• 28(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Hey,
first - sorry for the late reply. I'm just too busy last weeks.
Netflix changed some small thing on login, so the addon wasn't working for new users.
To fix this, change line 473 of default.py to:
Code:
content = opener.open("http://movies.netflix.com/Login").read()

I'll try to answer/solve the other questions/problems (and release an update) next week...

Greetings,
asde
Thank you ASDE, that worked perfectly for me!
I'm currently working on getting Netflixbmc working on my Steam Box but I'm not making much headway. Whenever I have no problems navigating the catalogue but whenever I launch a video it takes me to a Netflix page saying to Sign In. Typically, it's also completely unresponsive once it's hit that window which will sometimes have some message from Silverlight, which should hopefully be corrected after clicking the button to add Netflix to pages Silverlight always runs on. Once I am on that window, sometimes it will make noise when trying to use arrow keys like I'm able to still navigate XBMC menus despite only showing the single chrome page. I end up having to hard shutdown to get out of it.
I was playing a little around with the htpc, and found out that if I changed my Netflix "Playback settings" (in Chrome) to "Play next episode automaticlly" the NetfliXBMC plugin wouldn't populate any of my lists and gave me only script errors. Turning it off makes the plugin work again (apart from HD only, that one won't work at all).
(2014-03-01, 03:27)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Hey,
Netflix changed some small thing on login, so the addon wasn't working for new users.
Code:

I'll try to answer/solve the other questions/problems (and release an update) next week...

Greetings,
asde

Yes, for me just adding `Login` to that line of code solved the login problem too! Thanks ASDE! For those who search for that line 473 in default.py: just look for 'Def login' and then add `Login` to the next line....
You legend ASDE - works great - now to get it configured - thanks again - very much appreciated
thanks so much ASDE it is now working
Awesome, works now! Thanks a million, both for the addon and for the fix! :-D
Search seems to be broken. The search list doesn't come back in a form that NetfliXBMC is prepared to handle; adding another regex to listVideos() appears to fix that, e.g.:

Code:
match1 = re.compile('<span id="dbs(.+?)_.+?alt=".+?" src="(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
            match2 = re.compile('<span class="title "><a id="b(.+?)_', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
            match3 = re.compile('<a href="http://dvd.netflix.com/WiPlayer\?movieid=(.+?)&', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
            if match1:
                for videoID, thumbUrl in match1:
                    listVideo(videoID, "", thumbUrl, False, False)
            elif match2:
                for videoID in match2:
                    listVideo(videoID, "", "", False, False)
            elif match3:
                for videoID in match3:
                    listVideo(videoID, "", "", False, False)

Not sure if it's just me...
View type (list, infowall, tripanel etc.) appears to reset back to "showcase" view, no mater which view you set it to.
This is different from the rest of the XBMC user interface, where the view type for a section remembers what is was set to.
Is it supposed to reset like this in NetfliXBMC?
i keep getting an error "you are not logged in, please restart the add-on" im using the correct login details and have tried restarting addon and restarting xbmc etc but still doesn't work
Code:

Greetings,
asde
Thanks! Works perfectly now.

(2014-03-01, 07:31)Nerdy3.14159265 Wrote: I'm currently working on getting Netflixbmc working on my Steam Box but I'm not making much headway. Whenever I have no problems navigating the catalogue but whenever I launch a video it takes me to a Netflix page saying to Sign In. Typically, it's also completely unresponsive once it's hit that window which will sometimes have some message from Silverlight, which should hopefully be corrected after clicking the button to add Netflix to pages Silverlight always runs on. Once I am on that window, sometimes it will make noise when trying to use arrow keys like I'm able to still navigate XBMC menus despite only showing the single chrome page. I end up having to hard shutdown to get out of it.
Sounds like you have no window manager running. See Chrome Launcher thread.

(2014-03-02, 13:01)Raoden Wrote: View type (list, infowall, tripanel etc.) appears to reset back to "showcase" view, no mater which view you set it to.
This is different from the rest of the XBMC user interface, where the view type for a section remembers what is was set to.
If you don't want netflixbmc to automatically set the view for you, disable it via the addon settings.

(2014-03-02, 14:50)frieten Wrote: i keep getting an error "you are not logged in, please restart the add-on" im using the correct login details and have tried restarting addon and restarting xbmc etc but still doesn't work
See fix above.
(2014-03-02, 15:02)liobisou Wrote:
Code:

Greetings,
asde
Thanks! Works perfectly now.

(2014-03-01, 07:31)Nerdy3.14159265 Wrote: I'm currently working on getting Netflixbmc working on my Steam Box but I'm not making much headway. Whenever I have no problems navigating the catalogue but whenever I launch a video it takes me to a Netflix page saying to Sign In. Typically, it's also completely unresponsive once it's hit that window which will sometimes have some message from Silverlight, which should hopefully be corrected after clicking the button to add Netflix to pages Silverlight always runs on. Once I am on that window, sometimes it will make noise when trying to use arrow keys like I'm able to still navigate XBMC menus despite only showing the single chrome page. I end up having to hard shutdown to get out of it.
Sounds like you have no window manager running. See Chrome Launcher thread.

(2014-03-02, 13:01)Raoden Wrote: View type (list, infowall, tripanel etc.) appears to reset back to "showcase" view, no mater which view you set it to.
If you don't want netflixbmc to automatically set the view for you, disable it via the addon settings.

(2014-03-02, 14:50)frieten Wrote: i keep getting an error "you are not logged in, please restart the add-on" im using the correct login details and have tried restarting addon and restarting xbmc etc but still doesn't work
See fix above.

yep thanks missed it, now to work out how to get my controller working and how to go back to xbmc after an epsiode has finished etc? the controller app from in the settings menu returns a script error and running it from the script folder it doesn't open Sad so i cant use my remote Sad

edit: nevermind i uninstalled and reinstalled and got it working, all fine now Smile only thing i would like to ask as an option to add is a way to map the hidden menu to change quality settings? its default is Shift+Alt+left click on the screen, it opens a menu and you can change quality settings.

if that were possible it would be awesome as i have to manually set mine to max as its always set to auto by default, and it takes a good 2-3mins to buffer up to HD quality for me otherwise.
Has anyone managed to get this working through VPN?
This works great for me but when I use VPN the shows display correctly but if I click on any shows available on US Netflix I get a script error. Shows that are available in my local region work perfectly.

Any help appreciated!
(2014-03-01, 14:18)Wotsie Wrote:
Code:

Greetings,
asde

Yes, for me just adding `Login` to that line of code solved the login problem too! Thanks ASDE! For those who search for that line 473 in default.py: just look for 'Def login' and then add `Login` to the next line....

I am wondering where co can access the code on my computer to edit it to fix this issue. Could not find it in the rest of response and my hunting around under the program files was useless. Thanks for the great program and all the help.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7