• 90(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
@Cjdeals - the userdata files the script creates aren't designed to be shared amongst different systems. Some people have had luck modifying the paths in userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/[skin.name].properties - but that file isn't designed to be manually edited, and as such there's no support given for doing so.

@braz - I've not heard of any problems, but again these are relatively new functions. I'll try and test your code over the next 24 hours, see if it causes issues for me.
(2016-03-22, 11:40)BobCratchett Wrote: @Cjdeals - the userdata files the script creates aren't designed to be shared amongst different systems. Some people have had luck modifying the paths in userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/[skin.name].properties - but that file isn't designed to be manually edited, and as such there's no support given for doing so.

@braz - I've not heard of any problems, but again these are relatively new functions. I'll try and test your code over the next 24 hours, see if it causes issues for me.

Ive sorted it out now edited properties and mainmenu.data all good now
@Bob,

Sorry to bother you sir but I'm getting this in the log file:

16:57:16 T:6788 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\music
16:57:16 T:6788 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
16:57:16 T:6788 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\library.py", line 1001, in playlists
16:57:16 T:6788 ERROR: xmldata = xmltree.fromstring(contents_data.encode('utf-8'))
16:57:16 T:6788 ERROR: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1300, in XML
16:57:16 T:6788 ERROR: parser.feed(text)
16:57:16 T:6788 ERROR: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1642, in feed
16:57:16 T:6788 ERROR: self._raiseerror(v)
16:57:16 T:6788 ERROR: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1506, in _raiseerror
16:57:16 T:6788 ERROR: raise err
16:57:16 T:6788 ERROR: ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1422, column 23
16:57:19 T:7192 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 111
16:57:19 T:7192 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 309
16:57:19 T:4436 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle 13
16:57:19 T:4436 WARNING: Previous line repeats 26 times.
16:57:19 T:4436 NOTICE: finished

I'm trying to figure out why all of a sudden System.Hasaddon doesn't seem to be working, spoke to Mr. V and he said the issue I'm having with no widget options from library data provider or Skin helper shouldn't be happening if the addons are installed, which they are Huh?

Mike,
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
@braz - I was unable to reproduce any issues with your code. Sorry.

@Mike_Doc - that particular error looks like trouble parsing one of your playlists as it's not 100% valid xml. If you can post a full debug log (wiki), with the scripts own debug logging option enabled, I'll take a look through to see if it shows any reason the relevant widget options aren't showing.
will do Bob, thanks.
Hi Bob,

log file as requested http://xbmclogs.com/pyuluehtt

I've found the problem playlist and removed it but I still don't get the widget options. I see lots of control in window errors and other errors when in SSS management dialog so maybe you might see something hopefully?
OK, had a look through the log. Nothing particularly stands out - the overrides.xml file is loaded correctly and Kodi confirms the relevant addons are installed as you say. I'll have to have a think about this one - and will probably need to provide you with a debug-build so that we can get to the bottom of it. Before I do that, can you get me a debug log which actually shows you trying to set a widget (that log shows you going into management dialog for the main menu, then entering the tv shows submenu, adding a new item and setting its action not its widget Wink). Once I've looked through that just to confirm there's nothing extra showing specifically for widgets (which I honestly wouldn't expect there to be) I'll put together the relevant debug build Smile

(As regards the control errors: the first lot you see are purely down to speed - it's quicker for Skin Shortcuts to try and set the label for a control and fail that it is for the script to actually test for the existence of the control in the first place; the second are down to the way that Skin Shortcuts abuses the select dialog in order to show images. Neither are anything to worry about.)
Forgive me Bob, I apologise for wasting your time, completely lost the plot recently!

I've been trying to add a new TV submenu item and wanted to add Top rated TV shows (MOIVEDB) but like I said in action or 'choose item' I couldn't see any library data provider or skin.helper options, which this item is.

Now if I go and add a widget what a surprise the options are there and this one is available for selection.

So, is there anything I can do to option these options to submenu items?
We've all been there Mike, and I'm kind of relieved in a way as I had absolutely no clue what might have been causing the issue Smile

The script makes a clear definition between menu items and widgets. Menu items are static shortcuts to different areas of Kodi, widgets are dynamically filled lists. So there's no way for a submenu to be filled as a widget would be (unless the skin uses the widget implementation for its submenus...)

The closest you'll get is to create a shortcut to the Extended Info script - 'Choose item for menu' or 'Change action' >> 'Add-On >' >> 'Video Add-On >' >> 'ExtendedInfo Script >' >> [Whatever the appropriate node then is] >> 'Create shortcut to here'.

I don't currently have Library Data Provider installed to know if it shows up under video add-ons itself. Same situation with Skin Helper Service, though my memory is that that one does show up. If they do, you can do it the same way for a shortcut to their content. If not, you can grab the relevant path out of your skins overrides.xml file and use a custom action.

(Or you could ask Mr. V really nicely if he wants to extend his widgets to also act as submenus Tongue)
Hi Bob:

Regarding your post in the zepher page

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid2284606

After i replace the contents of addons/script.skinshortcuts, where do I go to edit the path's to use the auto reload? I looked in the area where you select the widget but there is no way option to edit......is there a specific file I need to find? Please help Sad
Hi,

Could you sync translations with Transifex please. Some of the languages very out of date.
(2016-03-24, 23:56)queeup Wrote: Hi,

Could you sync translations with Transifex please. Some of the languages very out of date.

Thanks for the reminder, will do shortly
Hi Bob,

Just doing some testing of some of the new features.

Property Groups and getting values from Python are working great. (really a big help in reducing the code and will make any changes much easier down the track.)

Setting a property based on multiple elements aren't working as I expected. The property is set when the first match is found, any chance of making it so that it must match all 3 properties?
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Thanks for the feedback Mr. V. Sounds like I misunderstood what you wanted when setting a property based on multiple elements, but it should be easy enough to rectify it - I'll give you a ping on git when it's PR'd Smile
Cheers mate.

I'll be sure to test it out. Thank you. Smile
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8