• 51(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2015-10-06, 14:34)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 14:28)im85288 Wrote: Which seems to coincide with the documentation where it sets for example skinAction, skinList, skinLabel and skinThumbNail. Are you saying a different skin string is set for widgets that I cannot see in the documentation.

No, I guess you misunderstand... There's no widget property. The just select method just returns whatever the user selected.
It wil return the path in a skin string (the full activatewindow..) and the path to be used in a widget.

So, use skinList to get the widget path...

Ah yes I did misunderstand, I tried again and it does not reveal all of the smart shortcuts widgets etc and the data set in the skinList is not always useable directly in a widget.

For example this was returned when selecting the All titles for movies:

Code:
library://video/movies/titles.xml/

It's a shame it is not supported as I could see it as a useful function, anyway thanks for helping Smile
Set grouping=widget - that will show the same options as when using GUI 312 (along with the behaviour where, for example, the script won't ask whether to play/display a playlist). All of the options there should return a list property usable as a widget... (Just as the example in your post above should be usable)
(2015-10-06, 14:49)im85288 Wrote: Ah yes I did misunderstand, I tried again and it does not reveal all of the smart shortcuts widgets etc and the data set in the skinList is not always useable directly in a widget.

Code:

It's a shame it is not supported as I could see it as a useful function, anyway thanks for helping Smile

That should be usable in a widget ;-)

Yeah, it's not completely compatible, the best way is to use the widgets method in the shortcuts dialog.
As for your use case where you want to have some widgets not attached to the mainmenu: You are aware of the possibility that you can have multiple groups/menus beiing handled by the script ?

Take a look at Titan, in the netflix home I use a fake list to assign the widgets in the rows...

EDIT: Also look at Bobs comment, you can indeed use the widget grouping...
(2015-10-06, 14:51)BobCratchett Wrote: Set grouping=widget - that will show the same options as when using GUI 312 (along with the behaviour where, for example, the script won't ask whether to play/display a playlist). All of the options there should return a list property usable as a widget... (Just as the example in your post above should be usable)

Thanks, yes that made the selection focused on the available widgets. The example I gave above does work, however there is a similar one for unwatched movies that did not work. However with the grouping set to widget all seems to be good. Cheers.

(2015-10-06, 14:52)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 14:49)im85288 Wrote: Ah yes I did misunderstand, I tried again and it does not reveal all of the smart shortcuts widgets etc and the data set in the skinList is not always useable directly in a widget.

Code:

That should be usable in a widget ;-)

Yeah, it's not completely compatible, the best way is to use the widgets method in the shortcuts dialog.
As for your use case where you want to have some widgets not attached to the mainmenu: You are aware of the possibility that you can have multiple groups/menus beiing handled by the script ?

Take a look at Titan, in the netflix home I use a fake list to assign the widgets in the rows...

EDIT: Also look at Bobs comment, you can indeed use the widget grouping...

Thanks, yes the widget grouping was what I was missing. Hopefully I am using most of the features correctly. For each menu item I allow multiple widgets which are all handled by the management dialog. It was only for a couple of widgets that I have which are not attached/associated with a menu that I wanted to re-use the available widgets from the script.

On a related note, when there are multiple widgets for a menu item I sometimes notice the old data being shown when switching menus. For example lets say the Movies menu has 2 widgets using the propertys widget and widget1, and TV Shows has 2 widgets also using the properties widget and widget1. If I navigate from Movies to TV Shows I will sometimes see the data from Movies in TV Shows for a second or two whilst it refreshes. Is this a known issue and down to slower hardware (problem is not so noticeable on more powerful devices) or should I be clearing the property values when navigating the menu? Thanks.
You'll need to use separate widgets for each main menu entry to avoid that problem so they're always loaded.
(2015-10-06, 16:02)Hitcher Wrote: You'll need to use separate widgets for each main menu entry to avoid that problem so they're always loaded.

I was actually just about to look into dealing with this for Metropolis.. are there any working examples of this anywhere? Specifically, to address the issue that the shortcuts are completely configurable by the user. I'd probably figure it out, but if someone else already has thought it through... Wink
(2015-10-06, 16:02)Hitcher Wrote: You'll need to use separate widgets for each main menu entry to avoid that problem so they're always loaded.

Thanks a lot Big Grin
Are we talking that old problem where a single list instance is used for however-many-submenu's and now however-many-widgets the user has selected? If so, 0.6.0 introduced templates, which will build each submenu, widget or anything else you like based on the main menu item properties into a template (so you provide a template containing a list, each widget will be built in a separate instance of that list).

There's a simple example in the docs. There's also a real world example for using it for widgets from the early days of my own Conq mod, which became a stupidly complex example (requiring 0.6.1) when I introduced multi-widgets.
Thanks again BobCratchett. You're awesome Smile
(2015-10-06, 16:56)BobCratchett Wrote: Are we talking that old problem where a single list instance is used for however-many-submenu's and now however-many-widgets the user has selected? If so, 0.6.0 introduced templates, which will build each submenu, widget or anything else you like based on the main menu item properties into a template (so you provide a template containing a list, each widget will be built in a separate instance of that list).

There's a simple example in the docs. There's also a real world example for using it for widgets from the early days of my own Conq mod, which became a stupidly complex example (requiring 0.6.1) when I introduced multi-widgets.

It was not what I was referring too (unless I am not understanding correctly). In my example say the Main Menu allows 2 widgets to be set I am currently using button 312 for the main widget and then a custom one for the additional widget. Using this mechanism the widgets are shared for each menu item and sometimes has a delay loading the new data when moving to a new menu item. From what Hitcher said this can be resolved by using different widget ids for each menu item.
(2015-10-06, 16:16)jingai Wrote:

I was actually just about to look into dealing with this for Metropolis.. are there any working examples of this anywhere? Specifically, to address the issue that the shortcuts are completely configurable by the user. I'd probably figure it out, but if someone else already has thought it through... Wink
(2015-10-06, 16:56)BobCratchett Wrote: Are we talking that old problem where a single list instance is used for however-many-submenu's and now however-many-widgets the user has selected? If so, 0.6.0 introduced templates, which will build each submenu, widget or anything else you like based on the main menu item properties into a template (so you provide a template containing a list, each widget will be built in a separate instance of that list).

My fTV skin uses separate multiple widgets for the home menu items but it's currently hard-coded to the items position in the list and not their name. This is why I need to look into templates when I re-write it.
(2015-10-06, 17:24)im85288 Wrote: It was not what I was referring too (unless I am not understanding correctly). In my example say the Main Menu allows 2 widgets to be set I am currently using button 312 for the main widget and then a custom one for the additional widget. Using this mechanism the widgets are shared for each menu item and sometimes has a delay loading the new data when moving to a new menu item. From what Hitcher said this can be resolved by using different widget ids for each menu item.

My bad Smile

(Though I have to ask, do you know you can set as many different widgets as you like via 312...?)
(2015-10-06, 17:30)BobCratchett Wrote: My bad Smile

(Though I have to ask, do you know you can set as many different widgets as you like via 312...?)

I think so Smile But possibly I did this wrong in that I defined an additional button (for the second widget) that sends a click to 312 for example

Code:
<control type="button" id="1407"> <!--set widget 2-->
                        <width>1410</width>
                        <include>DefSettingsButton2</include>
                        <onclick>SetProperty(widgetID, 1)</onclick>
                        <onclick>SendClick(312)</onclick>
                        <label>$ADDON[script.skinshortcuts 32044] 2</label>
                        <label2>$INFO[Container(211).Listitem.Property(widgetName.1)]</label2>
                        <visible>StringCompare(Window.Property(groupname),mainmenu)</visible>
                    </control>
Nothing wrong with that Smile
(2015-10-06, 17:30)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 17:24)im85288 Wrote: It was not what I was referring too (unless I am not understanding correctly). In my example say the Main Menu allows 2 widgets to be set I am currently using button 312 for the main widget and then a custom one for the additional widget. Using this mechanism the widgets are shared for each menu item and sometimes has a delay loading the new data when moving to a new menu item. From what Hitcher said this can be resolved by using different widget ids for each menu item.

My bad Smile

Interesting, can myWidgetIdentifier be part info label and part normal label?

eg

Code:
<onclick>SetProperty(widgetID,$INFO[Container(211).ListItem.Label]_Widget_1)</onclick>
<onclick>SetProperty(widgetID,$INFO[Container(211).ListItem.Label]_Widget_2)</onclick>
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8