• 12(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
I've read the comments about not being able to control the silverlight player with the official xbmc app. Thats the only way i currently have to control XBMC. Is there a way totegrate the browser into xbmc? Or create a simple browser to embed in xbmc?
And compliments for the fast development and great result!
(2013-12-20, 04:52)Double007 Wrote: Does this addon work with OpenElec ?
(2013-12-20, 07:32)Soulassasin187 Wrote: Same question for me.....
Should be working. If you get pipelight working in any browser, this addon will also work...

(2013-12-20, 22:01)waverz Wrote: Trying to get this to work with my Acer Revo and xbmcbuntu. I changed the chome path and now just get half a browser screen with the netflix login page. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
You need a running desktop environment to be able to use Chrome. You'll find some example scripts in the Chrome Launcher thread.

(2013-12-20, 22:54)__pm Wrote: I've read the comments about not being able to control the silverlight player with the official xbmc app. Thats the only way i currently have to control XBMC. Is there a way totegrate the browser into xbmc? Or create a simple browser to embed in xbmc?
No, sorry. You need a real remote/keyboard to control the silverlight player.
The only solution would be to directly implement some kind of hotkey simulation in the iOS remote app.
You could ask for this feature in the support subforum. Should also be useful for other "special" XBMC addons that are using a browser for playback.
But i guess this would need some more work, because XBMC needs to send/passthrough these hotkeys to the active/focused application.
v1.2.1:
- Fixed title in "Viewing Activity"
Hello. I am getting a black screen when I am trying to play anything. I am using ubuntu and the offical chrome browser. I can hear the video playing but don't see anything. I just installed everything today 12-21-13 so everything is up to date. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Hi, I just found this last night and I have the same issue.
I'm running Google Chrome 31.0.1650.63 on xbmcbuntu. Latest versions of Chrome Launcher, NetfliXBMC and pipelight, and nvidia drivers version 304.88 (GeForce GT 430). In the pipelight-silverlight5.1 config I've changed embed=true to embed=false and the video plays, but without audio and without being full screen.

The script I'm using in Chrome Launcher is:

#!/bin/bash
openbox

Some suggestions indicated the ttf font package may have needed reinstalled and I tried that - no luck.. I did read somewhere (maybe on the pipelight launchpad page?) that using Unity rather than openbox might work. That'll be my next step.
(2013-12-21, 18:27)w1ll1am Wrote: Hello. I am getting a black screen when I am trying to play anything. I am using ubuntu and the offical chrome browser. I can hear the video playing but don't see anything. I just installed everything today 12-21-13 so everything is up to date. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
(2013-12-21, 18:56)StuartQF Wrote: Hi, I just found this last night and I have the same issue.
Sorry, i don't really have an idea what to do. Sounds like a problem with pipelight and/or your gpu drivers.
Please have a look at the pipelight homepage on how to get it working on your system. You can also ask for support there...
Just joined to try to get NetfliXBMC going. First let me say thanks for the work that is going into this and say that under Windows NetfliXBMC is working well for me. But ...

I'm an Ubuntu 13.10 user on 2 machines. Neither works and both have identical symptoms, i.e, I get logged into Netflix and pick a TV show. Then the show loads and I see the first frame of the video. It sits there frozen. I've tried full screen vs window and adjusting chrome's use of hardware acceleration to no avail. Then I just tried Chrome launcher and Vimeo Couch mode and same story - black screen for video. If I go out of Couch mode I see the first frame of the video but playing it instantly goes to black screen. So I dropped out of XBMC and just launched Chrome from my desktop. Everything plays fine, even if I launch Vimeo in Couch mode.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated!
(2013-12-21, 19:34)UGAdawg Wrote: I'm an Ubuntu 13.10 user on 2 machines. Neither works and both have identical symptoms, i.e, I get logged into Netflix and pick a TV show. Then the show loads and I see the first frame of the video. It sits there frozen. I've tried full screen vs window and adjusting chrome's use of hardware acceleration to no avail.
This sounds like you are navigating via a bowser and not my addon...

Do you have a desktop environment running in the background while using XBMC? If not (when using XBMC as shell), you have to manually start it.

If Netflix is working fine for you via Chrome (standalone), but not via NetfliXBMC, make sure to disable all extensions (incl. UserAgent), or just try the 'Use own user profile' setting in Chrome Launcher.
You can also try to disable kiosk mode for troubleshooting.

If you still have problems (Chrome is working, but Chrome Launcher not), please try to manually remove some Chrome starting parameters from default.py
Please let me know if a parameter is causing trouble for you.

Btw, it's working fine for me under Ubuntu 13.10 and several other users...
Thanks for guidance.

Went back for one more spin on the HTPC. Did the following: Booted into Ubuntu 13.10. Booted Chrome from desktop. Navigated to Vimeo and video played fine. Paused video and Alt-F4 out to desktop. Started XBMC, went to Programs, Chrome Launcher, and picked Vimeo. It went to web site, I briefly (1/2 sec) saw editors picks and then it tried to launch a video. I get a full white screen for 1/2 sec and then full black screen with no sound. If I ALT-F4 out I go back to XBMC but XBMC crashes back to the Ubuntu desktop.

It seems like there is an XBMC setting that is in the way or one of the parameters that are being passed to Chrome. Just to tease me I guess, I have another desktop PC running Ubuntu 13..10 and Vimeo and NetflixBMC work fine. The only (non-hardware) difference between it and my HTPC is that the desktop has a nightly build of XBMC so its Gotham rather than Frodo.

I'll try removing some of the parameters.
(2013-12-21, 21:42)UGAdawg Wrote: Thanks for guidance.

Went back for one more spin on the HTPC. Did the following: Booted into Ubuntu 13.10. Booted Chrome from desktop. Navigated to Vimeo and video played fine. Paused video and Alt-F4 out to desktop. Started XBMC, went to Programs, Chrome Launcher, and picked Vimeo. It went to web site, I briefly (1/2 sec) saw editors picks and then it tried to launch a video. I get a full white screen for 1/2 sec and then full black screen with no sound. If I ALT-F4 out I go back to XBMC but XBMC crashes back to the Ubuntu desktop.

It seems like there is an XBMC setting that is in the way or one of the parameters that are being passed to Chrome. Just to tease me I guess, I have another desktop PC running Ubuntu 13..10 and Vimeo and NetflixBMC work fine. The only (non-hardware) difference between it and my HTPC is that the desktop has a nightly build of XBMC so its Gotham rather than Frodo.

I'll try removing some of the parameters.
Thanks for troubleshooting! Wink
Sounds really strange. I don't think it's related to the XBMC version, sounds more like a problem with your GPU drivers. But who knows...

EDIT: You mentioned that it's working fine without XBMC running in the background. So it's maybe really related to XBMC...
The only setting (i know) that might influence it: System->System->Video output-> "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen".
I'm taking another crack at getting my remote working with this addon. I'm using XBMC 12.2 on Windows 7 64-bit. The addon works great and the hotkeys work properly when setup using the included configuration program. For instance if I set Play to "p" it works properly when in Netflix. My problem comes when using my remote and setting the hotkeys. Below is what I get when I try to set up the hotkeys using my remote:
Code:
Play: ControlKey P LShiftKey LControlKey
Pause: ControlKey P LControlKey
Seek Forward: ControlKey F LShiftKey LControlKey
Seek Backward: ControlKey B LShiftKey LControlKey

When I'm in Netflix trying to use any of these keys only brings up the Netflix status bar just like when you move the mouse. The other hotkeys work properly because my remote doesn't send so many commands at once. I'm just wondering if anybody else is having this problem of if it's just me.

On a different matter, I've noticed that the addon moves the mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen. This causes issues when trying to use the configuration program in Windows 7 because the bottom right shows the desktop so everything becomes hidden and I must plug in a mouse to see any of the windows again. May I suggest moving the mouse to the top right instead?
v1.2.2:
- Control Utitlity (Win): Fixed keymapping for some combo keys
- Control Utitlity (Win): Added custom cursor position setting

Some remote keys have affects on the silverlight player. To get them working, i added a short delay (only for these combo keys). Maybe you need to remap these keys.
But: These keys will only work if the OSD in the silverlight player is not visible. For example: You need to wait some seconds after pausing to be able to continue playing.
Because of that i recommend to use the default control keys (Up, Down, Left, Right, OK) instead of mapping them...

(2013-12-21, 22:50)Devo7v Wrote: When I'm in Netflix trying to use any of these keys only brings up the Netflix status bar just like when you move the mouse. The other hotkeys work properly because my remote doesn't send so many commands at once. I'm just wondering if anybody else is having this problem of if it's just me.
Thanks for reporting! Fixed in v1.2.2 - see above...

(2013-12-21, 22:50)Devo7v Wrote: On a different matter, I've noticed that the addon moves the mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen. This causes issues when trying to use the configuration program in Windows 7 because the bottom right shows the desktop so everything becomes hidden and I must plug in a mouse to see any of the windows again. May I suggest moving the mouse to the top right instead?
The bottom right corner is the only place where the cursor is nearly invisible. It's slightly visible in the top right corner (depending on the backcolor).
I now added a custom cursor position setting in the Control Utility...
I've been following the instructions from this page and http://lifehacker.com/netflixbmc-brings-...1484237283 ...

...however all the movie and television queues are blank. What am I doing wrong?
(2013-12-22, 01:29)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.2.2:
- Control Utitlity (Win): Fixed keymapping for some combo keys
- Control Utitlity (Win): Added custom cursor position setting

Some remote keys have affects on the silverlight player. To get them working, i added a short delay (only for these combo keys). Maybe you need to remap these keys.
But: These keys will only work if the OSD in the silverlight player is not visible. For example: You need to wait some seconds after pausing to be able to continue playing.
Because of that i recommend to use the default control keys (Up, Down, Left, Right, OK) instead of mapping them...

(2013-12-21, 22:50)Devo7v Wrote: When I'm in Netflix trying to use any of these keys only brings up the Netflix status bar just like when you move the mouse. The other hotkeys work properly because my remote doesn't send so many commands at once. I'm just wondering if anybody else is having this problem of if it's just me.
Thanks for reporting! Fixed in v1.2.2 - see above...

(2013-12-21, 22:50)Devo7v Wrote: On a different matter, I've noticed that the addon moves the mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen. This causes issues when trying to use the configuration program in Windows 7 because the bottom right shows the desktop so everything becomes hidden and I must plug in a mouse to see any of the windows again. May I suggest moving the mouse to the top right instead?
The bottom right corner is the only place where the cursor is nearly invisible. It's slightly visible in the top right corner (depending on the backcolor).
I now added a custom cursor position setting in the Control Utility...

The hotkeys work perfectly now as you described. You're amazing, thank you for responding so quickly. The only issue I'm having now is when I activate the option to move the cursor and open Netflix, XBMC crashes and the hotkeys don't work. It's strange because XBMC doesn't throw up any errors, it just closes and you can't tell until you try to use the hotkeys. I'm not at home right now so I won't be able to get you a log for a couple days. Sorry.
Looking forward to getting this running but having difficulties with the login, it keeps telling me I'm not logged on but I'm sure my credential are correct, any else having problems ?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7