• 34(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
I tested this and this does work. Like you said not the best, but this is way better than what I had before you posted. I will use this "solution" until someone can fix this the right way for us.

Thanks again
Exclamation 
Warning!

Something seems fishie here!

My firewall is blocking installation of addon as its detected as a virus!

XBMC.LOG

Quote:CFileCache::Open - opening <svn/trunk/plugin.video.netflixbmc/resources/NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe> using cache
17:55:10 T:4595425280 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0x105e319e0) http://addonscriptorde-beta-repo.googlec...tility.exe
17:55:10 T:4595425280 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22)
17:55:10 T:4595425280 NOTICE: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Reconnect, (re)try 1
17:55:10 T:4595425280 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22)

Error 22 is generated as my firewall is dropping the connection

Firewall log:

Quote:Threat Details
Threat Type virus
Threat Name Virus/Win32.WGeneric.cfdee
ID 2943361
Severity medium
Repeat Count 2
URL NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe
Pcap ID 0

Virustotal is not able to find anything wrong, however WildFire APT indeed classifies it as malware when ran in the VM sandbox

This is what it found:

Quote:Behavioral Summary
This sample was found to be malware on this virtual machine.
Behavior
Created a file in the Windows folder
Created an executable file in a user document folder
Spawned new processes
Crashed when loaded
Synthesized a keystroke or mouse click
Modified Windows registries
Changed security settings of Internet Explorer
Changed the proxy settings for Internet Explorer
Modified the network connections setting for Internet Explorer
Created or modified files

It creates a sample.exe file:

c:\documents and settings\administrator\sample.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32 -p 1556 -e 412 -g
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwwin.exe -d C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdad7.dir00\manifest.txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumprep.exe 1556 -dm 7 7 C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdad7.dir00\sample.exe.hdmp 16325836412027340
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumprep.exe 1556 -dm 7 7 C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdad7.dir00\sample.exe.mdmp 16325836412027328

Process Activity

Child Process Action
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumprep.exe 1556 -dm 7 7 C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdad7.dir00\sample.exe.mdmp 16325836412027328 Create
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumprep.exe 1556 -dm 7 7 C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdad7.dir00\sample.exe.hdmp 16325836412027340 Create
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwwin.exe -d C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdad7.dir00\manifest.txt Create
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32 -p 1556 -e 412 -g Create

File Activity
File Action
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdad7.dir00\sample.exe.mdmp Create
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdad7.dir00\sample.exe.hdmp Create
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdad7.dir00\appcompat.txt Create
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERdad7.dir00\manifest.txt Create
Registry Activity
Registry Key Value Action
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders Create
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders Create
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Fusion\GACChangeNotification\Default Create
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\GDIPlus Create
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\NetfliXBMC_Utility Create
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting Create
\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\ExclusionList Create
\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\InclusionList Create
\REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2052111302-1214440339-682003330-500\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\AppData C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data Set
\REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2052111302-1214440339-682003330-500\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Cache C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
Was able to login and go through all the menus with no problems but it wont play a movie. I am running this on a raspberry pi with chrome browser
First, thanks for your work on the addon.

I applied the fix to the default.py file and am now able to successfully login.

As others have mentioned I can see the list of shows but nothing will play -- I get a script error.

Any known solutions for this yet?
nothing to see here
(2014-03-26, 01:13)Londave Wrote: First, thanks for your work on the addon.

I applied the fix to the default.py file and am now able to successfully login.

As others have mentioned I can see the list of shows but nothing will play -- I get a script error.

Any known solutions for this yet?
*sigh* you should probably simply check the thread... even perhaps the previous page for the answer. Anyway, right now just click on "continuing viewing" until the problem is solved by the scriptor
I thought I had it figured out, but I can't find the file to edit. My searching has told me I should be looking in the userdata folder, and I can find a few of those. But none seem to have the file. I searched for default.py but didn't find any instance of "netflix" in that file. Can someone give me the file path to be able to edit this addon for the /login url? I'm running xp.

Thanks
Look at post 457 a few pages back for the windows location. If you don't want to read, here is the location.

windows %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflixbmc
(2014-03-26, 17:50)adefiore Wrote: Look at post 457 a few pages back for the windows location. If you don't want to read, here is the location.

windows %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflixbmc

Thanks.

I don't mind reading, but 34 pages is a little daunting.
All good now, thanks!
(2014-03-26, 22:03)Calum Wrote: All good now, thanks!

Glad to help....guess you are not following the over 100 page hulu thread. [FLUSHED FACE]
(2014-03-26, 23:05)adefiore Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 22:03)Calum Wrote: All good now, thanks!

Glad to help....guess you are not following the over 100 page hulu thread. [FLUSHED FACE]

No hulu in Canada without a proxy server so I haven't bother with it yet. I did return my cable boxes yesterday though so if I find the content between XBMC and Netlifx to be lacking I'll give it a shot.

Damn though, a 100 pages for a single addon... WTH are they talking about over there?

edit: reading two pages was enough. Please don't answer my above question. Smile
Does anyone know how to manually slam in an Add-On, ie, without using a repo?

Or can direct me to the appropriate thread that discusses this?
(2014-03-27, 15:49)acrobat Wrote: Does anyone know how to manually slam in an Add-On, ie, without using a repo?

Or can direct me to the appropriate thread that discusses this?

download the zip file and then in the addons section click on install from zip and choose the file.
(2014-03-24, 02:44)Calum Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 03:27)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Hey,
first - sorry for the late reply. I'm just too busy last weeks.
Netflix changed some small thing on login, so the addon wasn't working for new users.
To fix this, change line 473 of default.py to:
Code:
content = opener.open("http://movies.netflix.com/Login").read()

I'll try to answer/solve the other questions/problems (and release an update) next week...

Greetings,
asde

I'm sure there's how to on this, and I hate that this is my first post, but could you point me in the right direction to learn how to make that change? I'm having an issue with your addon and it seems to be the exact same problem. Thanks for the hard work!

I am running the latest version on Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.2. I opened the plugin.video.netflixbmc folder and did not find the "default.py" file that I am meant to edit. How do I find it. Thanks. Also when selected the multiple user open I just get a black box come up on the screen with the question "Who is watching?" written on top. However, there is no profile list for me to choose from. When I click escape I am then brought to the Netflix menu. However when I select an open I keep getting a script error. When I select single user I go straight into the Netflix menu but when I select an option I am told that I am not logged which brought me to this solution which I am having a problem applying to this add-on.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7