[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-01-14, 16:53)AgentX Wrote: I have some difficulties getting it to work on a dual screen setup.

It works fine when I use it while XBMC runs om the mainscreen (PC monitor) but when I try to use it when XBMC is set to the secondary screen (TV) it fails as it seems it does not recognize the preferred screen output.

Any idea how to fix it?

W7 x64 using Chrome

At first I was having issues with multiple monitors as well, however I think I've got it all sorted out now...and it seems to be working great. In my case I have XBMC running on the second monitor.

First, you need to "lock in" the default monitor for the browser you are using so that it opens on the second monitor by default. Open the browser then drag it over to the second monitor. Once there close the browser (be sure that the last browser window/tab to close is on the monitor you want to use). The browser will remember the last monitor it was closed on and open there next time. This works the same for IE as well as Chrome. Test that it is working by opening the browser...it should open on your second monitor, be sure that when you close it again that it is still on your second monitor.

Now, in my case this made NetfliXBMC functional, however I was getting a lot of flickering when launching videos because the browser window was loosing focus and the active window kept changing. Luckily after a little digging, this turned out to be an easy fix...

Last step is to set a custom mouse cursor position. From the NetfliXBMC add-on settings, launch the configuration control panel. You should see an option in the bottom right corner to set a custom cursor position. You will want to set this to coordinates that land the mouse on the second monitor, but out of the way of the video. For example if your primary monitor is on the left of the second monitor and has a resolution of 1680x1050, then if you set the cursor position to 1681x0 the mouse will be in the top left corner of the second monitor during playback, this fixed all issues for me. You can experiment with different mouse locations in order to hide the cursor, however I found that the key factor to making the key mappings work was to have the mouse on the second monitor while the video was playing full screen.

Hope that helps your setup. Good luck, and a big thanks to AddonScriptorDE and all those that have contributed to the add-on, great work!

Messages In This Thread
Search empty? - by cgrey - 2014-01-11, 06:13
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Inofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - by LastChoice - 2014-01-15, 05:28
Not working on windows 7 - by dandiodati - 2014-02-26, 21:55
Problems with this addon - by builderjer - 2014-11-30, 19:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7