• 118(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2017-03-14, 11:46)smitchell6879 Wrote: Thank you very much that actually makes some sense now... Can I guess the nodes label is just whatever I want localized in the string.po? I really do appreciate you taking g the time to explain it that way will try it out tonight.
Yeah its just a localized string.
Also you can add multiple things within a node, including additional nodes. You can also add individual shortcuts. For example:
Code:
<shortcut label="$LOCALIZE[33060]" type="$LOCALIZE[31018]" icon="special://skin/extras/icons/power.png">ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</shortcut>
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Having a problem with my Chroma skin after updating to Krypton. In the LiveTV shortcut in mainmenu the <visible> tag uses System.GetBool(pvrmanager.enabled) to control visibility of the shortcut. That was working in Jarvis, but is not working in Krypton. I have had to comment it out to see the shortcut. My PVR (tvheadend) is working just fine in all other respects.

Any ideas what the issue might be? I've searched the forum but have not found a relevant post.
-- Steve

"I just wanted a media center, not a hobby!"

HW: CPU - Intel Core i3-4130T, RAM - 4GB, Storage: 640GB, TV Tuner - HDHomeRun Connect x3
SW: OS - LibreELEC, Media Center - Kodi 18.5, Skin - Amber, PVR - TVHeadend
(2017-03-14, 18:20)sblack55 Wrote: Having a problem with my Chroma skin after updating to Krypton. In the LiveTV shortcut in mainmenu the <visible> tag uses System.GetBool(pvrmanager.enabled) to control visibility of the shortcut. That was working in Jarvis, but is not working in Krypton. I have had to comment it out to see the shortcut. My PVR (tvheadend) is working just fine in all other respects.

Any ideas what the issue might be? I've searched the forum but have not found a relevant post.

The script doesn't add 'System.GetBool(pvrmanager.enabled)' to PVR shortcuts (the visibility conditions it does add are here), so this is likely coming from Chroma - possibly visibility conditions it adds to the default shortcuts it provides (or the first Skin Shortcuts-using skin, if you used one prior to Chroma and haven't reset your menu). You might try deleting the PVR menu's and adding new ones, otherwise you need to take this up with the relevant skinner.
(2017-03-13, 02:14)Guilouz Wrote: How to link the two then ?

If I understand correctly what you're trying to do then I can't offer any advice on doing this, as it's just not something the script is designed to do.

(2017-03-13, 20:22)Jeroen Wrote: Since Kodi variables don't allow numeric values I am wondering if there is a smart way to go about this in templates. Sorry if this is basic..

I have a group of widgets. The width of the container is the same for every widget, the width of their itemlayouts vary. I want the width and the horizontal position of the container to change based on a skin setting or custom property, whichever works best.
So I have tried:

Code:
<property name="left" tag="property" attribute="name|customProperty" value="customValue">128</property>
<property name="left">0</property>

<property name="width" tag="property" attribute="name|customProperty" value="customValue">500</property>
<property name="width">1920</property>

Which in essence works, except it brings Kodi to an absolute crawl.

I am probably missing an obvious more sensible way to do this

I use a very similar method with no issues - and, as the final template should have the values written in, it really shouldn't cause any performance issues that I can think of. It's worth checking that the final built template looks as you expect it to. Alternatives could be using multiple templates depending on conditions, or having different includes dependant on properties. You can even get creative with a little bit of Python....
(2017-03-14, 11:02)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 10:14)smitchell6879 Wrote:
Code:
<onclick>
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=widgets&showNone=True&skinWidgetName=discover1.name&skinWidgetTarget=discover1.target&skinWidgetPath=discover1.path)
</onclick>

This is what I am using to select a widget... This opens the dialog select window if I am not mistaken... I want to control what is in the list that is provide when pressing the button... Before you post a hyper link and say just use overrides... I have been told that already and I am to dumb to figure out what I need to do...

Or how to figure out where information in the dailog being shown is coming from..

Any help would be appreciated... I have tried the readme me... And looking at other skins that use it but I can not figure out where to find what I am looking for.

I want to add favorites to this window and I want to remove a seconded video addon shortcut.

Any help will be high appreciated.

Best regards
Steven

Yes I told you already. You need to use the overrides file and set up a grouping. Groupings are what are used to display the list. In this case you want to change the "widget" grouping.

Here is an example for your overrides.
Code:
<widget-groupings>
        <node label="32040">
            <content>playlist-video</content>
        </node>
        <node label="32010">
            <content>addon-video</content>
        </node>
        <content>video</content>

</widget-groupings>

The nodes are the sub categories in the selection list that you enter into (think of them like sub folders). The stuff in between <content> tags is the list of things to show. For instance <content>addon-video</content> will show all your video addons under that node. <content>video</content> will show all the items from the videos section of the library (e.g. movies, tvshows, files, playlists video addons).

In this example you will have a sub folder with all the video playlists, then another subfolder with all the video addons and then underneath that all the video library stuff.

To add your favourites you would add:
Code:
<content>favourite</content>

In many cases you may not want to change the default widget grouping because that will change all widget selection dialogs. In this case you make a custom grouping (i.e. <mycustomname-grouping>). Then you link that with just select method by adding in this paramater to the runscript command:
&amp;grouping=mycustomname

All the details for the groupings are in the wiki:
https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...oupings.md
https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...0Select.md

EDIT: You can get an idea for what the various content types are by looking at the groupings provided by the default skinshortcuts overrides file (it also shows how you can add individual shortcuts)
https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...rrides.xml

Works Like a Dream Thank you again ... So simple... Thanks
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Hi All,

I'm new to skin mods, so please apologize if I'm asking something that to you may look "really basic". Wink

I'm actually trying to mod the Estuary skin with just some simple features (I know that there are currently different mods available, but they are going really more far with respect to what I would need). In particular I'm interested in editing the Home main menu, (maybe) the submenus and the various widgets.

I started to read and implement the Basic Integration - Main menu and submenu tutorial but I'm actually stuck at the Displaying the menus point. Where Am I supposed to insert the skinshortcuts-mainmenu and skinshortcuts-submenu entries? In addition, is the proposed code

Code:
<control type="list" id="9000">
    <include>mainmenu-position-and-appearance</include>
    <content><include>skinshortcuts-mainmenu</include></content>
</control>

valid for both?

Thanks in advance for any clarification. Smile
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
As the example you copied shows, you put them in an <include /> element within the <content /> tag of the list that you want to display the relevant menu in. The process is the same for the main menu and the submenu - so the example can be used for both - but obviously you need to ensure that you're using a different id for each one.

Skin Shortcuts is a complex script and it can take time to get your head around. It's often worth taking a look at how other skins are using it to get some idea of how it all fits together and what can be done with it. For example, this is where I include the main menu for one of the home layouts in my own skin.
New question
Code:

That works perfect to list all the items in favorites..

Is there a way to use that list as a widget?

Use a widget is not a option when I open it thatall away
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-03-15, 13:43)smitchell6879 Wrote: New question
Code:

That works perfect to list all the items in favorites..

Is there a way to use that list as a widget?

Use a widget is not a option when I open it thatall away

No, that can't be used for a widget. As far as I know - and certainly the case when I wrote the code originally - Kodi doesn't provide a path that can be used to fill a list for favourites, and so Skin Shortcuts can't make it available as a widget by default. If I remember correctly Skin Helper provides a favourite widget which you could add to your customised grouping.

Hope you don't mind me quickly quoting the docs, as its certainly relevant for favourites:

Code:
Note:- when customising <widget-groupings />, only the <content /> tags that are present in Skin Shortcuts own implementation should be used, as others won't provide shortcuts than can be used as widgets.
(2017-03-15, 11:41)BobCratchett Wrote: As the example you copied shows, you put them in an <include /> element within the <content /> tag of the list that you want to display the relevant menu in. The process is the same for the main menu and the submenu - so the example can be used for both - but obviously you need to ensure that you're using a different id for each one.

Skin Shortcuts is a complex script and it can take time to get your head around. It's often worth taking a look at how other skins are using it to get some idea of how it all fits together and what can be done with it. For example, this is where I include the main menu for one of the home layouts in my own skin.

Thanks Bob for your answer.

I have implemented the following modifications just to try to add a new menu item in Estuary (Kodi 17.1 RC1):

Home.xml
Code:
<onload>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;group=mainmenu)</onload>
            <control type="fixedlist" id="9000">
                    <left>0</left>
                    <top>240</top>
                    <content>
                        <include>skinshortcuts-mainmenu</include>
                    </content>
            </control>

SkinSettings.xml
Code:
<onunload>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;group=mainmenu)</onunload>

Include.xml
Code:
<include file="script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml"/>

keyboard.xml
Code:
<f11>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&amp;group=mainmenu)</f11>

If I press F11 button, the configuration page of the main menu appears; I therefore added a new menu item but when I go back to the Home page this doesn't show up. I have tried to exit and enter Kodi again but no changes. If I press again F11, in the configuration page the menu item I have created before is there...

Sorry if I'm already stuck at this point...any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In all honesty all anyone can do is guess why it's not working without a debug log Wink

The very first thing to check - are you reloading the skin/restarting Kodi after making any changes to the skin? If not, you need to.

The next thing to check is if Skin Shortcuts is building the menu - do you see the 'Building menu' notification? If not, then the script either isn't being called correctly or is failing at a very early stage.

If you're not seeing it, next I would check how you've setup your development version of Estuary (or are you modding the version bundled directly with Kodi?) - if you haven't, I'd recommend copying it to the users addon folder, and changing the name and id in addon.xml. Then restart Kodi, enable your version of the skin in the addon browser and switch to it. People in this part of the forum will be happy to help you get set up with this sort of thing, but you may need to look at other posts in the area, or post a new thread for help.

After that get yourself a debug log - with the scripts own debug logging option enabled in addition to Kodi's (Settings > Add-Ons > Manage Dependancies) - that will confirm whether the script is being called to write the menu, and show any issues it may be having in doing so.
(2017-03-14, 20:17)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2017-03-13, 02:14)Guilouz Wrote: How to link the two then ?

If I understand correctly what you're trying to do then I can't offer any advice on doing this, as it's just not something the script is designed to do.

(2017-03-13, 20:22)Jeroen Wrote: Since Kodi variables don't allow numeric values I am wondering if there is a smart way to go about this in templates. Sorry if this is basic..

I have a group of widgets. The width of the container is the same for every widget, the width of their itemlayouts vary. I want the width and the horizontal position of the container to change based on a skin setting or custom property, whichever works best.
So I have tried:

Code:
<property name="left" tag="property" attribute="name|customProperty" value="customValue">128</property>
<property name="left">0</property>

<property name="width" tag="property" attribute="name|customProperty" value="customValue">500</property>
<property name="width">1920</property>

Which in essence works, except it brings Kodi to an absolute crawl.

I am probably missing an obvious more sensible way to do this

I use a very similar method with no issues - and, as the final template should have the values written in, it really shouldn't cause any performance issues that I can think of. It's worth checking that the final built template looks as you expect it to. Alternatives could be using multiple templates depending on conditions, or having different includes dependant on properties. You can even get creative with a little bit of Python....

Thanks Bob, I'll have to look to other areas for the performance issue in that case. Yeah, using multiple templates is what I am trying to avoid Smile
(2017-03-14, 20:09)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 18:20)sblack55 Wrote: Having a problem with my Chroma skin after updating to Krypton. In the LiveTV shortcut in mainmenu the <visible> tag uses System.GetBool(pvrmanager.enabled) to control visibility of the shortcut. That was working in Jarvis, but is not working in Krypton. I have had to comment it out to see the shortcut. My PVR (tvheadend) is working just fine in all other respects.

The script doesn't add 'System.GetBool(pvrmanager.enabled)' to PVR shortcuts (the visibility conditions it does add are here), so this is likely coming from Chroma - possibly visibility conditions it adds to the default shortcuts it provides (or the first Skin Shortcuts-using skin, if you used one prior to Chroma and haven't reset your menu). You might try deleting the PVR menu's and adding new ones, otherwise you need to take this up with the relevant skinner.

Thank you Bob. I'll check the Chroma forum.
-- Steve

"I just wanted a media center, not a hobby!"

HW: CPU - Intel Core i3-4130T, RAM - 4GB, Storage: 640GB, TV Tuner - HDHomeRun Connect x3
SW: OS - LibreELEC, Media Center - Kodi 18.5, Skin - Amber, PVR - TVHeadend
(2017-03-15, 19:31)BobCratchett Wrote: In all honesty all anyone can do is guess why it's not working without a debug log Wink

The very first thing to check - are you reloading the skin/restarting Kodi after making any changes to the skin? If not, you need to.

The next thing to check is if Skin Shortcuts is building the menu - do you see the 'Building menu' notification? If not, then the script either isn't being called correctly or is failing at a very early stage.

If you're not seeing it, next I would check how you've setup your development version of Estuary (or are you modding the version bundled directly with Kodi?) - if you haven't, I'd recommend copying it to the users addon folder, and changing the name and id in addon.xml. Then restart Kodi, enable your version of the skin in the addon browser and switch to it. People in this part of the forum will be happy to help you get set up with this sort of thing, but you may need to look at other posts in the area, or post a new thread for help.

After that get yourself a debug log - with the scripts own debug logging option enabled in addition to Kodi's (Settings > Add-Ons > Manage Dependancies) - that will confirm whether the script is being called to write the menu, and show any issues it may be having in doing so.

Thanks for your feedback Bob.

I have actually created a copy of the Estuary skin to be modified and set it as the skin to be used.

The modifications are the ones reported in my previous post. Looking at some other mods, it seems that they are good...just don't work. Confused

Please find hereafter two debug logs as you suggested: the first one is related to the creation of a new menu item called "first trial"...the second is related to restart Kodi...but the changes in the menu are not displayed.

Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.
(2017-03-17, 17:46)axlt2002 Wrote: Thanks for your feedback Bob.

I have actually created a copy of the Estuary skin to be modified and set it as the skin to be used.

The modifications are the ones reported in my previous post. Looking at some other mods, it seems that they are good...just don't work. Confused

Please find hereafter two debug logs as you suggested: the first one is related to the creation of a new menu item called "first trial"...the second is related to restart Kodi...but the changes in the menu are not displayed.

Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

OK, the first log shows that the changes you make to the menu are saving correctly. The second log shows that the menu is being rebuilt and the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file written without issue.

Next things to check: Smile

Make sure that the item you're adding to the menu doesn't have any automatic visibility conditions added to it, or that the conditions are met. For example, a link to the movies library node won't be visible if there aren't actually movies in your library. Skin Shortcuts Docs: Automatic Visibility Conditions

Then it's a case of checking that you're importing the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file and <include />'ing the menu correctly. If you've got the skin on git, give a link to the source and I'll take a quick look to see that it's correct.
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8