• 60(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
http://pastebin.com/SeCu19Fm

I played around with a modification if anyone is interested. It allows you to auto-resume to the first un-played episode of a TV show when launching from the Library. It includes the fixes from 1.3.3

If the first episode of a series is selected, it will search for the first un-played episode and play that instead. If all episodes are played, it will play the first episode.
If any other episode is selected, it will play that.

I did it this way so that you could both continue where you were or play a random episode. The one downside is if want to play the first episode of a partially watched series you'll have to pick the episode in Netflix. I decided this method covered the most use-cases. I'm looking into a way that the watched status on Netflix could be synced to the library, but it looks difficult.

I added a resume variable so that an add-on option could be added. It needs also an additional variable in the movie.strm files so you would have to re-add the shows to your library.

Please let me know if this is a useful or desirable feature.
I'm getting an error saying my password / username is not correct. This is definitely not the case. My log is pasted below, any ideas?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=303027
(2014-09-26, 18:52)kamegami Wrote: http://pastebin.com/SeCu19Fm

I played around with a modification if anyone is interested. It allows you to auto-resume to the first un-played episode of a TV show when launching from the Library. It includes the fixes from 1.3.3

If the first episode of a series is selected, it will search for the first un-played episode and play that instead. If all episodes are played, it will play the first episode.
If any other episode is selected, it will play that.

I did it this way so that you could both continue where you were or play a random episode. The one downside is if want to play the first episode of a partially watched series you'll have to pick the episode in Netflix. I decided this method covered the most use-cases. I'm looking into a way that the watched status on Netflix could be synced to the library, but it looks difficult.

I added a resume variable so that an add-on option could be added. It needs also an additional variable in the movie.strm files so you would have to re-add the shows to your library.

Please let me know if this is a useful or desirable feature.

Nice, haven't tested it yet but it's a valuable addition!
I have XBMCBuntu installed and I set up my system to load into LXDE first then XBMC. NetfliXBMC runs perfectly! Everything works! Except I don't have any sound :/ I tried quitting XBMC and testing stuff like YouTube HTML5 in my chrome in LXDE, and that didn't have sound either, so I updated my .asoundrc with the proper devices and Chrome in LXDE plays HTML5 content with sound! However, within NetfliXBMC, there is still no sound whatsoever :/ I'm getting HD video playback tho!

Anyone know how I can fix this? I'm out of ideas at the moment :/
http://developer.netflix.com/blog/read/R...Public_API

Will Netflixbmc work after November 14?
(2014-09-24, 06:12)Matze001 Wrote: Seems that under Windows only the Netflix Metro App delivers Dolby/Sorround Sound. With the our addon here (which I highly appreciate) you can get only Stereo (regardless IE or Chrome). Question is whether or not one could "use" the Metro App in the addon because of this capability. Using Advanced Launcher is possible but - in my case - difficult to use...
Unfortunately, the Metro App does not support keyboards/remotes (afaik).

Any news/ideas regarding the Topic "Dolby/Surround in the NetfliXBMC addon without using the Metro App"?

Thanks,

Mat
(2014-09-27, 11:32)-Dis Wrote: http://developer.netflix.com/blog/read/R...Public_API

Pretty sure its all based on screen scraping no api access
(2014-09-27, 08:49)quaff Wrote: I have XBMCBuntu installed and I set up my system to load into LXDE first then XBMC. NetfliXBMC runs perfectly! Everything works! Except I don't have any sound :/ I tried quitting XBMC and testing stuff like YouTube HTML5 in my chrome in LXDE, and that didn't have sound either, so I updated my .asoundrc with the proper devices and Chrome in LXDE plays HTML5 content with sound! However, within NetfliXBMC, there is still no sound whatsoever :/ I'm getting HD video playback tho!

Anyone know how I can fix this? I'm out of ideas at the moment :/

You have to go to system>system>audio> and turn off keep audio device alive
(2014-09-27, 11:32)-Dis Wrote: http://developer.netflix.com/blog/read/R...Public_API

^This +

I get it working in openbox with audio and good quality. It only works with google-chrome-beta. In stable It keeps loading forever.
Both work however from within the addon. Yest even for the perfectly working beta I do not get any audio out of it using netflixbmc.

So what is different?
Everything works perfect using google-chrome-beta in openbox.
Using netflixbmc with openbox and google-chrome-beta I dont get audio.

Need a point where to go on from.
(2014-09-27, 11:53)Frozin Wrote: You have to go to system>system>audio> and turn off keep audio device alive

just tried this! unfortunately that didn't help. was a good suggestion tho! thanks! I'm willing to try just about anything haha
(2014-09-27, 16:37)quaff Wrote:
(2014-09-27, 11:53)Frozin Wrote: You have to go to system>system>audio> and turn off keep audio device alive

just tried this! unfortunately that didn't help. was a good suggestion tho! thanks! I'm willing to try just about anything haha

Then you need to create a asound.conf file. Youll have to search goole to find out what to put in it
(2014-09-27, 19:16)Frozin Wrote: Then you need to create a asound.conf file. Youll have to search goole to find out what to put in it

hmm I already have one that I created manually that works with everything else? I'll look into it more if you think that's the issue tho, maybe I have some extra configuration I doubt it tho it's pretty bare bones!
Well, I went ahead and replaced NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe with an AHK script, and it seems to work fine. It moves the mouse to the corner, and maps the mouse to the left thumbstick (depress to click), the volume to the left thumbstick, play/pause to the A button, alt+F4 to the B button, skip to the shoulder buttons, fullscreen to Start and Escape (exit fullscreen) to Back. It also watches for a Window titled "Netflix - Google Chrome" and closes when the window closes, in case something else happens. Downside is this only works if you're using Silverlight, so you'll have to go into your Netflix settings and disable HTML5.

Here's the pastebin (you'll need to download Autohotkey to compile it into an .exe). Replace NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe found at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\resources.

If you trust me here's a copy that's already compiled.
For those running xbmc nightlies and constantly get a segfault when testing xbmcnetflix. I found the offending commit and I am currently talking with the commiter to fix that.

So just to not spam the author of this very nice addon with segfault pastebins - it's known and xbmc's bug.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quick question, do we get 5.1 sound out of this with Linux and chrome? I don't own netflix (yet) but I am contemplating upgrading my htpc and getting a sub.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7