• 1(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Hi,
this is an add-on for browsing Netflix content via XBMC. Video playback is done via the new Netflix HTML5 User Interface.

NetfliXBMC works under Windows, OSX and Linux. IMPORTANT: Chrome 37+ is required for NetfliXBMC 1.3.0+! Under Win 8.1 it's also possible to use IExplorer.
Other browsers (currently) don't support HTML5 DRM. Linux users may also need to update libnss (not required for Ubuntu 14.04+).

The main advantages of the HTML5 Player are: Playback is starting much faster, 1080p is supported and it's natively working without Silverlight (Wine/Pipelight)...
A short playback demo video is available here. Using a MCERemote under Windows.

Anything related to Chrome should be discussed in the Chrome Launcher thread!

Windows:
I added a Control Utility for better usability. It hides the mouse cursor and lets you control playback via keyboard/remote.
Default Netflix Player controls and useful commands like closing the browser can be mapped to any key (via addon settings).
The cursor can also be controlled via keyboard/remote. Default keys.

I recommend this configuration when using Windows with a MCE compatible remote:
- Browser: Chrome (IE is not supporting "Enter" / "OK" on MCEremote)
- Default keys: Seeking via left/right. Play/pause via OK.
- To stop playback, map it to the "Back" key with help of the Control Utility
Running fine for me...

OSX:
If you have cliclick installed, the mouse gets hidden automatically.
Close the browser via CMD+Q or map it to any remote key via an external tool.

Linux:
If you have xdotool installed, the mouse gets hidden automatically.
Close the browser via ALT+F4 or map it to any remote key via an external tool.

General Netflix playback controls:
Seek: Left/Right
Play/Pause: Space/Enter

Webremote (Yatse etc.):
The webremote stuff must be activated via the addon settings. Under linux, you need to have xdotool installed. Under OSX, you'll need cliclick.
Currently, the controls are not mappable. Here is a list of all current implemented controls...
For me, only some action IDs worked to close the browser. You can view all available actions IDs here. You can also try some other IDs yourself manually.

Add to library function:
You can add movies and tvshows (full shows & single seasons) to your library via context menu.
Add this source to your library: "Home folder"->userdata->addon_data->plugin.video.netflixbmc->library->Movies/TV

Profiles:
The addon supports Netflix profiles. If you only have one profile configured on netflix you should activate the appropriate setting.
Video listing and playback start is faster with Single-User accounts. Hint: Remove the automatically created KIDS profile if you don't need it...

Metadata/thumbs:
It's not possible to request new api keys at the moment, so the addon needs to use the Netflix website.
I added requesting extra information. Of course it's a bit slower, but it's cached. This is also needed for some features.
Covers & fanart images can (optional) be received from themoviedb. The images are loaded in the background.

Notes:
- If you start playback via the XBMC database, you may (sometimes) see a xbmc message on video playback, even though everything works fine.
- Having problems? Getting a script error: Upload your debug log. Any other problem: Give me as much info as possible: What exactly is not working? What have you tried so far? What OS?

FAQ:
- Your repo is empty. What to do?
- XBMCbuntu: Chrome does not start in fullscreen. What to do?
- Windows: Some mapped keys are not always working... Why?
- Does this addon work under RPi / OpenElec / iOS / Android? In short: No.

Context menu entries:
- Continue watching / Show seasons (TV-Shows)
- Play trailer
- Add to / Remove from my list
- Similar Movies / TV Shows
- Add to library
- Switch profile (Main-menu)

Settings (General):
- eMail
- Password
- Single-User account (faster)
- Show profile selection on each start
- Get covers & fanart images from themoviedb
- Update library after adding media
- Browse tv shows instead of autoplaying

Settings (Views):
- Force View
- ViewID (Videos)
- ViewID (Episodes)
- ViewID (Viewing Activity)

Settings (Advanced):
- Library path (source)
- Use Control Utility (Windows)
- Configure Control Utility
- Enable webremote control
- Chrome: Don't use kiosk mode
- Delete cache
- Delete cookies
- Reset NetfliXBMC!

Install from my testing-repo!
Any feedback is welcome...

Have fun, Smile
asde
+1 Bro You are the best. I like the way all your threads are always detailed Smile Gracias Amigo!!
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
(2013-11-23, 09:41)TerrorKeed Wrote: +1 Bro You are the best. I like the way all your threads are always detailed Smile Gracias Amigo!!
Thanks! Big Grin
Specific addons need some info. More details = less questions Wink
Is there a way to go back to the previous screen? I have to use alt+f4 in order to leave the video. Thanks for the addon.
On OSX 10.9, XBMC 12.3 it seems to have an issue finding a file called 'profile'. How do I create this file?

Code:
21:54:14 T:2967842816   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Users/xbmc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/profile')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/xbmc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 302, in <module>
                                                playVideo(url)
                                              File "/Users/xbmc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 154, in playVideo
                                                fh = open(profileFile, 'r')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Users/xbmc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/profile')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:54:14 T:2690675112   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideo&url=70177057
21:54:14 T:2690675112   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideo&url=70177057) failed
v1.0.1:
- Removed XBMC WebBrowser integration
- Added Control Utility for Windows
v1.0.2:
- Small bugfix on profile management

I added a very useful Control Utility for Windows (with functions from the XBMC WebBrowser).
See updated first post for more...

(2013-11-23, 22:06)bzellinger Wrote: Is there a way to go back to the previous screen? I have to use alt+f4 in order to leave the video. Thanks for the addon.
Depends on the operating system and browser you are using. Under Linux/OSX you have to currently close Chrome via Ctrl+W or ALT+F4 (Linux) | Cmd+W or Cmd+Q (OSX).
But there are tools available to map keyboard keys to your remote. On Windows, you can now nicely do everything via remote.

(2013-11-24, 05:00)creche Wrote: On OSX 10.9, XBMC 12.3 it seems to have an issue finding a file called 'profile'. How do I create this file?
Should be fixed now with v1.0.1. Did you configured the addon and set the single profile option before launching it?
(2013-11-24, 05:00)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Should be fixed now with v1.0.1. Did you configured the addon and set the single profile option before launching it?
Updating to 1.0.2 stopped that error playing. Chrome Launcher is having a issue, however. It fails to launch.

Edit: Working now. I guess Chrome can't open when using Chrome Launcher.
v1.0.3:
- Added category: Just for Kids
- Added season/episode listing for tv-shows
- Added setting to show profile selection on each start
Hi,

I am excited to try this, but when I add your repository in XBMC (Frodo) I don't see anything to add. I am running Kbuntu 12.4.

Cheers
(2013-11-26, 04:45)canuckinator Wrote: Hi,

I am excited to try this, but when I add your repository in XBMC (Frodo) I don't see anything to add. I am running Kbuntu 12.4.

Cheers
Try a "Force refresh" via the context menu (key 'c')...
v1.0.4:
- Added "Add to library" function
- Added setting to browse tv shows instead of autoplaying
- Loading extra info is not optional anymore because adding to library and browsing tv-shows depend on it
this is awesome!!! Big Grin waiting for a working netflix addon a long time!
im using win7 64bit and xmbc 12.2 with your control tool and its working perfectly. pausing, seeking and closing the netflix app by remote is working fine.
controlling the mouse for language and sub selection is also cool because i need it sometimes. Smile

direct playback via xbmc would be even better but it sounds like it wont be possible in the near future.
i read something about html5. when its done this way, would it be possible to directly play the videos via xbmc instead of a browser?

thanks so much for your work!

(2013-11-23, 09:26)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: You may have problems on the first start with login and/or profile selection (empty "Who's watching?" dialog). Just try again.
Please give me some feedback for the different operating systems! Did it worked on the first time for you?
had no problems with it.
(2013-11-27, 01:09)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.0.4:
- Added "Add to library" function
- Added setting to browse tv shows instead of autoplaying
- Loading extra info is not optional anymore because adding to library and browsing tv-shows depend on it
just tested the new library feature and its working great! Smile
when playing via the library a message appears: couldnt find next entry or something like that. but playback is working fine!
excellent add-on - many thanks - can you add support for safari?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7