• 119(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2017-03-16, 19:36)Jeroen Wrote: Thanks Bob, I'll have to look to other areas for the performance issue in that case. Yeah, using multiple templates is what I am trying to avoid Smile

I'm of the same opinion (though differing templates definitely have their place for very different layouts, such as a vertical and horizontal home screen layout), but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't mention $PARAM's at this point - and the idea that you could use a very simple include in your template with varying $PARAM's - each template is then very simple, but the include has the different layout variables passed directly to it.
Any markdown experts keeping an eye on this thread?

There seems to have been a change to markdown on GitHub recently which has broken some headings and a lot of the links within the docs. I've spent some time trying to fix it, but am failing miserably. Anyone with the time and knowledge to take a look and see what we're doing wrong?

(Skin Shortcuts Docs: Advanced Usage is a great example)

Cheers Smile
(2017-03-18, 07:35)BobCratchett Wrote: Any markdown experts keeping an eye on this thread?

There seems to have been a change to markdown on GitHub recently which has broken some headings and a lot of the links within the docs. I've spent some time trying to fix it, but am failing miserably. Anyone with the time and knowledge to take a look and see what we're doing wrong?

(Skin Shortcuts Docs: Advanced Usage is a great example)

Cheers Smile

From a quick look its because you have spaces in your urls.

EDIT: to deal with your spaces in your links use %20
Code:
[Read More](./Managing%20backgrounds.md)

Your heading isn't working because there isn't a space between the hash # and the title
i.e. in the linked example you have
Code:
#Advanced Usage

it should be
Code:
# Advanced Usage
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@BobCratchett - I submitted a PR fixing the markdown. I might have missed something, but I'm pretty sure I got everything.
(2017-03-18, 04:16)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 19:36)Jeroen Wrote: Thanks Bob, I'll have to look to other areas for the performance issue in that case. Yeah, using multiple templates is what I am trying to avoid Smile
I'm of the same opinion (though differing templates definitely have their place for very different layouts, such as a vertical and horizontal home screen layout)
I should rephrase, multiple templates for this specific goal is what I am trying to avoid Wink I am already using different templates for different types of artwork, and indeed different home screen layouts Smile

Quote:but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't mention $PARAM's at this point - and the idea that you could use a very simple include in your template with varying $PARAM's - each template is then very simple, but the include has the different layout variables passed directly to it.
That's on my todo Smile I am using $PARAM's extensively in my "normal" Kodi xml, but haven't yet looked into how I can apply them in my templates.

Cheers Cool
Can someone please explain how to install Skin Shortcuts in Kodi Krypton? I searched add ons, but it doesn't come up. Thanks for your help!!
(2017-03-18, 18:53)elee532 Wrote: Can someone please explain how to install Skin Shortcuts in Kodi Krypton? I searched add ons, but it doesn't come up. Thanks for your help!!

It will be auto installed by the skin

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I am making on my own skin and have Skin Shortcuts integrated into my skin already (running the latest version of Krypton), but am stuck trying to create a button within SkinSettings.xml that will allow the user to change the background of each of the different menu items set (outside of the management dialog). I will have one button for a single image background, and another for a multi-image background. Creating the button is not the problem, but the <onclick> part of the button is however. I have read through all the docmentation multiple times and come up with what I have below (which is obviously not correct)

<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=property&amp;property=background&amp;value=??&amp;labelID=mainmenu)</onclick>
<onclick>310</onclick>

For reference, I have a button in the management dialog to change the background for each main menu entry, but I am trying to make another tab in SkinSettings.xml to allow changing the same main menu backgrounds. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Issue when creating a new action with source folder :

Code:
20:57:20.335 T:123145440845824   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/gui.py", line 1871, in onClick
                                                selectedShortcut = LIBRARY.selectShortcut()
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/library.py", line 1994, in selectShortcut
                                                return self.selectShortcut( group = group, grouping = grouping, custom = custom, showNone = showNone, currentAction = currentAction )
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/library.py", line 1994, in selectShortcut
                                                return self.selectShortcut( group = group, grouping = grouping, custom = custom, showNone = showNone, currentAction = currentAction )
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/library.py", line 2033, in selectShortcut
                                                selectedShortcut = self._sourcelink_choice( selectedShortcut )
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/library.py", line 1800, in _sourcelink_choice
                                                filename = self._build_playlist( selectedShortcut.getProperty( "location" ), mediaType, selectedShortcut.getLabel(), negative )
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/library.py", line 1846, in _build_playlist
                                                tree.write( os.path.join( DATAPATH, str( id ) + ".xsp" ), encoding="utf-8" )
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target-debug/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 820, in write
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target-debug/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 939, in _serialize_xml
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target-debug/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 939, in _serialize_xml
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target-debug/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 937, in _serialize_xml
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target-debug/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1073, in _escape_cdata
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

xsp file is correctly created but it's not full :

Code:
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Films UHD</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith">
        <value>
 Estuary MOD V2 
Is there any way to create widget templates for a group that is *NOT* the mainmenu or submenu and *NOT* on the home screen??

I want to create a widget template for a hub window so that the widget can change depending on which hub item is focussed without reloading every time. Because the number of items can change, I can't just make X number of hidden widgets with conditional visibility based upon focused item.
Maybe this is a dumb already answered question by is there a way to have 2 actions one menu items click? or 2 onclicks for one menu item... hope this makes sense.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-03-22, 07:17)smitchell6879 Wrote: Maybe this is a dumb already answered question by is there a way to have 2 actions one menu items click? or 2 onclicks for one menu item... hope this makes sense.
There are lots of ways to do this. The best method depends on what you are trying to achieve.

IF you need to just add the same additional onclick to all items then use a groupoverride.
I use this in eminence 2 - have a look at its overrides file for an example (its labelled Additional onclick). The groupoverride I use there just adds an additional onclick action to the user defined one.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.emi...rrides.xml

You can also add conditions to the groupoverride if you need to specify different onclick actions based upon certain conditions. This is the easiest way to do it. You can see how this is done in the Eminence overrides (I use it to set a close condition for power/favourites and also to set some properties for main menu before the main action).

If you want the user to be able to specify two onclick actions (not sure why you would, but perhaps there is a use case). Then you would have to set an additional custom property and then override the onclick by specifying in your list control the onclick action (NOT in the item/focus layout, but in the main definition of the list control (i.e. where you put width, height, orientation etc.)). ListItem.Property(list) is there because that properties is the normally defined onclick action for that menu item.
Code:
<onclick>$INFO[ListItem.Property(custom_property_name)]</onclick>
<onclick>$INFO[ListItem.Property(list)]</onclick>
Thanks I will give it a try later today Big Grin
(2017-03-22, 07:41)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 07:17)smitchell6879 Wrote: Maybe this is a dumb already answered question by is there a way to have 2 actions one menu items click? or 2 onclicks for one menu item... hope this makes sense.
There are lots of ways to do this. The best method depends on what you are trying to achieve.

IF you need to just add the same additional onclick to all items then use a groupoverride.
I use this in eminence 2 - have a look at its overrides file for an example (its labelled Additional onclick). The groupoverride I use there just adds an additional onclick action to the user defined one.

You can also add conditions to the groupoverride if you need to specify different onclick actions based upon certain conditions. This is the easiest way to do it. You can see how this is done in the Eminence overrides (I use it to set a close condition for power/favourites and also to set some properties for main menu before the main action).

If you want the user to be able to specify two onclick actions (not sure why you would, but perhaps there is a use case). Then you would have to set an additional custom property and then override the onclick by specifying in your list control the onclick action (NOT in the item/focus layout, but in the main definition of the list control (i.e. where you put width, height, orientation etc.)). ListItem.Property(list) is there because that properties is the normally defined onclick action for that menu item.
Code:

Building on that could I have the change the onclick action to a on focus action?
(2017-03-22, 07:41)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Code:

Thanks this work perfectly.
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8