[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Following up on efforts to get Chrome Launcher and NetfliXBMC going on an Ubuntu 13.10 system. Frequent behavior had been either frozen video on Netflix or black screen and no sound on Vimeo when using Frodo XBMC and chrome launcher. Reinstallations of Chrome and pipelight have not made any difference. I did find one thing that will make Vimeo in Couch mode work consistently from within XBMC and I will test to see if this works for Netflix but this is just weird. If I start Chrome from the Ubuntu desktop and go to Vimeo and play video it is fine. Finally it dawned on me to open XBMC in windowed mode while Chrome remains open and playing a video. So open XBMC, go to Chrome Launcher, and open a second incarnation of Vimeo. Chrome responds by opening another tab and playing the (second) video just fine. I can close this video, navigate within XBMC to Youtube lean back and play youtube videos fine. I can close the video originally opened from the desktop and the video opened in Chrome Launcher (Vimeo or Youtube) keeps on playing. So the synthesis seems to be that Chrome Launcher in XNMC works fine so long as Chrome is opened before XBMC and is playing a video.

Can anybody derive from this what causes frozen video/black screens without Chrome being launched before XBMC?

Thanks for thoughts!

Edit: Yup, NetfliXBMC works if I start Chrome and run Vimeo video from desktop before launching XBMC and NetfliXBMC

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Inofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - by UGAdawg - 2013-12-22, 20:31
Search empty? - by cgrey - 2014-01-11, 06:13
Not working on windows 7 - by dandiodati - 2014-02-26, 21:55
Problems with this addon - by builderjer - 2014-11-30, 19:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7