• 92(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
Doh! I only now realize you are the same kind soul that was trying to help me in the Transparency! section. A double thank you, then!
I tried using your version but when I realized it had the home backgrounds non working I thought it might have been better to start from scratch.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Hi Bob,

I noticed that something was change in the backgrounds management.
see this ?
http://imgur.com/KUquK2v

I remember I asked it sometime in the past, and It worked fine.
Code:
<background label="$VAR[wall_movieslabel]">wallmovies</background>
    <background label="$VAR[wall_tvshowslabel]">walltvshows</background>
    <background label="$VAR[wall_musiclabel]">wallmusic</background>
in the overrides.xml
and the vars are working fine after I select them, but in the dialog select they are not showing as should and did before...

new syntax or something?
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2016-04-05, 19:30)tomer953 Wrote: Hi Bob,

see this ?

Code:
in the overrides.xml
and the vars are working fine after I select them, but in the dialog select they are not showing as should and did before...

new syntax or something?

Assuming they should be showing the translated value of the variable, are you up for testing the fix? Smile
(2016-04-05, 21:04)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 19:30)tomer953 Wrote: Hi Bob,

see this ?

Code:
in the overrides.xml

new syntax or something?

Assuming they should be showing the translated value of the variable, are you up for testing the fix? Smile

it's working. thx :] Wink
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Thanks for testing. Github is playing up a little for me, but I'll merge it when I'm able.
Post deleted
(2016-04-14, 03:10)mikeauto Wrote: Could you guys give an example on where to add the &a=1, so I can trick Kodi into not caching that submenu.

No. If you have any issues with any banned add-ons (wiki), you need to find a forum where they're supported to ask your questions.
Sorry, didn't realize that
Hey guys,

Sorry for my bad english.

Man Thanks for this great script an all of our hadr work to support..

First small type issue in your redame on github

https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...widgets.md
Code:
<content target="$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgetTarget)]">$INFO[Contianer(9000).ListItem.Property(widgetPath)]</content>

$INFO[Contianer(9000).ListItem.Property(widgetPath)]</content>
it tooks me hours to find the reason why your example didn´t workSmile

I integrate your script in my skin, works great..
But have one of you an Example how the toggle button works?
I test it with different examples an it makes nothing with my coding skills.

Example (Skin Shortcuts" version="1.0.7"):

Code:
<propertySettings toggle="widgetInfo" buttonID="522" templateonly="False" />
the button 522 in die script dialog should toggle the property widgetinfo true/false for the Widgetinfo and write it in the mainmenue
as property for the handling of the infoline above a widget.
Testet in different variations with the optional arguments..

as normal property it works
Code:
    <propertySettings property="widgetInfo" buttonID="522" title="Widget info" showNone="true"/>
    <property property="widgetInfo" label="Anzeigen" condition="![StringCompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetType),favourite) | Substring(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetPath),library://video/movies/genres.xml/,right) | Substring(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetPath),library://video/movies/years.xml/,right) | Substring(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetPath),library://video/movies/studios.xml/,right) | Substring(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetPath),library://video/movies/actors.xml/,right) | Substring(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetPath),library://video/movies/directors.xml/,right) | Substring(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetPath),library://video/movies/country.xml/,right) | Substring(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetPath),library://video/tvshows/genres.xml/,right) | Substring(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetPath),library://video/tvshows/years.xml/,right) | Substring(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetPath),library://video/tvshows/studios.xml/,right) | Substring(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetPath),library://video/tvshows/actors.xml/,right) | Substring(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widget),extended) | Stringcompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetTarget),pictures) | Stringcompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widget),Addon-Pinboard) | Stringcompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widget),PVR-Pinboard) | StringCompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widget),weather) | StringCompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widget),TV-movie) | StringCompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widget),News) | StringCompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widget),NewsFeed) | StringCompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widget),Systeminfo)]">true</property>
    <propertyfallback property="widgetInfo" attribute="false" value="false">false</propertyfallback>
but it displays the selectdialog wich true/fals as option, not ideal..

a custom click as toggle seems to work
Code:
        <control type="radiobutton" id="526">
            <description>Change widget 1 info on/off</description>
            <radioposx>730</radioposx>
            <include>HomeSettings-MainMenuSlotSettingsButtonLayout</include>
            <label>Widget1 - info test</label>
            <label2>$INFO[Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetInfo2)]</label2>
            <onclick>SetProperty(customProperty,widgetInfo)</onclick>
            <onclick condition="!IsEmpty(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetInfo))">SetProperty(customValue,)</onclick>
            <onclick condition="IsEmpty(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetInfo))">SetProperty(customValue,True)</onclick>
            <onclick>SendClick(404)</onclick>
            <selected>!IsEmpty(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetInfo))</selected>
        </control>

but how works the toggleoption in the script for better understanding what I doWink?

Regards
@Marc0810 - Apologies for the typo and thanks for reporting it. Unfortunately I'm not that good a typist, so I'm sure it's not the only one in the docs. I'll make sure it gets fixed on git next time the docs get updated.

Regarding defining a control to toggle a property, it's a new feature in version 1.0.8 which isn't yet in the repo. An example of it's use in a skin: overrides, management dialog.

The docs on git always refer to the git version, and a list of what has been added is near the top of the readme. If you're targeting a specific version of the script you can browse the docs for that version by using the tags feature of git - these are the docs for version 1.0.7 (the current version on the repo).

Look forward to seeing what you've come up with using the script Smile
(2016-04-22, 11:36)BobCratchett Wrote: @Marc0810 - Apologies for the typo and thanks for reporting it. Unfortunately I'm not that good a typist, so I'm sure it's not the only one in the docs. I'll make sure it gets fixed on git next time the docs get updated.

Regarding defining a control to toggle a property, it's a new feature in version 1.0.8 which isn't yet in the repo. An example of it's use in a skin: overrides, management dialog.

The docs on git always refer to the git version, and a list of what has been added is near the top of the readme. If you're targeting a specific version of the script you can browse the docs for that version by using the tags feature of git - these are the docs for version 1.0.7 (the current version on the repo).

Look forward to seeing what you've come up with using the script Smile

Hey,

Ah, that make sence why it doesent workWink..
Thanks for the note.

And again, great work of you guys.

Our skin strongly needs the script (too many strings in the current version), and I´m surprise what is possible with the script.
The script ist very difficult and the questions are very specific to explain with my english.
But this already becomes...

Regards
Hi I'm currently trying to modify a skin, Arctic Zephyr, so that as well as displaying widgets in the main Home menu, it also displays them for sub menu items.

Is there a way to do this with script.skinshortcuts, I've seen this reference to it here which I think is what I'm after - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh.../issues/56 but not sure how to implement.

Can anyone give me a headstart?
Hi Bob,

Had a slight issue, was checking out Marcels Titan Beta skin and when I went back to Madnox it has completely lost all my menus settings?

Is there a specific xml somewhere? I have a recent backup so I can hopefully just restore the xml?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-04-23, 12:19)willcmuk Wrote: Hi I'm currently trying to modify a skin, Arctic Zephyr, so that as well as displaying widgets in the main Home menu, it also displays them for sub menu items.

Is there a way to do this with script.skinshortcuts, I've seen this reference to it here which I think is what I'm after - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh.../issues/56 but not sure how to implement.

There are two elements to doing this, only one of which we're really going to be able to assist you with here.

Firstly, you need to allow widgets to be set for submenu items. This should be relatively easy - just edit the script-skinshortcuts.xml file to remove any visibility condition on the button which sets widgets (normally 312). See here for controls used in the management dialog.

Secondly, you need to edit Artic Zephyr's code so it displays the widgets - you need to follow through the existing code and extend it to work with submenu items. It will work one of two ways - either as described here, where a list is filled with the properties of the selected menu items widgetPath, or via templates - to do it the template way for submenu's is only possible with version 1.0.8 of the script, and with the new submenuOther templates. Either way, you'll need to understand and modify the existing Artic Zephyr code to do this, and I'm not aware that anyone overly familiar with that skins code follows this thread closely...

(The issue you linked to is something else - using a submenu as a widget)

(2016-04-23, 18:13)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi Bob,

Had a slight issue, was checking out Marcels Titan Beta skin and when I went back to Madnox it has completely lost all my menus settings?

Is there a specific xml somewhere? I have a recent backup so I can hopefully just restore the xml?

They're saved in userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts.

If you ever experience this again and manage to get a debug log of it, I'd be very interested to see it Smile
(2016-04-23, 20:32)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-04-23, 12:19)willcmuk Wrote: Hi I'm currently trying to modify a skin, Arctic Zephyr, so that as well as displaying widgets in the main Home menu, it also displays them for sub menu items.

There are two elements to doing this, only one of which we're really going to be able to assist you with here.

Firstly, you need to allow widgets to be set for submenu items. This should be relatively easy - just edit the script-skinshortcuts.xml file to remove any visibility condition on the button which sets widgets (normally 312). See here for controls used in the management dialog.

Secondly, you need to edit Artic Zephyr's code so it displays the widgets - you need to follow through the existing code and extend it to work with submenu items. It will work one of two ways - either as described here, where a list is filled with the properties of the selected menu items widgetPath, or via templates - to do it the template way for submenu's is only possible with version 1.0.8 of the script, and with the new submenuOther templates. Either way, you'll need to understand and modify the existing Artic Zephyr code to do this, and I'm not aware that anyone overly familiar with that skins code follows this thread closely...

(The issue you linked to is something else - using a submenu as a widget)

Thanks Bob, I've implemented the first fix, I'll see if anyone on the artic zephyr board can help me with the template - thanks again!
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8