• 1(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
script.skinshortcuts

About:
Skin Shortcuts is a script used by skins to manage user shortcuts, including main menus, sub menus and custom widgets.

Features:
  • Unlimited menu items
  • Create shortcuts to almost anything - library, add-ons, favourites, sources, UPnP and more
  • Rearrange, add and delete shortcuts as you want
  • Override actions
  • Create shortcuts directly to a node provided by an add-on
  • Create shortcuts to only show library content from a particular source
  • Choose backgrounds and widgets for each of your menu items
  • Keep your customised menu if you switch to another skin using the script

Download:
Available In Official Kodi Repository.

GitHub repository:
https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts

Wiki Page:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Skin_Shortcuts

Please note:

* This is a thread primarily aimed at discussing skin integration and the development of the script
* If you have a general issue with the script you should first post in the relevant thread for the skin that you are using. Most issues will be solved there, and - if not - you may then be referred to this thread
* If you are reporting a bug with the script you must include a debug log (wiki) - just telling us there is a bug is of absolutely no use in actually fixing it
* If you do post in the thread about an issue with the script and don't include a debug log - or have a general usage question and haven't first posted in the relevant skin thread - you won't receive a warm welcome

Just so you know - and with huge thanks to flhthemi as the singer and re-writer of the lyrics - anyone posting about an bug with the script without including a debug log will now be referred to a nice song about how there's a Big Bug Somewhere, rather than receiving actual assistance.
Very nice, I'll test it as soon as I have the time. This could be the start of having the same shortcuts across different skins.
Thanks Black. Any testing you could do would be fantastic.

Yes, if skins use the same group name, the shortcuts would be shared across skins.

(Edit: I thought your name sounded familiar, so I checked. The code to list favourites I used was also yours, so may I extend my thanks for that code.)
Cool idea, will also try it out
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Appreciated, Mudislander.
Hi 'Black and Mudislander - did either of you have the time to try this? Would love any feedback you might have. (Especially negative - that's the best way to learn Wink)
OK just had a quick look. Looks like a nice improvement, especially Up/Down featureSmile

I didn't have time to try to incorporate this on main menu items yet but I wonder how can we know if a user is on a Movies item in order to display, say, recently added?

Thanks.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Problem when using it for main menu is that it loads only the custom entries. Ideally it would import a default main menu from a text file or whatever else is convenient. Then you can easily switch those default entries around too and add custom entries to that list.
Thanks for the feedback. I use two sub-menus for each menu item on my home skin, so hadn't thought about incorporating the 'standard' submenu items. (I presume you're referring to those that Confluence for example provides to jump straight to a particular part of the library.)

Should be very possible to load a skin-set list of items for the menu as you suggest BigNoid. Alternatively (thinking aloud here) it should be possible to provide a set of 'default' items for the user to choose from - so for movies, the user can pick 'recently added', 'sets', 'genre' and so on. Would probably also need to provide a default set of links as well. I'll have a play and see what I can do.
Peckino - I've updated it on Git to now support all the library shortcuts such as recently added, genre, artist, etc, along with defaults equivalent to Confluence if the user hasn't set any custom shortcuts. Does that answer your original question?

BigNoid - If the user hasn't set any shortcuts, it'll now try to load defaults from a shortcuts subdirectory in the skin (before loading the Confluence equivalent defaults). Does that work for you?
Works a treat, thx.
If anyone wants to test, make a shortcuts folder in your skin directory, put a file the with extension .db and fill it with syntax like this:
Code:
[['Put your label1 here', 'Put your Label2 here', 'Put your Icon here', 'Put your Thumbnail image here', 'ActivateWindow(Weather)'],
[xbmc.getLocalizedString(31951), 'Label2', 'special://skin/backgrounds/pictures/default.jpg', xbmc.getInfoLabel('Skin.String(CustomPicturesBg)'), 'ActivateWindow(Pictures)']]
.db is way way to confusing.
Pick a more clear extension
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-12-05, 00:10)Martijn Wrote: .db is way way to confusing.
Pick a more clear extension

Fair point Smile

I've changed it to the hopefully much clearer .shortcuts

(2013-12-05, 00:09)BigNoid Wrote: Works a treat, thx.
If anyone wants to test, make a shortcuts folder in your skin directory, put a file the with extension .db and fill it with syntax like this:
Code:
['Put your label1 here', 'Put your Label2 here', 'Put your Icon here', 'Put your Thumbnail image here', 'ActivateWindow(Weather)'],
[xbmc.getLocalizedString(31951), 'Label2', 'special://skin/backgrounds/pictures/default.jpg', xbmc.getInfoLabel('Skin.String(CustomPicturesBg)'), 'ActivateWindow(Pictures)']]

Great that it's working for you, but your syntax isn't quite right (which is why I suggest using skinshortcuts to create the file in the first place...) - it should have another
Code:
[
at the start.

(and obviously now named .shortcuts rather than .db)
Hehe c/p error, edited original post.
Very easily done, and many thanks for your example - I hadn't figured out how skinners could localize the .shortcuts file. Now I know about xbmc.getLocalizedString() that's sorted, and (when I haven't got a beer in my hand) I'll update the whole script to use that, so all shortcuts should (eventually) always be localized.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8