• 36(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Great job. I have been looking for a working netflix addon for a couple years now, and yours is almost perfect. Since I use a shared MySQL library, I had to hardcode a network library path into default.py. Otherwise netflix shows added only worked on the computer they were added from. It would be wonderful if you could add a custom library path to the settings dialog.

Thanks for the great addon.
(2014-04-01, 05:46)Atomic1 Wrote: Thank you for pointing out the fix to the default.py file. I am able to now scroll through movies and tv shows. TV shows work and launch correctly however, whenever I attempt to play a movie, and only a movie, I get the following error: "Error Script Failed!: plugin.video.netflixbmc" I tried a number of things such as clearing cache, deleting cookies, restarting xbmc, enabling, disabling but with no luck. Would following the directions that you have outline b33bl3br0x possibly solve the problem? Or is this thought to be an entirely different issue?

I ran into the same problem - selecting movies threw an error. Here's a fix:

Change line 163 of default.py to

Code:
match = re.compile('<span class="duration ".*?>(.+?)<\/span>', re.DOTALL).findall(videoDetails)

The change is the blank space inserted after "duration".
Hey all,

I'm still getting the "You are not logged in. Restart the addon!" error. I saw the fix on page 28, but there isn't actually a default.py file to modify. Any suggestions?
(2014-04-02, 03:19)cjpm105 Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 05:46)Atomic1 Wrote: Thank you for pointing out the fix to the default.py file. I am able to now scroll through movies and tv shows. TV shows work and launch correctly however, whenever I attempt to play a movie, and only a movie, I get the following error: "Error Script Failed!: plugin.video.netflixbmc" I tried a number of things such as clearing cache, deleting cookies, restarting xbmc, enabling, disabling but with no luck. Would following the directions that you have outline b33bl3br0x possibly solve the problem? Or is this thought to be an entirely different issue?

I ran into the same problem - selecting movies threw an error. Here's a fix:

Code:
match = re.compile('<span class="duration ".*?>(.+?)<\/span>', re.DOTALL).findall(videoDetails)

Perfect. That worked great! Thanks.

(2014-04-04, 03:46)Mystrunner Wrote: Hey all,

I'm still getting the "You are not logged in. Restart the addon!" error. I saw the fix on page 28, but there isn't actually a default.py file to modify. Any suggestions?

On the Mac, the folder/file is located under this path: /Users/Insert Your Hard Drive Here/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc.
I use an app you can get from the app store called Find Any File which is pretty handy. It used to be free but it's unfortunately 8 bucks now.
(2014-04-04, 06:06)Atomic1 Wrote: On the Mac, the folder/file is located under this path: /Users/Insert Your Hard Drive Here/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc.
I use an app you can get from the app store called Find Any File which is pretty handy. It used to be free but it's unfortunately 8 bucks now.

Ach, I'm on Windows 8, though, that's the thing that boggles my mind. It *should* be there! And Windows search finds utter bupkus! I'm at wit's end!
(2014-04-02, 03:19)cjpm105 Wrote: I ran into the same problem - selecting movies threw an error. Here's a fix:

Code:

Has this been submitted to the OP's github yet?

Does anyone know what causes the "Could not connect to network server" in XBMC? Even though IE still opens and starts the video, it'd be nice to not still have the error up when you go back to XBMC (and not have to explain to others that it's not really an error).
Hello,

So I'm just wondering is normal behavior?

Running a tv show/movie after adding it to the library -

Running a tv show or movie directly in netflixbmc (forgot to put a green box around the message) -

These aren't really problems since Chrome still launches and the tv show or movie plays fine.
This is a fantastic addon, and the transition from XBMC to Netlix in chrome launcher is working flawlessly. However, it appears that NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe does not exit/close properly when I exit back into xbmc. Then, when I exit XBMC completely and then later relaunch XBMC, I get the following error:

Quote: Error. Unable to create application. Exiting.

I have to open task manager and kill the Netflixbmc_utility.exe process. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit, XBMC 12.3 Frodo, and Netflixbmc v1.2.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(2014-04-06, 00:30)laer0302 Wrote: This is a fantastic addon, and the transition from XBMC to Netlix in chrome launcher is working flawlessly. However, it appears that NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe does not exit/close properly when I exit back into xbmc. Then, when I exit XBMC completely and then later relaunch XBMC, I get the following error:

I have to open task manager and kill the Netflixbmc_utility.exe process. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Also having this issue and took me a while to figure out it was even happening. It also would make it so remote would stop working. No idea how to fix it
(2014-04-06, 01:16)frieten Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 00:30)laer0302 Wrote: This is a fantastic addon, and the transition from XBMC to Netlix in chrome launcher is working flawlessly. However, it appears that NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe does not exit/close properly when I exit back into xbmc. Then, when I exit XBMC completely and then later relaunch XBMC, I get the following error:

Also having this issue and took me a while to figure out it was even happening. It also would make it so remote would stop working. No idea how to fix it

See here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1429029
Fix is for emulators, but same issue/fix.
(2014-04-06, 01:54)teeedubb Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 01:16)frieten Wrote:

See here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1429029
Fix is for emulators, but same issue/fix.

Quote:After switching to the VB scripts (which work great!) I started getting this error with only MAME. As far as I can tell the xbmc process was holding the xbmc.log file and this was preventing xbmc from restarting. Windows will not allow the deletion of the log file while its being used, although a app called Unlocker is able to delete the in use log file via the command prompt/batch file. Using the method described here to bypass the UAC pop up as this program runs as administrator. Then I added the shortcut to the eventghost action I have for closing emulators + app-launch.bat script file and now xbmc restarts after MAME now.

Ok, so I've installed Unlocker, duplicated the issue with netflixbmc, and have tried to use unlocker manually to get the netfixbmc_utility.exe process to close/exit. I've used the "Unlocker" option from the windows context menu on the netflixbmc_utility.exe file, the xbmc.log file and even the main xbmc.exe application. Always get a popup stating' "No locking handle found." I've also tried using unlocker via the command line and the "-s" command to unlock/kill this program, to no avail.It does give me the option to delete, rename, or move the file, however. Is this what I need to do? I would think I wouldn't want to mess with these files at all..

Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for the help!
Sad 
Hi - Loving the looks of this add-on, unfortunately I cannot get it working.

I followed this guide to install and installation went fine. However as soon as I try and launch the add-on, it pops up a window to select my profile. This window is empty. No options given. When I close this window, it takes me into the add-on and provides various options such as "my list" etc. If I try and choose one of these options, an alert in the bottom-right corner of XBMC appears reading "Error! Script Failed : plugin.video.xbmc".

I ensured my login credentials are correct and I tried changing the option for the profiles to single profile. When I do this, the "Who's Watching" box no longer pops up, but when an option such as "my list" is selected, the same error message is received. However this time, if I try choosing the option again (or any other option as well - "Genres" for example), a new message is given: "Info: You are not logged in! Restart the addon". This message only seems to appear when the "Single-User Account" setting is selected, not when multiple-profiles is.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is final missing piece of the XBMC puzzle. I feel left out Sad

Thanks in advance!
(2014-04-06, 05:53)alixperry Wrote: Hi - Loving the looks of this add-on, unfortunately I cannot get it working.

I followed this guide to install and installation went fine. However as soon as I try and launch the add-on, it pops up a window to select my profile. This window is empty. No options given. When I close this window, it takes me into the add-on and provides various options such as "my list" etc. If I try and choose one of these options, an alert in the bottom-right corner of XBMC appears reading "Error! Script Failed : plugin.video.xbmc".

I ensured my login credentials are correct and I tried changing the option for the profiles to single profile. When I do this, the "Who's Watching" box no longer pops up, but when an option such as "my list" is selected, the same error message is received. However this time, if I try choosing the option again (or any other option as well - "Genres" for example), a new message is given: "Info: You are not logged in! Restart the addon". This message only seems to appear when the "Single-User Account" setting is selected, not when multiple-profiles is.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is final missing piece of the XBMC puzzle. I feel left out Sad

Thanks in advance!

Try this fix from page 28 of this thread to fix the login issue:

Quote:AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
Hey,
first - sorry for the late reply. I'm just too busy last weeks.
Netflix changed some small thing on login, so the addon wasn't working for new users.
To fix this, change line 473 of default.py to:
Code:
Code:
content = opener.open("http://movies.netflix.com/Login").read()

I'll try to answer/solve the other questions/problems (and release an update) next week...

Greetings,
asde
(2014-04-01, 04:51)b33bl3br0x Wrote: PapaJupe, Dark Volker, and everyone else having the error log with the "\profile" "no such directory of file" problem:

I had that exact same problem and I was able to fix it by:

1. Uninstall netflixbmc
2. close xbmc
3. open xbmc
4. reinstall netflixbmc
5. exit xbmc
6. alter line 473 of default.py again and save
7. restart xbmc
8. make sure your user info is correct in the netflixbmc config
9. start add-on

I did this and it gave the ability to choose my profile and view entries on my playlists

After selecting my profile (which it DOES list the profiles of my account), I get the below screenshot:

Line "13:54:25 T:7192" starts the error in the below log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=167819

Since it keeps seeming to be some "permissions error," I'm curious--is there a config file in the add-on appdata directory, that caches my credentials for Netflix? I'm curious--the only way I'm able to view my account credentials (to see if they're accurate) is in the configuration screen of NetfliXBMC, in XBMC. Obviously I can see how my email is going across, but the password is all asterixed out. I remember a previous poster to this forum having to type in his credentials with the add-on's "soft-keyboard," because it kept adding a character or something to his password when he typed it in? I've tried the soft-keyboard, laptop keyboard, copy/paste, etc., all to no avail at this point.
(2014-04-06, 21:07)PapaJupe Wrote: Since it keeps seeming to be some "permissions error," I'm curious--is there a config file in the add-on appdata directory, that caches my credentials for Netflix? I'm curious--the only way I'm able to view my account credentials (to see if they're accurate) is in the configuration screen of NetfliXBMC, in XBMC. Obviously I can see how my email is going across, but the password is all asterixed out. I remember a previous poster to this forum having to type in his credentials with the add-on's "soft-keyboard," because it kept adding a character or something to his password when he typed it in? I've tried the soft-keyboard, laptop keyboard, copy/paste, etc., all to no avail at this point.

The netflix plugin had my credentials but for some really weird reason the plugin never read them propperly. Not even changing the line 473 of default.py.
I found the settings.xml file on this path:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\resources

Had to hard-code the username, password and the settings for multiple profiles set to true. ====> Hope this hack works for someone else.

After this the plugin work only in half.

I can see the categories, and the list of episodes... but... (here come the weird behavior)... no one of the episodes load.
I get an error on the screen.

Checking the log file this is what i found:

Code:
20:07:08 T:2240  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:07:08 T:6516  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:07:08 T:6516  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:07:08 T:6620  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:07:08 T:992  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:07:08 T:3232  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:07:08 T:6520  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:07:08 T:4996  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:07:20 T:3180  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
20:07:20 T:3180  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:07:21 T:3180   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 753, in <module>
                                                listSeasons(name, url, thumb)
                                              File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 237, in listSeasons
                                                content = json.loads(content)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 307, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 319, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 338, in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
                                            ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:07:21 T:4240   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=Narco%20Cultura&thumb=http%3a%2f%2fcdn8.nflximg.net%2fimages%2f9158%2f4009158.jpg&url=70267837
20:07:21 T:4240   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=Narco%20Cultura&thumb=http%3a%2f%2fcdn8.nflximg.net%2fimages%2f9158%2f4009158.jpg&url=70267837) failed
20:07:21 T:6540  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

My system info

W7 - I.core i3
XBMC Frodo

I tried to play it again and now i don't get an error, (although the log keep registering this) but instead is asking me for some settings related to the chrome launcher, I made another attempt changing from chrome to iexplorer in the settings but this opens an iexplorer window in kiosk mode asking me for the credentials again... Undecided (...frustrated).

Does anyone have a clue what is going on in my case?
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7