• 117(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
Is it possible to "connect" a template to a stand-alone menu, so with no ties to the main menu?

I want to be able to show a group of widgets simultaneously regardless of what the main menu is set to at any given time. One way I thought about going about that is to have a standalone menu that is hidden and set the widgets to that menu.

Hope that makes sense...
@Jereon - why don't you just make the widget in the skin without templates? i.e. make all your menu widgets with templates, but make the standalone ones in the skin and then set them with skin strings using the JustSelect method.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-03-10, 11:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Jereon - why don't you just make the widget in the skin without templates? i.e. make all your menu widgets with templates, but make the standalone ones in the skin and then set them with skin strings using the JustSelect method.

Cheers jm, That was my original implementation Smile

It gets the job done with regards to having the widgets separate from the main menu. However, then I run into other limitations that are solved by using templates. In short, there will be different types of widget groups with several variable properties. The main one being the height of the widgets. And while I can use parameters to adjust the height of the item layouts in a "conventional" implementation, I cannot do the same for the height of the actual container.

For example, I want a widget to take the full height of the screen when it is the only widget configured, and use half of the height when there's two wigets, etc. Things like that.

The templates allow me to resize basically everything on the fly Smile. Maybe I could achieve most of the same result without templates by a lot of code duplication and basically making a setup for every possible combination of widgets, but I am all for lean coding Wink

I have started replacing my original implementation with templates, and the code reduction is enormous already Wink

Basically I guess what I would want is a "clonewidget" function, but for the entire menu and not only submenus. A function that automatically copies the widget setup to all menu items.
@Jereon - I was going to suggest the following, but I think I might have misunderstood you:
Code:
<condition tag="property" attribute="name|group">mainmenu</condition>

I know you can build separate menus, so I'm wondering if you have tried using the <submenuOther container="[ID]"> template with a separately built menu that has a unique id?
(2017-03-10, 16:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Jereon - I was going to suggest the following, but I think I might have misunderstood you:
Code:
<condition tag="property" attribute="name|group">mainmenu</condition>
Doesn't this basically say that the widget in question is available to the main menu? I am probably misunderstanding you, as my experience with templates is quite limited. Not only the available widget types, but also their content has to stay the same when navigating the menu.

Quote:I know you can build separate menus, so I'm wondering if you have tried using the <submenuOther container="[ID]"> template with a separately built menu that has a unique id?
I have, but so far without any luck. But the submenuOther template is completely new to me so I'm probaby doing something wrong..

I think I have (sort of) got it partially working by something Bob mentioned quite a while ago, which is taking out

Code:
<skinshortcuts>visibility</skinshortcuts>

I tried it at the time but couldn't get it to work then. Apart from some solvable issues it seems to do what I want to do now.

Now I have to find out how I can move the controls I had set up in the management dialog for selecting the widgets and their custom properties out of the management dialog as visually they are still linked to the first item in the main menu. So I would rather move them to a separate place.

Cheers Smile
(2017-03-04, 23:02)peppe_sr Wrote: Only to report, using path substitution in advancedsettings.xml the substituted paths are ignored, script point to the original kodi path. i noticed because i'm using remote favourites and trying to add a favourite as menu/submenu i found my old local faves.
Peppe

This is a limitation of Kodi's python api. Nothing can be done about it script-side.

(2017-03-04, 06:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: I've got an unusual request.

Is there any way that I can do an override or some other trick to replace all ActivateWindow with ReplaceWindow?

I know there is ListItem.Property(list), but there isn't a property that supplies the target for the window so I can't do something like ReplaceWindow(target,$INFO[ListItem.Property(list)],return)

Is there some other trick I might do to achieve this? I guess I could have multiple conditions that do String.Contains(ListItem.Property(path),videos) etc. But that seems like a lot of conditions...

Not possible as far as I'm aware.

(2017-03-07, 05:35)jurialmunkey Wrote: @BobCratchett

Pretty sure I found a pretty major bug with submenuOther templates for building submenu widgets.

On krypton, when using templates and building widgets for submenus there is an error with the conditions generated for matching submenu items. submenuOther will generate a condition based upon the LabelID. However, when the LabelID is a localized string it doesn't match because the condition matches to the number not the localized string.

<snip />

Link to issue on github: https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...issues/220

Reached out to you on Git as I can't reproduce this.

(2017-03-08, 13:47)smitchell6879 Wrote: I just looked at it again and that the part I don't understand when I go click the button now I have video add-on which is really just a list of playlist I have in the skin. Then there is extendinfo, library nodes data, and video add-ons a second time... I would like to add favorites and remove the first video add-ons that just list my playlist I am using in the skin.

Right now the group I have is widgets and I have no overrides.

The widget also are not attached to any menu nor do that have and visibility requirments as they are separate standalone.

Define your own <widget-groupings /> (or your own completely custom grouping) in your overrides.xml with just the items that you want. Docs.
(2017-02-20, 16:42)bsoriano Wrote: Hello Bob,

Following is a link for an updated Spanish strings.po, based on current master branch.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFh-QHspLlybsRVlcx8Q

Regards,

Bart

Sorry, only just looked at this. Would you mind just confirming that Kodi correctly picks up all the strings, as there are a few which look to have unusual formatting (which isn't to say the formatting isn't correct...) - for example:

Code:
msgctxt "#32065"
msgid ""
"There are no available items to choose from for the category that you choose."
msgstr ""
"No hay ítems disponibles para seleccionar de la categoría que usted eligió."

Thanks
(2017-03-07, 23:01)Guilouz Wrote: I have a problem with submenu. I have defined by default my submenu shortcuts (with movies.DATA.xml, tvshows.DATA.xml etc...) for my default widgets.

When I select my widget first time and I go to personalize submenu, my submenu is ok but when I change my widget, submenu isn't reloaded and I have submenu from my first widget.

Example :

I select my 'movies' widget first time, I go to personalize submenu, I have my shortcuts corresponding to my 'movies' widget (movies.DATA.xml). All is OK.

But When I change my 'movies' widget to 'tvshows' widget, I go to personalize submenu, I have always shortcuts corresponding to 'movies' widget.

Any idea to fix that ?

BobCratchett ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-03-12, 21:06)Guilouz Wrote:
(2017-03-07, 23:01)Guilouz Wrote: I have a problem with submenu. I have defined by default my submenu shortcuts (with movies.DATA.xml, tvshows.DATA.xml etc...) for my default widgets.

When I select my widget first time and I go to personalize submenu, my submenu is ok but when I change my widget, submenu isn't reloaded and I have submenu from my first widget.

Example :

I select my 'movies' widget first time, I go to personalize submenu, I have my shortcuts corresponding to my 'movies' widget (movies.DATA.xml). All is OK.

But When I change my 'movies' widget to 'tvshows' widget, I go to personalize submenu, I have always shortcuts corresponding to 'movies' widget.

Any idea to fix that ?

BobCratchett ?

In a normal implementation, the widget associated with a menu item and the submenu associated with that menu item have no relation to each other. So what you describe sounds like the expected behaviour.
(2017-03-12, 21:24)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 21:06)Guilouz Wrote:

Example :

Any idea to fix that ?

BobCratchett ?

In a normal implementation, the widget associated with a menu item and the submenu associated with that menu item have no relation to each other. So what you describe sounds like the expected behaviour.

How to link the two then ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-03-12, 17:44)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2017-03-07, 05:35)jurialmunkey Wrote: Pretty sure I found a pretty major bug with submenuOther templates for building submenu widgets
<snip />
Link to issue on github: https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...issues/220
Reached out to you on Git as I can't reproduce this.

Replied on the github issue thread.
Since Kodi variables don't allow numeric values I am wondering if there is a smart way to go about this in templates. Sorry if this is basic..

I have a group of widgets. The width of the container is the same for every widget, the width of their itemlayouts vary. I want the width and the horizontal position of the container to change based on a skin setting or custom property, whichever works best.

So I have tried:

Code:
<property name="left" tag="property" attribute="name|customProperty" value="customValue">128</property>
<property name="left">0</property>

<property name="width" tag="property" attribute="name|customProperty" value="customValue">500</property>
<property name="width">1920</property>

Which in essence works, except it brings Kodi to an absolute crawl.

I am probably missing an obvious more sensible way to do this
Code:
<onclick>
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=widgets&showNone=True&skinWidgetName=discover1.name&skinWidgetTarget=discover1.target&skinWidgetPath=discover1.path)
</onclick>

This is what I am using to select a widget... This opens the dialog select window if I am not mistaken... I want to control what is in the list that is provide when pressing the button... Before you post a hyper link and say just use overrides... I have been told that already and I am to dumb to figure out what I need to do...

Or how to figure out where information in the dailog being shown is coming from..

Any help would be appreciated... I have tried the readme me... And looking at other skins that use it but I can not figure out where to find what I am looking for.

I want to add favorites to this window and I want to remove a seconded video addon shortcut.

Any help will be high appreciated.

Best regards
Steven
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-03-14, 10:14)smitchell6879 Wrote:
Code:
<onclick>
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=widgets&showNone=True&skinWidgetName=discover1.name&skinWidgetTarget=discover1.target&skinWidgetPath=discover1.path)
</onclick>

This is what I am using to select a widget... This opens the dialog select window if I am not mistaken... I want to control what is in the list that is provide when pressing the button... Before you post a hyper link and say just use overrides... I have been told that already and I am to dumb to figure out what I need to do...

Or how to figure out where information in the dailog being shown is coming from..

Any help would be appreciated... I have tried the readme me... And looking at other skins that use it but I can not figure out where to find what I am looking for.

I want to add favorites to this window and I want to remove a seconded video addon shortcut.

Any help will be high appreciated.

Best regards
Steven

Yes I told you already. You need to use the overrides file and set up a grouping. Groupings are what are used to display the list. In this case you want to change the "widget" grouping.

Here is an example for your overrides.
Code:
<widget-groupings>
        <node label="32040">
            <content>playlist-video</content>
        </node>
        <node label="32010">
            <content>addon-video</content>
        </node>
        <content>video</content>

</widget-groupings>

The nodes are the sub categories in the selection list that you enter into (think of them like sub folders). The stuff in between <content> tags is the list of things to show. For instance <content>addon-video</content> will show all your video addons under that node. <content>video</content> will show all the items from the videos section of the library (e.g. movies, tvshows, files, playlists video addons).

In this example you will have a sub folder with all the video playlists, then another subfolder with all the video addons and then underneath that all the video library stuff.

To add your favourites you would add:
Code:
<content>favourite</content>

In many cases you may not want to change the default widget grouping because that will change all widget selection dialogs. In this case you make a custom grouping (i.e. <mycustomname-grouping>). Then you link that with just select method by adding in this paramater to the runscript command:
&amp;grouping=mycustomname

All the details for the groupings are in the wiki:
https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...oupings.md
https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...0Select.md

EDIT: You can get an idea for what the various content types are by looking at the groupings provided by the default skinshortcuts overrides file (it also shows how you can add individual shortcuts)
https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...rrides.xml
Thank you very much that actually makes some sense now... Can I guess the nodes label is just whatever I want localized in the string.po? I really do appreciate you taking g the time to explain it that way will try it out tonight.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8