• 33(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Your g-box has Linux or android? Even in the case of Linux, I am not sure whether this is working for ARM processor, or which browser could work. Did you try first manually with a browser to access to Netflix?

I see that you have Linux, sorry. Does it work with the browser?
First off I really like this addon. Having chrome come to the top in full screen mode is the best. I have one problem though. I can play tv shows fine, but movies will not start and I get a plugin error. It seems to have something to do with not having a sub menu of episodes to choose from.
MacOS
Frodo 12.3
Latest netflixbmc

Thanks
Anthony
(2014-03-20, 20:46)fgarcor Wrote: Your g-box has Linux or android? Even in the case of Linux, I am not sure whether this is working for ARM processor, or which browser could work. Did you try first manually with a browser to access to Netflix?

I see that you have Linux, sorry. Does it work with the browser?

I can go to Netflix via the browser. On the G-Box, it is Android running on Linux. I can go to the base Android system or into XBMC.

I don't think this is anything to do with whether it will ultimately work or not, I mean I just can't even get to the point of installing it to test. It just never shows up in the Repo list, no matter what I try.

Is there a way to manually add this Add-On, outside of using the Repo? I don't know enough about what the file structures of Add-On zips are supposed to look like to diagnose why it keeps failing to read the NetfliXBMC zip properly.
Has anyone outside of the US been able to get the full US Catalog? I'm on windows 7 and running my videos through internet explorer since I use chrome for regular browsing on my main pc monitor. I usually use hola to get around the region restriction but netflixbmc does not seem to be pulling data from the vpn. I tried setting up a DNS and although american shows do appear and i can play them fine with IE and any other browser Netflixbmc gives me an error when I try playing it. Has anyone found an easy way make US films watchable through this plugin?
Thanks

EDIT: I changed the locale file which seemed to help for shows but 90% of all films just return an error. anyone come across this problem and have a solution? It appears that the video will play if I play it from 'recent activity' however most films will not play in other catagories.

Also does anyone have a solution that doesn't require purchasing a dns subscription and can use something like hola and still let me use IE as the vieweing window?
(2014-03-21, 02:58)adefiore Wrote: First off I really like this addon. Having chrome come to the top in full screen mode is the best. I have one problem though. I can play tv shows fine, but movies will not start and I get a plugin error. It seems to have something to do with not having a sub menu of episodes to choose from.
MacOS
Frodo 12.3
Latest netflixbmc

Thanks
Anthony

Hey, if you try to play a film from recent activity, does it work? I'm just trying to see if people have the same issue as I have.
(2014-03-23, 00:59)dversion Wrote:
(2014-03-21, 02:58)adefiore Wrote: First off I really like this addon. Having chrome come to the top in full screen mode is the best. I have one problem though. I can play tv shows fine, but movies will not start and I get a plugin error. It seems to have something to do with not having a sub menu of episodes to choose from.
MacOS
Frodo 12.3
Latest netflixbmc

Thanks
Anthony

Hey, if you try to play a film from recent activity, does it work? I'm just trying to see if people have the same issue as I have.

I can play a movie from viewing activity. But that same movie will not play from my list.
Hello,

I am having an issue getting this addon to work. When I select the Netflixbmc addon from the video addons menu, the addon loads, but when I click on "My List," I get an error pop-up that says "Info: You are not logged in. Restart the addon!" I've verified my account information from the add-on's settings and everything is correct, and just to make sure, I checked my netflix login information from my password manager and compared it against the information found in this file: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflixbmc\settings.xml and they are a perfect match. I can also login to netflix and watch videos from the chrome browser just fine. I've cleared the cache and cookies from the addon's settings and from within Chrome itself. I've uninstalled the netflix and chrome launcher plug-ins as well as the repository. I also had to manually delete the folder that I listed above with the settings.xml file. Then I reinstalled everything. Still have the same issue. I've rebooted my PC several times and that hasn't helped either.

I am currently using Microsoft Windows 8.1, XBMC 12.3 Frodo, and Netflixbmc 1.2.5.

Does anyone have any other ideas that I can try. Please let me know if any more information is needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Edit: Here is a link to my xbmc logfile if that helps: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=156339
(2014-03-23, 20:01)laer0302 Wrote: Hello,

I am having an issue getting this addon to work. When I select the Netflixbmc addon from the video addons menu, the addon loads, but when I click on "My List," I get an error pop-up that says "Info: You are not logged in. Restart the addon!" I've verified my account information from the add-on's settings and everything is correct, and just to make sure, I checked my netflix login information from my password manager and compared it against the information found in this file: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflixbmc\settings.xml and they are a perfect match. I can also login to netflix and watch videos from the chrome browser just fine. I've cleared the cache and cookies from the addon's settings and from within Chrome itself. I've uninstalled the netflix and chrome launcher plug-ins as well as the repository. I also had to manually delete the folder that I listed above with the settings.xml file. Then I reinstalled everything. Still have the same issue. I've rebooted my PC several times and that hasn't helped either.

I am currently using Microsoft Windows 8.1, XBMC 12.3 Frodo, and Netflixbmc 1.2.5.

Does anyone have any other ideas that I can try. Please let me know if any more information is needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Edit: Here is a link to my xbmc logfile if that helps: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=156339

Hey, if you just click to the previous page in this thread, the answer is there.
I have done everything step by step and continue to get an error of you are not logged in, please restart the add on.

How do I restart the add on? I have rebooted, etc and still get the same error. I have chrome installed running on WIN7 and running Frodo
(2014-03-24, 00:22)jpeezer Wrote: I have done everything step by step and continue to get an error of you are not logged in, please restart the add on.

How do I restart the add on? I have rebooted, etc and still get the same error. I have chrome installed running on WIN7 and running Frodo
check the previous page for the answer
(2014-03-01, 03:27)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Hey,
first - sorry for the late reply. I'm just too busy last weeks.
Netflix changed some small thing on login, so the addon wasn't working for new users.
To fix this, change line 473 of default.py to:
Code:
content = opener.open("http://movies.netflix.com/Login").read()

I'll try to answer/solve the other questions/problems (and release an update) next week...

Greetings,
asde

I'm sure there's how to on this, and I hate that this is my first post, but could you point me in the right direction to learn how to make that change? I'm having an issue with your addon and it seems to be the exact same problem. Thanks for the hard work!
(2014-03-24, 02:44)Calum Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 03:27)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Hey,
first - sorry for the late reply. I'm just too busy last weeks.
Netflix changed some small thing on login, so the addon wasn't working for new users.
To fix this, change line 473 of default.py to:
Code:
content = opener.open("http://movies.netflix.com/Login").read()

I'll try to answer/solve the other questions/problems (and release an update) next week...

Greetings,
asde

I'm sure there's how to on this, and I hate that this is my first post, but could you point me in the right direction to learn how to make that change? I'm having an issue with your addon and it seems to be the exact same problem. Thanks for the hard work!
open in notepad and find that line and add 'login' to the end of that url, save and it'll be good.

(2014-03-23, 04:21)adefiore Wrote:
(2014-03-23, 00:59)dversion Wrote:
MacOS
Frodo 12.3
Latest netflixbmc

Thanks
Anthony

I can play a movie from viewing activity. But that same movie will not play from my list.

Yeah, i'm having the exact same problem. dropped the vpn, tried different browsers, even reinstalled all of xbmc along with the plugin. Can't get movies to work outside of viewing activity. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this,
I hope someone knows the fix to this problem also. At least it am not the only one and it is something I am doing wrong.
Can anyone provide any information about the Windows control utility? What does it do exactly? Can it be used outside of netflixbmc? I'm looking for something to force the focus onto Netflix/Silverlight for another project I'm working on.
(2014-03-24, 04:08)adefiore Wrote: I hope someone knows the fix to this problem also. At least it am not the only one and it is something I am doing wrong.

okay so i found an ugly temporary workaround for our problem. If you click on "continue viewing" on any film it should start playing normally. It's not the most elegant solution but hopefully it'll work until someone smarter than me fixes the problem
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7