• 40(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Is there no option to customize the keys anymore? I use a 360 controller to browse XBMC (as I frequently flip over to steam to play games) and no button on the controller will exit the browser once it has loaded. I believe the options should be in advanced area of the config panel, but mine has nothing in there dealing with customizing the keys.

Thanks!
Hi,

this surely is a great add-on for XBMC, I would like to express my gratitude for it. Using the control utility, I'm able to return to XBMC (IIRC by using the 'BrowserBack' command that is mapped to my remote's back-button).

However (there's always a catch, isn't there?), I'm having a hard time getting my MCE remote (of the 'ehome' variety) to pause/play my video. I used ShowKey to tell me which commands are sent, and I see these two below:

WM_APPCOMMAND 46: Begin playing at the current position
WM_APPCOMMAND 47: Pause

KeyShow doesn't provide the xml to be changed/added in the config file, I guess because the commands are different.

Is there a way to make this remote control's play/pause buttons work for netflixbmc? (They work great in xbmc itself by the way)

I ran a search on this thread for 'WM_APPCOMMAND' and 'ehome' but that yields no results...

Alternatively: I'm actually using a Logitech Harmony remote that 'mimmicks' the MCE remote, so if there is a way to get play/pause to work with some Logitech Harmony-trick, I'd be very interested to hear about it.

Thanks a lot!

***EDIT***

I stumbled upon an add-on called MCERemote, I'm currently trying to get that to work. Seems to be developed for exactly this purpose though, so I have high hopes...

***EDIT 2***
MCERemote does the job.
Anyone else having issue when access TV_Shows or Genres in Plugin

All was working then stopped about a week ago. I have multiple builds, so i thought i may have chnaged something on my master build that replicated to child builds, but when i go to a very early build same issue occurs.

Latest works and shows content, but TV_Shows, and Genre show no content available with no error

Regards, HTPCS
Same here!! I cannot display TV shows, or most of the other categories.
I can see Latest.

Did Netflix changed the layout?
Yes, same issue here.

[XBMC noob mode]

To be honest, I only got this add-on to work this week and I thought that these were just some default XBMC or skin categories/items that simply didn't apply to the Netflix add-on, but that they were there because they were default. I didn't look into disabling them in the skin's settings etc. yet, but I'm glad to hear they are supposed to actually work!

[/XBMC noob mode]
Yeah I have the same problem to nothing in tv shows and genres is also empty
(2014-04-25, 16:50)grote345 Wrote: Yeah I have the same problem to nothing in tv shows and genres is also empty

Same problem here Confused
I'm having a number of problems, but one recently pretty much makes the addon useless. Netflixbmc opens too many tabs in chrome and IE both. Like 30 or 40 tabs before it finally stops. Then one tab will start working and I have to manually close each tab until I get to the one that's playing (that is, IF I can get out of kiosk mode).

It worked initially. Then this problem arose. I did a reinstall of xbmc for other reasons, and after the reinstall it was working again. I haven't been able to get it to stay logged into a profile, which is another issue. So as I was messing with the profile options, the problem started again.
i wonder if anyone has the same issue as me

xbmc shows and lists the shows when i go to watch xbmc maximizes .. chrome opens on the task bar only but maximize.. xbmc maximizers i hear sound but nothng on the screen...... while chrome plays the video in chrome stil in the backgrund
"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care”
I began experiencing the same problem today where XBMC re-maximizes after launching a video.

The issue of Genres and TV Shows being empty has been affecting us for a while.
Does anyone here have some ideas on how I can get this to work on Steam OS? I think it has to do with the window manager. I was directed to the chrome-launcher thread but it's basically dead over there and I can't get any help.
This add-on works great!! And it's became my most used add-on lately. Though when I stop a video (I have my stop button mapped to close the browser) I get a window pop p that says (could not connect to remote server) something like that. Any ideas?
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
I have read through most of the thread and I am still having difficulties populating the genres. My previously watched all populate and playback fine. Just for kids comes up fine too. It's Movies, Documentaries, and TV Shows that won't populate. Just say next page.

I am using a subscription DNS for US Netflix and living in Canada.
Does this work with netflix uk?
(2014-05-01, 17:57)WasTiSLine Wrote: I have read through most of the thread and I am still having difficulties populating the genres. My previously watched all populate and playback fine. Just for kids comes up fine too. It's Movies, Documentaries, and TV Shows that won't populate. Just say next page.

I am using a subscription DNS for US Netflix and living in Canada.

See post #588 and onwards: you're not the only one, I don't think it has anything to do with your dns settings...

(2014-05-01, 19:14)Malakesher Wrote: Does this work with netflix uk?

I don't see why it wouldn't. It works for me with Netflix NL, so it's not a US-only add-on. Plus, it's a free download so just give it a try and find out!
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7