• 14(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2013-12-26, 20:45)raja1530 Wrote: Hello I just got XBMC and I'm trying to add Netflix to it but every time I get a script error I'm using windows 7. I eventually want to link XBMC to windows media center because I live in Canada and this is the only way I would be able to use a remote from windows media center using a hauppauge remote. So Can anyone plz help me find out why this is not working . Thank you very much

There is an mce remote add-on in the official repo
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Was there any solution to post #147? Im getting the same errors. aka urlopen/ssl errors? :-(

This is on win7 x64

edit: the problem is if youre using a "free" dns solution to bypass geolocation, using "normal" dns servers and the plugin works fine for me.
(2013-12-26, 21:23)CAJN Wrote: Thank you so much for your programming and willingness to set this up. None of the other Netflix integrations even come close to being as smooth as this is.

I have installed this add-on and have it all working, with one minor issue. I select something to watch and it drops out of XBMC and into Chrome briefly, then re-focuses back into XBMC. If I select the windows key on the keyboard, I can see Chome is active and playing the item I selected for Netflixbmc to play. It looks like a focus issue, but I cannot see how to make Chrome keep focus.

Specs:
Frodo 12.2
Netflixbmc 1.2.2
Chrome Launch 1.0.7

I have scoured the 20 pages and came across a couple of posts pointing me to the Chrome Launcher and Webrowser add-ons. So I made sure they were both installed.

Would appreciate any enlightenment on this issue or pointing me to an appropriate thread or a slap upside the head for missing something obvious...

Was this posted in the wrong section? Should I have made a new thread?
Hi, I love this plug-in but cant seem to get it to work. On first launching the plugin I get a blank "Choose your profile window" after going back clicking on any list action results in a script failed: Netflixbmc and a Remote Share: could not connect to server message. I tried running with both chrome and IE and fiddled with most settings but got the same results. I'm currently trying to run it with IE using the "choose a profile" setting, I have included where i believe the error is and although i saw similar earlier posts the solutions don't seem to help. I am running the most current monthly build of gotham. Thanks in Advance

Code:
13:34:47 T:5200   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/]
13:34:47 T:4880   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin NetfliXBMC('plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/','3','?mode=listVideos&thumb&url=http%3a%2f%2fmovies.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall')
13:34:47 T:4880   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the NetfliXBMC (id=13) plugin...
13:34:47 T:5696  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:34:47 T:5696    INFO: initializing python engine.
13:34:47 T:5696   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(13, C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): start processing
13:34:47 T:5696  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:34:47 T:5696   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(13, C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): the source file to load is C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py
13:34:47 T:5696   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(13, C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc;C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.beautifulsoup\lib;C:\Media Center\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib;C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib;C:\Media Center\XBMC\addons\xbmc.debug\;C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.parsedom\lib;C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.elementtree\lib;C:\Media Center\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\Media Center\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\Media Center\XBMC\python27.zip;C:\Media Center\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Media Center\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Media Center\XBMC;C:\Media Center\XBMC\system\python;C:\Media Center\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages
13:34:47 T:5696   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(13, C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc
13:34:47 T:5696   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(13, C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.netflixbmc" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
13:34:47 T:5696   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\ User\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.netflixbmc\\profile')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 700, in <module>
                                                listVideos(url)
                                              File "C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 115, in listVideos
                                                setProfile()
                                              File "C:\Users\ User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 488, in setProfile
                                                fh = open(profileFile, 'r')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\ User\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.netflixbmc\\profile')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:34:47 T:5696    INFO: Python script stopped
13:34:47 T:5696   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 5696 terminating
13:34:47 T:4880   DEBUG:  XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
13:34:47 T:5200   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&url=http%3a%2f%2fmovies.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall
13:34:47 T:5200   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&url=http%3a%2f%2fmovies.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall) failed
13:34:47 T:5200   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/)
13:34:47 T:5200   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://]
(2013-12-25, 06:08)OGpedxing Wrote: The problem I'm having is with the play button. For some reason that knocks me out of silverlight and chrome and all the way back to XBMC in a windowed mode and then it will restart. Pause works perfectly every time. This doesn't make any send to me because the .lircrc has Play and Pause doing exactly the same thing. Any ideas?

I confirmed with irw that the play button is indeed sending KEY_PLAY. FF and RWD work fine (executing the Left and Right keys via xdotool. It's just Play that's odd.

A couple of more Netflix player window short cuts are here (in case it helps anyone):

http://markwarren.wordpress.com/2010/03/...shortcuts/

I would try running top from an ssh session then pressing play, you might be able to see which command is running that seems to be tied to the play button.
I'm also curious if this happens when using the space button from a keyboard rather than xdotool.
Thanks OP very much for this add on, after many, many years of messing with media centres this addon has finally made I'm system perfect Smile
Any way to get XBMC to close while this is up then open again when the vid closes?
I can't get selecting seasons to work, I can play next episode but not select what season I want.
It would be great if we could get this project merged with the amazon project. I got amazon to work by opening a browser a while back when they added drm. But mine uses a custom installer and I would much rather have it work by using the the advanced chrome launcher you have integrated.

Also recently amazon has been detecting that we are accessing the page using a script and either resetting our amazon password or not allowing the addon to access the page. I have only created 2 official addons for XBMC ( iTBN and GodTube ) so you obviously have a lot more coding experience than me. I will look at what I can do sometime, but to have you and your expertise backing this would be great. Possibly even host the modified amazon addon in your repo so people can easily find it.

Thank you so much for your hard work. XBMC wouldn't be what it is without all of the great addons you have contributed to it.
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
+1
Regarding progress indicator feature--
I noticed the live leak add on incorporates a temp progress watched. I wonder how hard it would be to pull that code into this and make it permanent.
(2013-12-23, 00:08)BootsC5 Wrote: Getting an error when trying to add "My List":

Code:
16:59:59 T:2956983104   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/boots/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 730, in <module>
                                                addMyListToLibrary()
                                              File "/home/boots/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 344, in addMyListToLibrary
                                                year = match[0]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I looked at the code, but don't see any logging of the video item prior to this point so I can't tell you what video is was looking at, and python is not one of my stronger languages.

Also, what is the function/JSON call to make to initiate a import of "My List", so that I can add it to the cronjob plugin? Thanks.

Great add-on, but I get the same error. It works for an individual show, just not for the entire My List. I'd also like to know how to automate this with cronjob or the scheduler add-on. And, is there anyway for it to remember the last view instead of always starting in Poster view?

Thanks
Okay, I fixed the above error by changing line 343 in defauly.py from:
Code:
match = re.compile('<span class="year">(.+?)<\/span>', re.DOTALL).findall(videoDetails)

to

match = re.compile('<span class="year" >(.+?)<\/span>', re.DOTALL).findall(videoDetails)

In the results I get, there should be a space after "year".

I ran into another problem with the show The Blue Planet: A Natural History of the Oceans. In the return results, the show's title is "The Blue Planet: A Natural History of...". The dots at the end prevented the stream files from being created. I believe the problem is that windows directories can't end (or start) with a period. So, I changed line 536 from:
Code:
seriesFolderName = (''.join(c for c in unicode(seriesTitle, 'utf-8') if c not in '/\\:?"*|<>')).strip()

to

seriesFolderName = (''.join(c for c in unicode(seriesTitle, 'utf-8') if c not in '/\\:?"*|<>')).strip(' .')

This strips out white space and periods from the beginning and end of the name.

Although it hasn't been a problem yet, I made the same change for adding movies on line 524.

This may not be the best solutions, I don't know much python, but it seems to work for me.
Here is my version of Amazon Prime using Chrome Launcher

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182172&page=3

Enjoy!
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Great plugin, works well on Ubuntu. I was able to perfect it by mapping some xdotools scripts to unused buttons on my MCE remote on Linux. I think it might be a good idea to have a configurable file for instructions to send in the try statement here: https://code.google.com/p/addonscriptord...ult.py#393

The default logic doesn't work for me because I am not in windowed mode. I hand-modified the code to leave windowed mode, Alt+Tab to switch to Chrome, then F11 to full screen as Kiosk does not work. The 'kiosk' command is supposed to be --app=some_netfilx_url on my version of chrome.

For those interested here is my configuration using lirc, irexec, and xdotools:

~/.lircrc
Code:
begin
remote = *
prog = irexec
button = KEY_CLEAR
config = /home/username/bin/alttab.sh &
repeat = 0
delay = 0
end

begin
remote = *
prog = irexec
button = KEY_ENTER
config = /home/username/bin/altf4.sh &
repeat = 0
delay = 0
end

begin
remote = *
prog = irexec
button = Star
config = /home/username/bin/playpause.sh &
repeat = 0
delay = 0
end

playpause.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
xdotool mousemove 0 5500 click 1 # hide mouse and click on window to make keyboard shortcuts work
xdotool key space # play/pause toggle
exit

alttab.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
xdotool key backslash # switch to windowed xbmc
xdotool key Alt+Tab # switch to chrome (assuming xbmc and chrome are the only apps running)
xdotool key F11 # full screen chrome
exit

altf4.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
xdotool key Alt+F4 # close chrome
sleep 3 # wait 3 seconds
xdotool key backslash # full screen xbmc
exit
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7