• 54(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2015-10-08, 19:41)BobCratchett Wrote: @Jayz2K - not that you don't have enough to do with all the customisations you're working on for the home screen, I'd love to see what you could do with it!
Well, the new Home layout opens up new "possible" customization upgrades (thanks to you Wink ). I had an idea in mind some times ago I could achieve now but I'm not sure about what vertical menu does ? Maybe I'm wrong on what it is intended. Is refocus the only skin using it atm ?
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
It builds both the submenu and the mainmenu into a single list so that the submenu items appear in-line with the main menu ones, appearing when the user first clicks on the main menu item. Have a look at the second screenshot here.

AFAIK it is.

(I just tried to get some of my own screenshots for it from reFocus, and, well, the hiding-the-sub-menu-items didn't appear to be working too well - probably because I have some hidden items in my menu - so it may need a small fix before it works perfectly. Still useable, though.)
(2015-10-08, 19:56)BobCratchett Wrote: It builds both the submenu and the mainmenu into a single list so that the submenu items appear in-line with the main menu ones, appearing when the user first clicks on the main menu item. Have a look at the second screenshot here.

AFAIK it is.

(I just tried to get some of my own screenshots for it from reFocus, and, well, the hiding-the-sub-menu-items didn't appear to be working too well - probably because I have some hidden items in my menu - so it may need a small fix before it works perfectly. Still useable, though.)
AhAh ... Perfect ! Will dig this one. However, how this reacts when list is set horizontal ? Works then as a dropdown ? This should the be exactly what I needed with no need to rebuild such a menu Wink

Nope, it wouldn't drop them down in horizontal, they would still just appear in-line with the main menu items. You can use the tradition separate mainmenu/submenu includes, and a global override to achieve that, though...
(2015-10-08, 20:07)BobCratchett Wrote: Nope, it wouldn't drop them down in horizontal, they would still just appear in-line with the main menu items. You can use the tradition separate mainmenu/submenu includes, and a global override to achieve that, though...
Best is to give it try. Maybe I can sort something of this Wink ...

Talking about overrides. I'm trying to get a groupoverride working for all submenus, however I can't figure out a way to do it.

Basically I have this for the main menu (id 9000) which works perfectly
Code:
<groupoverride group="mainmenu" condition="true">SetProperty(FO9001,2,home)</groupoverride>

However, I can't get the same behaviour for the submenu
Code:
<groupoverride group="submenu" condition="true">SetProperty(FO9001,2,home)</groupoverride>

Removing the group="submenu" or leaving it empty doesn't seem to work.
Basically, I need a way to trigger an additional action before the onclick using
condition="!IsEmpty(Container(9002).ListItem.Property(isSubmenu))"
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@jurialmunkey - I've just updated my open PR to make the 'group' optional for global overrides, so you can apply one to all shortcuts. Can you please test and let me know if it works. Cheers.

(And if you were very quick of the mark can you please try again - how on earth do I mess up adding 4 words to some code? Blush)

@tomer953 - with this truly global override, you could extend the parental controls hack with the addition of a custom property...

Code:
<override action="globaloverride">
    <condition>IsEmpty(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(ParentalControl)) | StringCompare(Skin.String(mypassword),1234)</condition>
    <action>::ACTION::</action>
</override>
<override action="globaloverride">
    <condition>!IsEmpty(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(ParentalControl)) + !StringCompare(Skin.String(mypassword),1234)</condition>
    <action>Skin.SetString(mypassword)</action>
</override>

With the custom property either setting or clearing the ParentalControls property. That should mean that you could lock any main menu item, and its submenu items would lock as well. It's still a hack, though Wink
Thanks Bob, If I will let users to set their pass from the gui (skinsettings for example) - what should I put in the second <override/> instead of the Skin.Setstring action? delete it ?
I will try all of this in the next week, I'm dealing with something else these days.. so ill check it out - many thanks.

b.t.w, I found an error in the log, when I reset my skin (with skin helper script) -
http://pastebin.com/1K6KzLju
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
That would be entirely skinners choice. The code I posted is just a really simple example of what might (I've not actually tested it) be possible if and when the updated global overrides code lands. How you check whether the user has entered the correct password (the conditions), and how you let them enter the password (the Skin.SetString) is entirely in the your hands, depending on how you want to implement it Smile

That's a known error, and is handled by the script. When the script can't load the .hash file for the skin, we print the error to the log in case it's something we need to fix, though the script keeps running - it takes the .hash file not being able to be loaded as a sign it needs to (re)build the menu. In this case, though, it's because the file doesn't exist.
Hi Bob,

I am still working on adding a vertical menu using skin.shortcuts and everything seems to be working great except for one issue that I am hoping you can assist me with.

I added
Code:
&amp;options=clonebackgrounds
to the end of the build line so the backgrounds of the submenu would be the same as the main menu but it is not working for me Sad

Any ideas or pointers?

As always, thank you for your time Smile
Can confirm it does appear to be broken (and I've just found a 'clonewidgets' option whilst glancing at the code which is similarly broken, not updated for the new widget properties, and which I'm not sure I ever knew existed! I love surprises Smile). I'll try to look at it tonight, but it's more likely I'll fix it at some point after the F1 tomorrow.
(2015-10-10, 20:43)BobCratchett Wrote: Can confirm it does appear to be broken (and I've just found a 'clonewidgets' option whilst glancing at the code which is similarly broken, not updated for the new widget properties, and which I'm not sure I ever knew existed! I love surprises Smile). I'll try to look at it tonight, but it's more likely I'll fix it at some point after the F1 tomorrow.

Absolutely no rush on this... Enjoy the F1 and take some "you" time Big Grin
Can't recall getting any 'me' time since the grandkids were born Wink

Turns out it was a really easy fix - the code has got a little out of order at some point, so the properties to be cloned were being saved, then a few lines later they were being cleared. Can you please confirm the fix works, I'll then PR it. (Just for kicks I fixed + documented the clonewidgets too, and added an extra option - cloneproperties - to clone everything).

And I'll do my best to have tomorrow to myself Big Grin
(2015-10-10, 21:38)BobCratchett Wrote: Can't recall getting any 'me' time since the grandkids were born Wink

Turns out it was a really easy fix - the code has got a little out of order at some point, so the properties to be cloned were being saved, then a few lines later they were being cleared. Can you please confirm the fix works, I'll then PR it. (Just for kicks I fixed + documented the clonewidgets too, and added an extra option - cloneproperties - to clone everything).

And I'll do my best to have tomorrow to myself Big Grin

It is working perfectly Smile

The clone properties will be a very handy addition Nod

Thanks Bob!

You have to take some time for yourself... It is an order, sir! Tongue

Grandkids... My first is only 3 with the second still baking. Only a parent for a brief time but so far it already feels like it is going too fast. I cannot even imagine my little guy with kids of his own... Lots to look forward to Blush
Yes Sir! Confusedmart salute: Wink

PR is now open with fixes, thanks for reporting and testing.

Enjoy it, it's a great time. Having said that, whilst I loved being a parent they were that age, I prefer the role of grandparent - this time I know what I'm doing, and can give them back whenever I want Wink
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8