• 132(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2020-01-21, 21:23)jdig4240 Wrote: Are there any skins available as of yet that work with the new python3 Skin Shortcuts?
Also, wondering why all these skins show up as available to install in Kodi Matrix repo if they are not yet compatible with python3 skin shortcuts?? Theres no filter or GUI bump in addon.xml for incompatible Leia skins?

@jdig4240, this script is not required for any core Kodi functionality; skinners decide to incorporate it into their skins as a way to have more customizable menus/submenus/widgets. Thus, there are a number of skins that work in Matrix that do not use this skin.

Also, please remember that Python 3 did not become a requirement in Matrix until very recently. In fact, there are still a lot of addons/scripts that have not been migrated yet.

Aeon Nox Silvo works with the python 3 version of script.skinshortcuts, which @mikeSiLVO is maintaining, and Amber works also.

Please note that the python 3 version of script.skinshortcuts is functionally equivalent to the Python 2 version.
Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-21, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-21, 21:23)jdig4240 Wrote: Are there any skins available as of yet that work with the new python3 Skin Shortcuts?
Also, wondering why all these skins show up as available to install in Kodi Matrix repo if they are not yet compatible with python3 skin shortcuts?? Theres no filter or GUI bump in addon.xml for incompatible Leia skins?

@jdig4240, this script is not required for any core Kodi functionality; skinners decide to incorporate it into their skins as a way to have more customizable menus/submenus/widgets. Thus, there are a number of skins that work in Matrix that do not use this skin.

Also, please remember that Python 3 did not become a requirement in Matrix until very recently. In fact, there are still a lot of addons/scripts that have not been migrated yet.

Aeon Nox Silvo works with the python 3 version of script.skinshortcuts, which @mikeSiLVO is maintaining, and Amber works also.

Please note that the python 3 version of script.skinshortcuts is functionally equivalent to the Python 2 version.
Regards,

Bart 

Hmm, ok. Ill have to look at it again. I tried the latest Matrix nightly and Skin shortcuts is not working at all. Just errors. Thats the only reason for my thinking.  For example I tried a fresh install of Kodi matrix and installed Bello 7 . Skin shortcuts doesnt work at all and does not populate the home screen. Same with Emininence. Ill play around some more. Thanks
(2020-01-21, 22:27)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-01-21, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart 

Hmm, ok. Ill have to look at it again. I tried the latest Matrix nightly and Skin shortcuts is not working at all. Just errors. Thats the only reason for my thinking.  For example I tried a fresh install of Kodi matrix and installed Bello 7 . Skin shortcuts doesnt work at all and does not populate the home screen. Same with Emininence. Ill play around some more. Thanks

@jdig4240, the python 3 version of script.skinshortcuts can be found in MikeSilvo's Github (https://github.com/mikesilvo164/script.skinshortcuts. Please ensure you use the pyrhon_3 branch. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-21, 22:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-21, 22:27)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-01-21, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote: @jdig4240, this script is not required for any core Kodi functionality; skinners decide to incorporate it into their skins as a way to have more customizable menus/submenus/widgets. Thus, there are a number of skins that work in Matrix that do not use this skin.

Regards,

Bart 

@jdig4240, the python 3 version of script.skinshortcuts can be found in MikeSilvo's Github (https://github.com/mikesilvo164/script.skinshortcuts. Please ensure you use the pyrhon_3 branch. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Thanks for some clarity. So currently any skins that depend on Skin Shortcuts currently arent working on the latest Matrix with the current Skin Shortcuts version.  The only skins that do work have to be coded to work with Silvos Python3 Skin Shortcuts version. So brings me back to my point of wondering why any skins that depend on Skin Shortcuts are included in the Matrix repo since they dont work unless you manually install Silvos Python3 version and they are specifically coded to work with python3 version of Skin Shortcuts. Seems to be the case from my testing. Thanks!!
No, those skins will work because they just load the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file for menus but you can't use skin shortcuts to change anything. You can however switch over to the Python 3 version of skin shortcuts if you want to change things.
Excellent!!!.
First of all I want to thank the developer of this plugin. For me it was a Kodi lacked feature.

Why? In my case I have refined my entire collection of movies, TV series and music. One of the things I always did was to make folders with the genre for films especially. I always had the problem that Kodi automatically pulls genres according to information from metadata providers such as TMDB and the Universal movie scraper. This was a problem for me because finding a specific movie was a problem. Frankly, I should always use the search engine because I could not reach directly to the categories that I have already made and debugged on my media server.
Some people may not agree with me in assigning only one genre per movie, in my case it is simpler, because the categories of providers are sometimes a bit capricious and in most cases, they are many.

Filtering the categories is a lot of work compared to the "source" function that this wonderful plugin and with which in 1, 2, 3 you already have your own categories in a sub-menu based on the way you want to categorize your movies on your server media.

This saves a lot of time and makes navigation simpler. kodi instead for movies you take them all in bulk and makes you an endless list, it is boring to open "MOVIES" in Kodi and find all your library in bulk with always the same movies at the beginning, it is generally quite tedious, and if you use the genres that Kodi self-generates, you get frustrated.

In collections of small films, there is no problem, but when you have more than 2000 titles, it is where this wonderful plugin shines as one of the best in my opinion.

My Kodi installation is on an Nvidia Shield and my libraries come from my media server through SMB / CIFS. Possibly for people who use it with Librelec or on their own computer directly, it is easier to manage categories, but not when you have Kodi on an Android TV device or any other that is not 100% local.

Many thanks to the developer, I just hope that the other skinners incorporate it (Ace2 and Aeon MQ 8 especially).

Do you have any place to make a donation?
you also need script.skin.helper.widgets on most skins that use skinshortcuts and it is a no go on kodi 19
but there is a lack of info on kodi python 3 addons
(2020-02-12, 01:01)the_other_guy Wrote: you also need script.skin.helper.widgets on most skins that use skinshortcuts and it is a no go on kodi 19
but there is a lack of info on kodi python 3 addons

@the_other_guy, there is a pull request for python 3 compatibility for script.skin.helper.widgets, check it out in the addon's Github. With those changes applied, it works well in Kodi 19.

Regards,

Bart
I made some updates to Skin Shortcuts for python 3 and removed all backward compatible code for python 2 and previous Kodi versions.

The master branch HERE is up to date with those changes.

If you just want a zip download then you can find that HERE
(2020-02-12, 19:50)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I made some updates to Skin Shortcuts for python 3 and removed all backward compatible code for python 2 and previous Kodi versions.

@mikeSiLVO , thanks a lot! Smile

Regards,

Bart
@mikeSiLVO 

Is everything working? If yes, could you bump the xbmc.python version to 3.0.0 and create a PR for the Kodi Matrix repo and for a review?
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2020-03-08, 10:26)sualfred Wrote: @mikeSiLVO 

Is everything working? If yes, could you bump the xbmc.python version to 3.0.0 and create a PR for the Kodi Matrix repo and for a review?

Hi there!  My question may not fit naturally into this particular thread so apologies in advance if that's true.  I was working on some early stage skinning attempts in Matrix, and kept coming across the script.skinshortcuts issue described at length above.  I've since downloaded @mikeSiLVO's version, both from Git and the linked ZIP, and am having trouble installing.  The included addon.xml file does indeed call for the python3 requirement; however, when I try to install from ZIP, I get the 'The dependency on xbmc.python 2.20.0 could not be satisfied.' error.  Unless I'm really overlooking something obvious, I'm pretty sure I have his forked copy as I'm staring right at the requires line in addon.xml Smile  Any advice on how to get this to install in Matrix?  Thanks!
(2020-03-17, 00:22)pbohannon Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 10:26)sualfred Wrote: @mikeSiLVO 

Hi there!  My question may not fit naturally into this particular thread so apologies in advance if that's true.  I was working on some early stage skinning attempts in Matrix, and kept coming across the script.skinshortcuts issue described at length above.  I've since downloaded @mikeSiLVO's version, both from Git and the linked ZIP, and am having trouble installing.  The included addon.xml file does indeed call for the python3 requirement; however, when I try to install from ZIP, I get the 'The dependency on xbmc.python 2.20.0 could not be satisfied.' error.  Unless I'm really overlooking something obvious, I'm pretty sure I have his forked copy as I'm staring right at the requires line in addon.xml Smile  Any advice on how to get this to install in Matrix?  Thanks! 

Hi, maybe this report helps.
I reset my Nvidia Shield yesterday and I found the same issue but not only with this addon. I had to install the dependencies first and then the addons. Like I said, was the same for all addons. Once the dependencies was installed everything works fine.

Hope helps.

Thanks.

version: Kodi Leia Beta. Android TV.
(2020-02-12, 19:50)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I made some updates to Skin Shortcuts for python 3 and removed all backward compatible code for python 2 and previous Kodi versions.

I just tried installing the ZIP on the latest LibreELEC 19 nightly, but it throws an error:

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.skinshortcuts:
: Die Abhängigkeit auf xbmc.python in Version 2.20.0 konnte nicht aufgelöst werden.]
(2020-03-21, 09:24)dantist Wrote:

I just tried installing the ZIP on the latest LibreELEC 19 nightly, but it throws an error:

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.skinshortcuts:
: Die Abhängigkeit auf xbmc.python in Version 2.20.0 konnte nicht aufgelöst werden.]

The direct zip file does not contain the bumped python version. You'll need to edit the addon.xml file contained in that zip and change the line
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.20.0"/>
to
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>
then you can install it.

Or, if you have direct access to your kodi/addons directory, extract the zip file directly into it, then edit the addon.xml in the script.skinshortcuts folder.

Or, download a zip directly from the github page (green button) which contains an updated addon.xml.
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8