• 52(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
From a very quick test, yes it can.
(2015-10-06, 17:44)Hitcher Wrote: Interesting, can myWidgetIdentifier be part info label and part normal label?

eg

Code:
<onclick>SetProperty(widgetID,$INFO[Container(211).ListItem.Label]_Widget_1)</onclick>
<onclick>SetProperty(widgetID,$INFO[Container(211).ListItem.Label]_Widget_2)</onclick>

That looks like a nice generic solution, will have a play with this later tonight. Cheers guys.
Nice, one step closer to total user customization.
Current Titan beta also use all features, including templates. If you need any help, let me know
Thanks, it will be a while as I'm concentrating on Copacetic right now.
(2015-10-06, 14:51)BobCratchett Wrote: Set grouping=widget - that will show the same options as when using GUI 312 (along with the behaviour where, for example, the script won't ask whether to play/display a playlist). All of the options there should return a list property usable as a widget... (Just as the example in your post above should be usable)

Just a note about this method (Just Select + grouping="widget").

If you define skin included widgets, there is no way to pass the path="" to skinList attribute. It will always pass the widgetID instead
(i.e. <widget label="labelID" path="pathID">widgetID</widget>)

I had to change all my widgetIDs to be the same as the pathID to pass it through.

Not a big issue for me as I've now changed my overrides, but there maybe should be a way if the pathID is supplied to pass that through as skinList and only send widgetID if no path attribute is supplied? Or maybe there is some scenario I'm not thinking about.

I can see the value in passing widgetID if no path is supplied - for instance, its good for me to provide a weather widget etc.
However, I cant see a scenario where I would want the widgetID for JustSelect if I have also supplied a pathID.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Good point. It's just going to be easier to code up a `Just Select Widgets` function, isn't it? Wink (Note, I'll be trying to PR this along with several other feature requests before the end of the week. Docs on the branch of my fork).
Amazing work on the documantions, bravo!

Just thinking, what about having a menu that is password protected? for adults content etc..
I know about proflies, but I think we all prefer to use one single profile for all of our needs...
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
You could probably do something really hacky (and not at all secure) by overriding all actions in a menu.

Code:
<override action="globaloverride" group="[menu id]">
    <condition>StringCompare(Skin.String(password),[mysecretpassword])</condition>
</override>
<override action="globaloverride" group="[menu id]">
    <condition>!StringCompare(Skin.String(password),[mysecretpassword])</condition>
    <action>Skin.SetString(password)</action>
</override>

(remembering to replace [menu id] with the actual group name of the menu, and of course setting [mysecretpassword] to something).

Maybe even combine it with a AlarmClock to reset the skin string after a few seconds. However, it would be very easily by-passable, and would be user specific (unless your skin builds an additional menu just for non-family-friendly shortcuts).

To be done properly would need someone with skinning and python experience, and the interest in parental controls, to think through exactly what changes would be needed (and all the different scenarios, to ensure it would work well). I can't personally think of a good way this could be done.
(2015-10-07, 01:56)BobCratchett Wrote: Good point. It's just going to be easier to code up a `Just Select Widgets` function, isn't it? Wink (Note, I'll be trying to PR this along with several other feature requests before the end of the week. Docs on the branch of my fork).

Excellent! Thanks for this Big Grin
Maybe I can add the parental lock to the skin helper service?
(2015-10-07, 11:38)marcelveldt Wrote: Maybe I can add the parental lock to the skin helper service?

It would be great..
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Are templates available in the Helix version of skinshortcuts? I thought support was added in version 0.5.3, though it doesn't seem to work the the Helix repo version of 0.5.4. I am attempting to use them in the skin I am currently working on, and while the Isengard version works perfectly, the Helix version doesn't generate my submenus. Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry, but templates are 0.6.0 or higher, which is only available on Isengard and Jarvis.

(The version numbers got a little messed up when it came to the repo push due to an unforeseen incompatibility - 0.5.3 was renumbered 0.6.0 for Isengard, whilst the last 0.4.x release was renumbered 0.5.4 for Helix.) I see on your skins thread you're seeing wrong version info on git - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts shows templates as being new in 0.6.0...?
The readme on https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...bump_addon (which I believe was on the master branch for a while too) shows 0.5.4. Sorry for the confusion if I'm wrong, but that was where I was sourcing my info.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8