[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
v1.0.9:
- Fixed login issue
- Added "Viewing Activity"
- Added support for IExplorer (Win)
- Added function to add "My List" to library
- Added TMDb integration to get cover & fanart images
- Added context menu "Play trailer"

(2013-12-05, 03:15)Devo7v Wrote: This addon works great, the Windows control utility is great. Since this is designed to work with Media Center remotes is there a reason the control utility can't be used to intercept remote presses and map them to the native Netflix hotkeys (a list of them can be found here: http://markwarren.wordpress.com/2010/03/...shortcuts/)?

So for instance in the control utility have the option to set the play button on the remote and it would activate the "Page Up" hotkey in the Chrome browser. Maybe these hotkey entries could be entered on a second page.

Is there a reason this couldn't be done?
I've posted all useful controls in the first post:
Code:
Seek: Left/Right
Volume +-: Up/Down
Pause/Play: Space or Enter
I don't think there are any other useful hotkeys listed in the article you posted. I am controlling everything via remote: Up/Down/Left/Right/OK for above contols and BACK to close the browser.
If you really need to map these hotkeys to other remote keys, i could implement it...

(2013-12-05, 05:00)Razor Ramon Wrote:
(2013-12-02, 03:27)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-12-01, 06:07)Razor Ramon Wrote: I am using a PC with my TV as a dual monitor for XBMC. When I click anything it opens Netflix on my PC screen and not the TV. I tried making it so chrome only opens on the TV screen but that didn't help. Any idea what I can do?
When you start Chrome manually, and close it on your preferred display, doesn't Chrome remember the last used display?
I just had a quick look, but couldn't find a parameter to force chrome to use a specific display.

The browser remembers to open on the TV screen but not when Netflix launches, it always automatically opens on the PC screen every time.
Mm, i now added a setting to not use chrome in kiosk mode. Try it to setup chrome. Maybe the screen then gets remembered.
If this won't work, you probably need to try out some external tool for it...

(2013-12-05, 05:19)LakersFan Wrote: When I select alt+F4 to exit the program, it kills Chrome but does not bring XBMC back up (it remains minimized). When I go to maximize it, it stays windowed.

Another thing, if I close XBMC anytime after using this addon and later reopen, I get "ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting" From that point I can only open the task manager and kill NetfliXBMC_utility.exe or restart the PC

I'm using Windows 7...

Thank you for creating this and for your support.
When using the Control Utility, you should close the browser via the mapped key so the browser and utility get closed correctly.
If you dont need the utility, disable it via the addon settings. The "ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting" error is not related to my addon or the utility. Also got it months ago without changing something...

(2013-12-05, 22:29)cquilliam Wrote: Got the plugin installed, but I can't seem to get it working.

On Windows 8.1 64bit, XBMC 12.2. I configured the plugin with my netflix account, but it keeps telling me I'm not logged in, and to restart the plugin. I've verified that the email and password is correct, and can log in fine from a web browser on the system system.

The only thing I can think of is that my email has a '+' in it, would that throw your script in some way?
(2013-12-07, 06:51)HardRom Wrote:
(2013-12-05, 22:29)cquilliam Wrote: Got the plugin installed, but I can't seem to get it working.

On Windows 8.1 64bit, XBMC 12.2. I configured the plugin with my netflix account, but it keeps telling me I'm not logged in, and to restart the plugin. I've verified that the email and password is correct, and can log in fine from a web browser on the system system.

The only thing I can think of is that my email has a '+' in it, would that throw your script in some way?

This, except that I don't have any non-alpha characters in my login, but my password does...?
Edit: I cleared cookies, have restarted XBMC twice, and have disabled and reenabled the addon to no avail.

P.s. I registered to say GREAT JOB and I look forward to using this addon.

P.s.s. In Canada.
I changed something on the login. Could you both please try the addon again and report if it's working now. Thanks...

(2013-12-06, 00:32)locoguano Wrote: Under Linux... Though I have Chrome set up to play Netflix and it works when just using the browser... when I launch from XBMC I get the "Wrong browser type" page.
(2013-12-07, 05:24)tymanthius Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 00:32)locoguano Wrote: Under Linux... Though I have Chrome set up to play Netflix and it works when just using the browser... when I launch from XBMC I get the "Wrong browser type" page.

I just installed, and I'm getting this also.
You have setup your User-Agent and it's working directly via the browser? Are you using the "Use own user profile" setting in Chrome Launcher. Then, you need to setup the user-agent there, too.
I now added a setting to not use the kiosk mode. Activate it and setup chrome so it works for you. It (hopefully) then also works with kiosk mode...

(2013-12-07, 04:37)Dewordie Wrote: Is there a way to make the player launch in IE rather than safari or chrome? Thanks!
Added support for IE...

(2013-12-07, 19:00)hauntvictim Wrote: Successfully added on this .zip file but when I navigate to the enable add on in my "settings" section and click on the add on nothing is there and nothing comes up.
Sorry new to this.
(2013-12-07, 19:26)alander Wrote: Hi guys,
I'm assuming I'm missing some very simple and obvious step... but I cannot get this plug in to show in my XBMC (Frodo on Windows 7). I have installed the repository successfully, have the Chrome installed as well, the repo shows up on the list of available repositories (along with Superrepo, bluecop), but there are no addons inside... I.e. it's emplty.... What am I doing wrongHuh any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
To all having problems installing the addon:
Download my repo and install it. Then, goto: System -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> AddonScriptorDE's Testing Repo -> Video Add-ons -> NetfliXBMC -> Install.
If the repo is empty, try a "Force refresh" via the context menu (key 'c')...

(2013-12-07, 22:43)bradwatson Wrote: Been using this add on a lot lately. Have to say it's probably the best add on out there. Thanks!
Thanks! Great to hear... Smile

(2013-12-08, 16:00)krish_2k4 Wrote: fyi the Chrome addon says dependencies not met for the recent Gotham monthly build, so to those who want to use this addon don';t upgrade just yet!
I updated Chrome Launcher, so it's now also working with Gotham...

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Inofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - by AddonScriptorDE - 2013-12-08, 18:51
Search empty? - by cgrey - 2014-01-11, 06:13
Not working on windows 7 - by dandiodati - 2014-02-26, 21:55
Problems with this addon - by builderjer - 2014-11-30, 19:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7