•   
  • 134(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2020-05-16, 01:03)pkscout Wrote: OK, I've spent the last couple of hours going through the documenation, looking though the code, and looking at the XML files the script generates to try and figure out how I might add a custom widget to a skin (I"m using Arctic Zephyr 2, so I'm basically trying to mod the skin to add this widget as an option).  I specifically would like to have the PVR status widget

this may be script.skin.helper.service pvr timers
(2020-05-16, 01:03)pkscout Wrote: OK, I've spent the last couple of hours going through the documenation, looking though the code, and looking at the XML files the script generates to try and figure out how I might add a custom widget to a skin (I"m using Arctic Zephyr 2, so I'm basically trying to mod the skin to add this widget as an option).  I specifically would like to have the PVR status widget Estuary has that tells me what the next recording is and what is currently recording.  I have the XML from Estuary to do it (probably needs some changes to adapt visually to AZ2), I just can't figure out how or where to add it so that it shows up in the widgets I can pick it as an option to show on the LiveTV section of the home screen.  It feels like it should go into the templates.xml file, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  Here's some of the code I'm trying to use as a widget (it does the currently recording part).

<control type="image">
            <top>80</top>
            <left>16</left>
            <width>670</width>
            <height>225</height>
            <texture border="21">dialogs/dialog-bg.png</texture>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <left>55</left>
            <top>122</top>
            <width>140</width>
            <height>140</height>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <texture background="true" fallback="DefaultVideo.png">$INFO[PVR.TVNowRecordingChannelIcon]</texture>
        </control>
        <control type="label">
            <left>225</left>
            <top>127</top>
            <height>25</height>
            <width>420</width>
            <label>$LOCALIZE[19158]</label>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
            <font>font36_title</font>
            <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
        </control>
        <control type="label">
            <left>225</left>
            <top>172</top>
            <height>105</height>
            <width>420</width>
            <label>$INFO[PVR.TVNowRecordingDateTime][CR]$INFO[PVR.TVNowRecordingTitle][CR]$INFO[PVR.TVNowRecordingChannel]</label>
            <font>font12</font>
            <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
        </control>

BTW, it looks like AZ2 uses skin shortcuts to generate everything, so I can't just manually shove this somewhere without it getting overwritten.

Thanks.

@pkscout, for a widget to show up as an option that you can choose when you customize the menu, it needs to be in the <widget groupings> section of the overrides.xml file in the shortcuts folder of the skin. You don’t necessarily need to have the code (actual controls) in the template.xml file, but I guess it is a good idea.

I don’t know the code of AZ2, so I can’t just provide you a snippet you can use. What I do in Amber for that widget in particular is that I have a toggle (radio button) in the menu customization dialog (script-skinshortcuts.xml) that sets whether a menu item will have the PVR widget or not. Then, in the skin’s menu presentation code (look in includes_horizontal_home.xml and includes_vertical_home.xml) I include the pvr widget group which will be visible if the toggle (which skinshortcuts sets as a property of the menu item) is on. The code for the PVR widget is in the file includes_shelf_contents.xml, around line 639. Again, this is what I do in Amber (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber). You are more than welcome to look at the code and use whatever could be of help to you for AZ2.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-16, 08:37)bsoriano Wrote: @pkscout, for a widget to show up as an option that you can choose when you customize the menu, it needs to be in the <widget groupings> section of the overrides.xml file in the shortcuts folder of the skin. You don’t necessarily need to have the code (actual controls) in the template.xml file, but I guess it is a good idea.

I don’t know the code of AZ2, so I can’t just provide you a snippet you can use. What I do in Amber for that widget in particular is that I have a toggle (radio button) in the menu customization dialog (script-skinshortcuts.xml) that sets whether a menu item will have the PVR widget or not. Then, in the skin’s menu presentation code (look in includes_horizontal_home.xml and includes_vertical_home.xml) I include the pvr widget group which will be visible if the toggle (which skinshortcuts sets as a property of the menu item) is on. The code for the PVR widget is in the file includes_shelf_contents.xml, around line 639. Again, this is what I do in Amber (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber). You are more than welcome to look at the code and use whatever could be of help to you for AZ2.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks for the tips.  I started down the path you mentioned, but for the life of me I could not figure out the visible condition so that the PVR widget showed up only on the screen you had indicated in the settings.  AZ2 has a couple "fullscreen" widgets that only work if they are the first ones in the widget list (AZ2 ignores any widget after that), so I added a TV PVR Recording Widget in the PVR area in overrides.xml with a title that indicated it had to be in the first position.  Instead of ignoring any widgets after that, I just did a conditional animation to push the other widgets down the screen if the TV PVR Recording Widget was present.  It works, although I have a feeling I missed a more elegant solution.  But after two hours of trying to figure out where various settings are stored with Skin Shortcuts, I'm OK with that.  '-)
@mikeSiLVO, any input on this? https://github.com/mikesilvo164/script.s.../issues/19
Maybe someone could help me with this:

I've got a list of widgets users can select from in my overrides.xml within <widget-groupings> part of that file. Under each defined node there're a few widgets defined via shortcuts like this:

<!-- Widget Grouping -->
<widget-groupings>
    <!-- Video -->
    <node label="3">
        <node label="$LOCALIZE[31178]" condition="Library.HasContent(movies) | Library.HasContent(tvshows)">
            <!-- Movies -->
            <node label="$LOCALIZE[342]" condition="Library.HasContent(movies)">
                <shortcut widget="NewMovies" label="$LOCALIZE[31179]" icon="DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png" widgetType="movies" widgetTarget="video">special://skin/extras/playlists/movies_recentlyadded.xsp</shortcut>

[...]

</node>

[...]               

</node>
        <content>video</content>
        <node label="136">
            <content>playlist-video</content>
        </node>
        <node label="32075">
            <content>videosources</content>
            <content>upnp-video</content>
        </node>
    </node>

[...]

</widget-groupings>

My skin offers four different types of widget layouts (size of the widget as well as size/aspect ratio of the individual widget icons) defined by property="layout". For my widgetdefault default properties I can set the layout by adding corresponding propertydefaults with the same labelID.

Any idea how I can pre-define the layout property for shortcuts within the widget-groupings section?
(2020-05-22, 17:03)Chillbo Wrote: Maybe someone could help me with this:

I've got a list of widgets users can select from in my overrides.xml within <widget-groupings> part of that file. Under each defined node there're a few widgets defined via shortcuts like this:

<!-- Widget Grouping -->
<widget-groupings>
    <!-- Video -->
    <node label="3">
        <node label="$LOCALIZE[31178]" condition="Library.HasContent(movies) | Library.HasContent(tvshows)">
            <!-- Movies -->
            <node label="$LOCALIZE[342]" condition="Library.HasContent(movies)">
                <shortcut widget="NewMovies" label="$LOCALIZE[31179]" icon="DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png" widgetType="movies" widgetTarget="video">special://skin/extras/playlists/movies_recentlyadded.xsp</shortcut>

[...]

</node>

[...]               

</node>
        <content>video</content>
        <node label="136">
            <content>playlist-video</content>
        </node>
        <node label="32075">
            <content>videosources</content>
            <content>upnp-video</content>
        </node>
    </node>

[...]

</widget-groupings>

My skin offers four different types of widget layouts (size of the widget as well as size/aspect ratio of the individual widget icons) defined by property="layout". For my widgetdefault default properties I can set the layout by adding corresponding propertydefaults with the same labelID.

Any idea how I can pre-define the layout property for shortcuts within the widget-groupings section?

you could read the files estuary mod shortcuts
that has the widgets layouts in Includes_Home.xml
(2020-05-23, 03:44)the_other_guy Wrote: you could read the files estuary mod shortcuts
that has the widgets layouts in Includes_Home.xml

I'm not sure I can follow. The Estuary Mod skin's overrides.xml as well as the widget layouts in its Includes_Home.xml look quite the same as mine in principle. But how do I define which layout a specific shortcut (pre-defined widget) should be shown with when being selected by a user?
The default widgets' layouts can be defined in the overrides.xml file via a propertydefault. Is there anything similar for shortcuts that can define a specific property for any shortcut? To me, it doesn't look like a propertydefault can be used for a shortcut.
i think you need them in template.xml for selectable widgets

i have  it set for 1 widget type on estuary default menus
Includes_Home.xml

<include name="WidgetListCategories2">
        <include content="CategoryLabel">
            <param name="label">$PARAM[widget_header]</param>
            <param name="label_focus">$PARAM[widget_header_focus]</param>
            <param name="list_id" value="$PARAM[list_id]"/>
            <param name="visible" value="$PARAM[visible]"/>
            <param name="pvr_submenu">false</param>
        </include>
        <include content="BusyListSpinner">
            <param name="visible" value="$PARAM[visible]"/>
        </include>
        <onleft>9000</onleft>
        <control type="panel" id="$PARAM[list_id]">
            <left>0</left>
            <top>110</top>
            <right>0</right>
            <height>290</height>
            <include content="WidgetListCommon">
            </include>
            <visible>$PARAM[visible]</visible>
                <visible>String.IsEmpty(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(HideSubMenu))</visible>
            <itemlayout width="240" height="240">
                <control type="group">
                    <control type="image">
                        <centertop>0</centertop>
                        <left>18</left>
                        <top>10</top>
                        <width>250</width>
                        <height>250</height>
                        <texture colordiffuse="99999999" fallback="$VAR[PosterThumbVar]">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                        <bordertexture border="21">overlays/shadow.png</bordertexture>
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Skin.String(shortcutWidgetShape),0)</visible>
                        <bordersize>20</bordersize>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <centertop>0</centertop>
                        <left>18</left>
                        <top>10</top>
                        <width>250</width>
                        <height>250</height>
                        <texture colordiffuse="99999999" fallback="$VAR[PosterThumbVar]">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                        <bordertexture border="21">overlays/shadow1.png</bordertexture>
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Skin.String(shortcutWidgetShape),1)</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <centertop>0</centertop>
                        <left>18</left>
                        <top>10</top>
                        <width>250</width>
                        <height>250</height>
                        <bordertexture border="21">overlays/shadow2.png</bordertexture>
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Skin.String(shortcutWidgetShape),2)</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <centertop>0</centertop>
                        <left>18</left>
                        <top>10</top>
                        <width>250</width>
                        <height>250</height>
                        <bordertexture border="21" >overlays/shadow3.png</bordertexture>
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Skin.String(shortcutWidgetShape),3)</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <centertop>0</centertop>
                        <left>18</left>
                        <top>10</top>
                        <width>250</width>
                        <height>250</height>
                        <texture  fallback="$VAR[PosterThumbVar]">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                        <bordertexture border="21">overlays/shadow4.png</bordertexture>
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Skin.String(shortcutWidgetShape),4)</visible>
                    </control>
                </control>
            </itemlayout>
            <focusedlayout width="240" height="240">
                <control type="group">
                    <depth>DepthContentPopout</depth>
                    <animation type="Focus">
                        <effect type="zoom" start="100" end="115" time="500" tween="sine" easing="inout" center="120,120" />
                    </animation>
                    <animation type="Unfocus">
                        <effect type="zoom" start="115" end="100" time="500" tween="sine" easing="inout" center="120,120" />
                    </animation>
                    <control type="image">
                        <centertop>0</centertop>
                        <left>18</left>
                        <top>10</top>
                        <width>250</width>
                        <height>250</height>
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Skin.String(shortcutWidgetShape),0)</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <centertop>0</centertop>
                        <left>18</left>
                        <top>10</top>
                        <width>250</width>
                        <height>250</height>
                        <texture fallback="$VAR[PosterThumbVar]">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                        <bordertexture border="21">overlays/shadow1.png</bordertexture>
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Skin.String(shortcutWidgetShape),1)</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <centertop>0</centertop>
                        <left>18</left>
                        <top>10</top>
                        <width>250</width>
                        <height>250</height>
                        <bordertexture border="21">overlays/shadow2.png</bordertexture>
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Skin.String(shortcutWidgetShape),2)</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <centertop>0</centertop>
                        <left>18</left>
                        <top>10</top>
                        <width>250</width>
                        <height>250</height>
                        <bordertexture border="21">overlays/shadow3.png</bordertexture>
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Skin.String(shortcutWidgetShape),3)</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <centertop>0</centertop>
                        <left>18</left>
                        <top>10</top>
                        <width>250</width>
                        <height>250</height>
                        <texture fallback="$VAR[PosterThumbVar]">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                        <bordertexture border="21">overlays/shadow4.png</bordertexture>
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Skin.String(shortcutWidgetShape),4)</visible>
                    </control>
                </control>
            </focusedlayout>
            <content>
                <include>skinshortcuts-submenu</include>
            </content>
        </control>
    </include>

Home.xml

<include content="WidgetListCategories2" condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(hide_tvshowscategory)">
                                <param name="widget_header" value="$LOCALIZE[31148]"/>
                            <param name="widget_header_focus" value="$INFO[Container(5900).ListItem.Label, | ]"/>
                            <param name="list_id" value="5901"/>
                            <param name="visible" value="!Skin.HasSetting(UseSmallerCategories)" />
                        </include>

[Image: GYcLNfV.jpg]
  •   
  • 134(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts58
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.