• 16(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-01-05, 19:07)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 18:43)locoguano Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 17:17)fillerguy Wrote: Hello,

Great add-on! Thanks for all the hard work.

Is it possible to have the add-on remember when the view is changed? I prefer the tri-panel view however it always resets to showcase when I load the add-on again. Maybe have an option to select a default view in the settings so we don't have to change all the screens?

Look under "Views" in the configuration... You just have to find out what view number corresponds to the view you want in your skin of choice.
If he just want to manual choose the view, he just needs to disable "Force view". No need to change the IDs...

That fixed it - changed it to false.

Thanks
(2014-01-05, 05:17)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: You should better setup your refresh rate system wide, so that Netflix playback is working smooth for you...

I am using xubuntu 12.04 with nvidia geforce GT 220 and compton (to avoid tearing).
It runs terribly in all refresh rates unfortunally. Some frames are dropped periodically. If a video runs at 24FPS, and I set 24Hz, it runs OK for 15 seconds, and then 15 seconds with stuttering.
I see that it actually drops frames. So those guys using pipelight for linux, what could be the issue?

I have no idea where to ask.
Hi
I have to click my mouse to have focus on chrome.
Otherwise the remote key utility does nothing.
Except alt f4 which is mapped to my remotes back button, this for some reason work every time ?
I have upgraded to nederst version and am still running on Windows 8.
Is there something I Can do ?

Regards and Thanks for a great app....
Using windows 7 with an mce controller. When I try to bind any buttons the remote key utility ignores them, instead the key presses go to xbmc. When viewing netflix pressing buttons on mce are captured by xbmc and ignored by chrome even if I focus it with the mouse. The remote key utility does accept keys from keyboard.
(2013-12-21, 18:27)w1ll1am Wrote: Hello. I am getting a black screen when I am trying to play anything. I am using ubuntu and the offical chrome browser. I can hear the video playing but don't see anything. I just installed everything today 12-21-13 so everything is up to date. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Did you find any solution to this? I have the same issue.
(2014-01-05, 23:27)Daemaz Wrote:
(2013-12-21, 18:27)w1ll1am Wrote: Hello. I am getting a black screen when I am trying to play anything. I am using ubuntu and the offical chrome browser. I can hear the video playing but don't see anything. I just installed everything today 12-21-13 so everything is up to date. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Is the background white?
(2014-01-05, 05:17)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 23:43)locoguano Wrote: One little problem I am running into... When I play a video, XBMC remains on top and I can hear the video playing in the background... I end up having to alt-tab to get to the browser.
Mmm, do you maybe have set <alwaysontop>true</alwaysontop> in your advancedsettings.xml? Are you directly booting to XBMC or do you have the normal desktop running?
The suggested alwaysontop thing seems to solve it. Not working for you?

(2014-01-05, 19:11)OGpedxing Wrote: +1 on the idea of merging netflixbmc with the amazon addon. I have both on my setup but what would be extremely awesome is being able to search both at the same time and have the results returned in one list. Heck, add hulu and it would be amazing.
As mentioned before, i already started writing an amazon addon some weeks ago. But i wont merge them together, sorry.

(2014-01-05, 21:37)[Ad0] Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 05:17)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: You should better setup your refresh rate system wide, so that Netflix playback is working smooth for you...

I am using xubuntu 12.04 with nvidia geforce GT 220 and compton (to avoid tearing).
It runs terribly in all refresh rates unfortunally. Some frames are dropped periodically. If a video runs at 24FPS, and I set 24Hz, it runs OK for 15 seconds, and then 15 seconds with stuttering.
I see that it actually drops frames. So those guys using pipelight for linux, what could be the issue?

I have no idea where to ask.
Sorry, i have no idea what to try. But i would suggest to ask for help on the pipelight website...

(2014-01-05, 21:41)h8redv2 Wrote: Hi
Except alt f4 which is mapped to my remotes back button, this for some reason work every time ?

Mmm, does it take very long for you to open chrome? Maybe the auto clicks are made to early.
I can change next version, so that the timings can be adjusted...

(2014-01-05, 22:50)mrmonkeyman Wrote: Using windows 7 with an mce controller. When I try to bind any buttons the remote key utility ignores them, instead the key presses go to xbmc. When viewing netflix pressing buttons on mce are captured by xbmc and ignored by chrome even if I focus it with the mouse. The remote key utility does accept keys from keyboard.
Maybe you need to install/config the MCE remote addon.
I dont tested it without. This is one of the first addons i install on my win systems.

Sorry, i have no solution but i would suggest to ask for help on the pipelight website...
(2014-01-05, 23:27)[Ad0] Wrote:

Is the background white?

No it's black. I've tried reinstalling pipelight/chrome launcher. I've watched netflix before using netflix-desktop... only thing I can think of is I updated the nvidia drivers recently. But I can view anything else in kiosk mode like amazon video. I ran chrome in regular tabbed mode and still had the same issue, as well as deleting the wine settings folder and letting it reinstall.
(2014-01-06, 00:18)Daemaz Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 23:27)[Ad0] Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 23:27)Daemaz Wrote: Did you find any solution to this? I have the same issue.

Is the background white?

No it's black. I've tried reinstalling pipelight/chrome launcher. I've watched netflix before using netflix-desktop... only thing I can think of is I updated the nvidia drivers recently. But I can view anything else in kiosk mode like amazon video. I ran chrome in regular tabbed mode and still had the same issue, as well as deleting the wine settings folder and letting it reinstall.

I have tried all of the same things. I have looked some things up on pipelight but haven't found anything useful. If I ever find anything I will let you know.

Mmm, does it take very long for you to open chrome? Maybe the auto clicks are made to early.

Actually, I find that Chrome opens rather fast, a white screen for 2 seconds maybe, the the netflix loading bar.
The latest update undid some code changes that I had made, that for me, makes this plugin not work.

First, every movie and tv show has a 't' at the end of its title preventing XBMC scrapers from recognizing the show. About line 345 I changed:
Code:
videoDetails = getVideoInfo(videoID).replace("\\n", "").replace("\\", "")

to

videoDetails = getVideoInfo(videoID).replace("\\n", "").replace("\\t", "").replace("\\", "")

Second, the plugin appends the year to the title. This is needed for movies, but prevents the TV scraper from recognizing the show. I moved the following line (about 353) to before the call to addMovieToLibrary (line 364). I also added the if statement in case year is blank. This puts the year on movies, but not tv shows.
Code:
else:
    try:
        if year != "":
            title = title+" ("+year+")"
        addMovieToLibrary(videoID, title, False)
    except:
        pass

Finally, if a show expires or is removed from My List it is still in the library. So, I added code to delete all movie and tv show folders before exporting My List:
Code:
def addMyListToLibrary():
    shutil.rmtree(libraryFolderMovies)
    shutil.rmtree(libraryFolderTV)
    if not os.path.isdir(libraryFolderMovies):
        os.mkdir(libraryFolderMovies)
    if not os.path.isdir(libraryFolderTV):
        os.mkdir(libraryFolderTV)    
    content = opener.open(urlMain+"/MyList?leid=595&link=seeall").read()

Again, I don't know much python, so not sure if this is the best way, but it works for me.
(2014-01-06, 16:55)h8redv2 Wrote:

Actually, I find that Chrome opens rather fast, a white screen for 2 seconds maybe, the the netflix loading bar.

I have this problem too. But only the first time I go into Netflix. If I exit to XBMC and click the link again it works ok

Also, on the first load of Netflix if I push pause & then play the player will stop and give me a n8008 (too many tabs open) - again, if I close Netflix (and go back into XBMC) and click the link again everything is ok. Maybe it is a timing issue with your utility - the first load takes longer for me than subsequent loads, so maybe the auto click is happening too early and opening up a new tab?

Also I have problems exiting XBMC - I can't. Even if I end the XBMC process I can't reload XBMC (gives me an application error). I need to kill your utility process (it seems to put a hold on the xbmc log file) before I can reload XBMC
The plugin seems to be working for me on Crystalbuntu 2 for the ATV but when the Chrome browser launches, it asks to sign in. Any work around for this?
(2014-01-05, 05:17)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-12-24, 14:38)M1chael Wrote: First of all - great add-on! I have been searching for something to integrate Netflix with XBMC for a long time Smile

However I have a question regarding tv-shows.

First off all, I can't seem to browse the shows - when I try to "enter" a show it just starts playing the next episode.
(2013-12-31, 03:23)Jazz78 Wrote: I can't get selecting seasons to work, I can play next episode but not select what season I want.
Mmm, sound like tvshows always get recognized as movies. Are you living in the US?

I have this same problem can't browse seasons and episodes, live in Norway if this helps, I have access to vpn, so i can "change" my location to us or uk will this help?
On Frodo 12.3, Win 7 (64-bit) and having issues with Chrome not opening in fullscreen. Does it matter if I've already got a Chrome window open while XBMC is open? Whenever I select a video to play, it opens up a new tab in Chrome in windowed mode. Any ideas?

EDIT: If I change the browser to IE, it opens in fullscreen. I guess this will work for now.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7