this and do a new version for the repo. 
There is a "deal breaking bug" if you have <propertypattern> in your overrides and setting custom thumbnails. At least on Windows because it uses backslashes in the path which cause escaping errors.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
@mikeSiLVO , I have noticed a strange issue.

If you add a menu item that is a favorite from the Radio addon, and add submenu items that are also favorites from that addon, the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml that is generated has these "issues":

1. No matter what you choose for the label for the menu item, the property "labelID" for the menu item is empty.
2. The property "subemnuVisibility" is also empty, most likely due to the labelID being empty.
3. The property "group" on the submenu items is also empty, again. most likely to the labelID of the menu item being empty.

While the menu item and submenu items are added correctly, and work, when you try to go back and edit the submenu for the menu item you get a blank submenu, and not the items that had been added before.

I do not know what is going on specifically with favorites from the Radio addon, because if you add a menu item that is another type of favorite, like a movie or tv show, the labelID for the menu item is not blank, it is a shortened version of whatever you chose for a label.

Please let me know what additional information you might need to track this one down.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-03-31, 15:12)SerpentDrago69 Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 14:39)Chillbo Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 14:15)SerpentDrago69 Wrote: Yes this is super annoying behavior , and is causing lots of users to wonder what happened to their menus after a simple update

My issue was i was including the the skinshorcuts includes.xml the generated file , i shouldn't have been , i know this .. was just being stupid . 

carry on !

This still doesn't explain why the skin is not rebuilding once the template.xml file by the respective skim has been changed. I've just changed some basic colour variables and now this happens to users as the home menu include isn't rebuilt by the skinshortcuts script although the before mentioned rebuild onload is present in my home.xml file: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/testing-kodi...?u=chillbo

Really need help here, @mikeSiLVO. Have also opened an issue over at Git: https://github.com/mikesilvo164/script.s.../issues/33
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8